21 replies to this topic

#21 hervon

hervon

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:24 PM

QuicksilverG4, you suggested that he pirated the game without any proof. If you didn't have anything more brillant to write you should have studied your physics.  I understand now why you have 'so many' posts. 8)

That was a great way to welcome a newbie! :wink:

#22 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Verbal Windbag

• IMG Writers
  • 4227 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:39 PM

Well, based on what he said to me . . . you know!   :wink:   And anyway, it took me a whole 3 years to get my 850 posts--a lot of users have twice the amount I do, and (in case you haven't noticed), I write a lot in each post.  

Okay--his problem is that he's missing one, or several files out of his "Maps" or "Shaders" folder.  Often times, game developers put out fake copies of games to discourage piracy.  Lots of other times, files are incomplete, stuff gets corrupted, etc.  Like I said before--if he simply said "no, I didn't pirate this game," then we'd be all set.  The first reply said:  "reinstall."  Since he didn't write back saying that reinstalling worked, you can be reasonably sure that  he can't reinstall, because he doesn't have the CD.  He would've replied if it had worked--if he pirated the game, he knows that we can't help him.  His Halo problem, combined with the fact that far more users have pirated this game makes me believe that he's pirated it.  But, for the millionth time, if he writes back and says that he hasn't pirated the game, then everything is great and I was wrong!  However, unless he does something, anything, I think that what I said is probably true.
Former Senior Hardware Editor
InsideMacGames.com