Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 27 May 2004 - 12:22 PM

look at the release dates section og IMG and itll tell u when Knight of the old republic is being released 4 mac

Look at your keyboard and you will see that it has plenty of characters, no need to save on them. It also has other signs, such as , . and '.
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions.Aim higher.Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#62 Zack

Zack

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2481 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 12:44 PM

What an odd idea. A star wars that follows AD&D 3rd rules.
Sounds fun.

Actually it doesn't Use AD&D 3rd rules. There's an actually a Star Wars Pen and Paper RPG which uses the D20 system (which is based on DnD), and that's what KotoR uses.

I thought it used a slightly simplified D&D 3rd edition rule set. Either that or GameSpot lies.
Zack Lipowski
Love, Peace, And Grease.
InsideMacGames

#63 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:24 PM

What an odd idea. A star wars that follows AD&D 3rd rules.
Sounds fun.

Actually it doesn't Use AD&D 3rd rules. There's an actually a Star Wars Pen and Paper RPG which uses the D20 system (which is based on DnD), and that's what KotoR uses.

I thought it used a slightly simplified D&D 3rd edition rule set. Either that or GameSpot lies.

GameSpot lies. More or less. It uses the SW D20 rules from Wizards of the Coast, so it's still very similar.
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions.Aim higher.Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#64 Rubel

Rubel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:20 PM

Yes, a lot of the same sort of character building strategies from NWN seem to apply, for instance. Take a few levels of Scout or Diplomat, and chose the right skills and feats that'll lead to a more talky, force powers using, less combat heavy Jedi...or start as a Soldier and being a serious danger with a lightsaber.

I still like the non-D20 system better :) but I guess I'll stop complaining and just enjoy a great game.

Maybe my 867mHz G4 will even run it!
I left my heart in Port Montyhaul.

#65 Edwar

Edwar

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Location:Pacific Northwest on the north slope of the Olympic Mts.

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:16 PM

Well I just got the game, and started to play. At first being a FPS gamer, I was not too happy with the way the main character, moved in the fighting. But then as I used team members, with thier skills while fighting, this turn based way is pretty cool !

As a Soldier class, I freed Bastila, have Mission and Zaalbar on the team, and a droid, we made it off Taris, headed for Dantooine, became a Jedi, found a Star Map, and in the quest to fine the other maps, obtained the one from Tatooine, in a round about way, by not getting the Sandpeople's Chiefs staff, or finding Griff, Mission's brother. But slew the dragon, and got the map. And killed the Bounty hunter Cole Nordo ?, there with his men.  

Q. Now that Taris is blown up, where can I collect the bounty for Cole Nordo ?

Went to the Wookie home world, but could not dock there, staying away from Korriban ( Sith enclave ) for now, went to the planet Manaan, only to be tried and executed, had to start at a previous save, flew off to the spacestation Yavin, and learned of the other Moon IV,

I need three more Star maps, I paused the game, went online to read some walk-throughs, for some hints. I don't want to cheat. But I want to get more credits, and skill points. So it's either back to Tatooine or Manaan, for swoop races, or card games, to earn more credits, I think I need to buy the other Droid there also.

I'm play the game on my G5, dual 2.0, with 4 GB ram, Ati 800 XT, 1.1 TB HD's, a LaCie 19" blue IV, with the game set on high, normal play. With no slow downs, by saving often, quiting the game after two or three hours, and restarting the G5, to clear the cache, and restart the game.

This game is awsome, for a RPG, which I never cared for, but BioWare, did a great job, as did Aspyr, Thanks Brad !!

I hope our team, makes it off Manaan safely on the way to Tatooine, may the Force be with us!
From the Halls of Duke Nukem, to the shores of Lara Croft, we will fight our foe's in any Arena.

#66 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:14 AM

View PostEdwar, on March 28th 2006, 05:16 AM, said:

Well I just got the game, and started to play. At first being a FPS gamer, I was not too happy with the way the main character, moved in the fighting. But then as I used team members, with thier skills while fighting, this turn based way is pretty cool !

As a Soldier class, I freed Bastila, have Mission and Zaalbar on the team, and a droid, we made it off Taris, headed for Dantooine, became a Jedi, found a Star Map, and in the quest to fine the other maps, obtained the one from Tatooine, in a round about way, by not getting the Sandpeople's Chiefs staff, or finding Griff, Mission's brother. But slew the dragon, and got the map. And killed the Bounty hunter Cole Nordo ?, there with his men.  

Q. Now that Taris is blown up, where can I collect the bounty for Cole Nordo ?

Went to the Wookie home world, but could not dock there, staying away from Korriban ( Sith enclave ) for now, went to the planet Manaan, only to be tried and executed, had to start at a previous save, flew off to the spacestation Yavin, and learned of the other Moon IV,

I need three more Star maps, I paused the game, went online to read some walk-throughs, for some hints. I don't want to cheat. But I want to get more credits, and skill points. So it's either back to Tatooine or Manaan, for swoop races, or card games, to earn more credits, I think I need to buy the other Droid there also.

I'm play the game on my G5, dual 2.0, with 4 GB ram, Ati 800 XT, 1.1 TB HD's, a LaCie 19" blue IV, with the game set on high, normal play. With no slow downs, by saving often, quiting the game after two or three hours, and restarting the G5, to clear the cache, and restart the game.

This game is awsome, for a RPG, which I never cared for, but BioWare, did a great job, as did Aspyr, Thanks Brad !!

I hope our team, makes it off Manaan safely on the way to Tatooine, may the Force be with us!

I'm glad you enjoy the game. It's my favourite RPG ever, to be honest, it was the first RPG I actually completed. I hope Aspyr soon releases an universal binary of KOTOR. I'd really like to replay the game without slow-downs and stutters on my shiny new MBP this time I'll take the Dark Side. Uhm, no, I can't be bad. :D
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#67 the_cloudgazer

the_cloudgazer

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:21 AM

View PostJan, on March 28th 2006, 01:14 PM, said:

I'm glad you enjoy the game. It's my favourite RPG ever, to be honest, it was the first RPG I actually completed. I hope Aspyr soon releases an universal binary of KOTOR. I'd really like to replay the game without slow-downs and stutters on my shiny new MBP this time I'll take the Dark Side. Uhm, no, I can't be bad. :D

LOL, i also can't be 'bad' I have played the game as a dark-sider, but it just seemed wrong.
It seems my bloody morals keep getting in the way.

#68 electricdawn

electricdawn

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:55 AM

View Postthe_cloudgazer, on March 28th 2006, 05:21 PM, said:

LOL, i also can't be 'bad' I have played the game as a dark-sider, but it just seemed wrong.
It seems my bloody morals keep getting in the way.

I started out as neutral (obviously) and pretty much stayed on the neutral path for a long time, mixing good decisions with "bad ones". I sided with the dark master (forgot his name) on Korriban, and when the time finally came for me to decide, I first choose light and then later dark.

I actually enjoyed being evil and I like the ending better... :evil: Hehe...

The force sets me free...

Ah...I still love that game.

v/r, E.

#69 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Verbal Windbag

• IMG Writers
  • 4227 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:57 AM

HK-42 is the best character in that game . . . especially his continual references to you as an organic "meatbag."   I found dialog with HK-42 several times funnier than anything I ever experienced in Stubbs. ;)
Former Senior Hardware Editor
InsideMacGames.com

#70 Mr.PreacherMan

Mr.PreacherMan

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:52 PM

Rubel  
post May 27th 2004, 05:20 PM
Post #64

Edwar
post March 27th 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #65
I hear that, with a darksider with level 3 Threadomancy, you can actually bump two year old posts with one minute accuracy!

Should fix that 5 hour discrepancy.

(Just teasing. Noticed that this was a very old thread and you almost nailed it. :P )

#71 jeffstra

jeffstra

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:20 PM

View PostJan, on March 28th 2006, 04:14 AM, said:

Although KOTR was initially mentioned by Aspyr as one of the first that would be going universal binary one of their recent updates talked about a dozen games being worked on but not KOTOR. I'm with you, I played it on my G4 with the Radeon 8500 video card and in some sections it was excrutiating. This game and their first announcement was one of the reasons I got the iMac Intel. I hope they follow through with their original announcement and we see the update soon.

#72 jeffstra

jeffstra

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:15 PM

View Postjeffstra, on April 3rd 2006, 01:20 PM, said:

Although KOTR was initially mentioned by Aspyr as one of the first that would be going universal binary one of their recent updates talked about a dozen games being worked on but not KOTOR. I'm with you, I played it on my G4 with the Radeon 8500 video card and in some sections it was excrutiating. This game and their first announcement was one of the reasons I got the iMac Intel. I hope they follow through with their original announcement and we see the update soon.

Boy, I can stop a thread can't I?

#73 crispyking

crispyking

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:59 PM

View Postjeffstra, on April 13th 2006, 04:15 PM, said:

Boy, I can stop a thread can't I?

I hear your frustration!   I think the hold-up is the Miles sound library (http://www.radgametools.com/miles.htm) which is also holding up Neverwinter Nights.

It was just updated (http://www.radgameto...com/msshist.htm) but no sign of Mac/Intel support.    My guess is that they're stuck in the CodeWarrior -> XCode phase...

-- Chris

#74 the_cloudgazer

the_cloudgazer

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:06 AM

This may be a stupid question.

I'm running 10.3.9 and have enjoyed KOTOR on it.
I've read about and experienced the problems on Dantooine.

Is there a patch for the game (like with the Windows version)?

#75 Kanamit

Kanamit

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 12:43 PM

View Postthe_cloudgazer, on April 15th 2006, 08:06 AM, said:

This may be a stupid question.

I'm running 10.3.9 and have enjoyed KOTOR on it.
I've read about and experienced the problems on Dantooine.

Is there a patch for the game (like with the Windows version)?

There isn't a patch, but see here for workarounds.

Edit: Never mind, there is a patch, but I'm not sure if it fixes datooine

#76 jedie4

jedie4

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 02:07 PM

why are people talking about knights of the old republic, when there is a totally cooler game out there. BATTLEFRONT 2!!!!!

#77 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 02:15 PM

View Postjedie4, on April 15th 2006, 04:07 PM, said:

why are people talking about knights of the old republic, when there is a totally cooler game out there. BATTLEFRONT 2!!!!!

Because Knights of the Old Republic is a RPG, and Battlefront 2 isn't?  Plus it's not ported to OS X?  Maybe?

--Eric

#78 the_cloudgazer

the_cloudgazer

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 08:50 AM

View Postjedie4, on April 15th 2006, 10:07 PM, said:

Um... we're talking about KOTOR cause this is the KOTOR thread..... isn't it?