349 replies to this topic

#341 MightySlugMan

MightySlugMan

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1532 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:42 PM

if you flip back a bunch of pages, you can get it run at any screen resolution by editing a file which is located in the .homeworld folder which is hidden in your root user folder.
"Nothing here but us text"

#342 Dimpfinator

Dimpfinator

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 03:10 PM

Well, Homeworld 2 is out, so is work going to continue? I've been playing HW2 alot...but I think I'd go back to play HW1 again for the story if it had some sound. Good job so far, though.

~Dimpfinator

#343 MastaMind

MastaMind

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 03:24 PM

" Well, Homeworld 2 is out, so is work going to continue? I've been playing HW2 alot...but I think I'd go back to play HW1 again for the story if it had some sound. Good job so far, though. "

Yeah , that would be great!

C'mon, Glenda, just help the guys with the source code to get sound  :wink:

Anyway, thanks for your efforts for this port!

MastaMind

#344 MightySlugMan

MightySlugMan

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1532 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 10:13 PM

i don't think anyone has experienced this yet...  I was playing a quick skirmish game (psyching myself up for when the HW2 patch comes out, so i can play that).  it was a carrier vs carrier skirmish, a quick and messy game.  I was about to move in with all my forces on the puny enemy carrier when *boom*, i get booted back to the main Homeworld menu.  how odd...  I would also like to point out that frigates have trouble exiting the carrier while the carrier is moving, alot of clipping of the carrier when a frigate exits.  Also while the carrier moves, research vessels get booted out of the rear end of a carrier, probably because they're slow...
"Nothing here but us text"

#345 Arenzera

Arenzera

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 03:09 AM

Have you also had a big square on the Sensor screen covering/obscuring a large chunk of the map?

Also, when u click the Credits button, the UI seemingly becomes unresponsive and seems all whacked out.

Kiel :-)

#346 smalldoi

smalldoi

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:11 AM

hey,

i read in these forums somewhere that it was somehow possible to run homeworld in a greater resolution than 1024 x 768.  my putie says it can run up to 1280 x 960 but i can't access it in the homeworld menu.  i was just wondering if there was any way around it, and if so, i could possibly get step-by-step instructions on how to go about it as my computer skills are fickle and much to be desired.......anyone's help would be much appreciated.

also, thanks alot everyone involved with the project.....i've always dug this game and it's good to see it on osx.  

good good
:o

#347 No One

No One

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:37 AM

This should tell you what to do.

If you can't figure out how to get the .homeworld directory open, just open the Terminal and type 'open ~/.homeworld' (no quotes). Then hit return and the window should open. Make sure to edit the reg file with a plain text editor.

#348 smalldoi

smalldoi

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 06:02 AM

sweet, thankyou brother, all is good........

apologies for the ignorance :oops:

#349 Dimpfinator

Dimpfinator

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 01:00 AM

Well, I went and did a few icons for the Homeworld series, so I'll post them here: Booyah. Have fun, and I've been playing HW2. w00t!

~Dimpfinator

#350 LMOP

LMOP

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:20 AM

In case you are interested, MacHomeworld has moved servers. It's had a slight redesign and (finally) has some forums up. This means I can now actually concentrate on the port itself :)