Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6195 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:28 PM

View PostCougar, on 12 September 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

Hackintoshes are a world of hurt. The Xmac will never arrive.

If your 2016 MacBook is fast enough for everything else besides gaming, IMO a gaming PC + MB is the best option. Using the best tools for the job.

Agree completely. I still vastly prefer my Mac for doing work, but the Cook era Apple is the antithesis to being an enabler of Mac gaming that the previous decade was. PC for play (and very CPU and GPU intensive work, hence the beefy CPU and workstation GPU rather than a gaming one), Mac for 90% of other work, productivity tasks, and just general use works out extremely well for me. I've got my PC workstation/gaming dual-use set up, and two workstations with Thunderbolt displays set up for my Mac and I just plug my MacBook Pro into whichever one I'm going to be using at that time and go.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 3.6 GHz i7 9900K / 32GB RAM / 2x2TB Intel 7600p (RAID0), 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN V 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 4TB Samsung 860 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#162 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1639 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:41 PM

View PostFrost, on 13 September 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

Agree completely. I still vastly prefer my Mac for doing work, but the Cook era Apple is the antithesis to being an enabler of Mac gaming that the previous decade was. PC for play (and very CPU and GPU intensive work, hence the beefy CPU and workstation GPU rather than a gaming one), Mac for 90% of other work, productivity tasks, and just general use works out extremely well for me. I've got my PC workstation/gaming dual-use set up, and two workstations with Thunderbolt displays set up for my Mac and I just plug my MacBook Pro into whichever one I'm going to be using at that time and go.

Yeah, I have something similar with a Thunderbolt 3 dock. I share the peripherals + speakers with the PC via a USB switch. Everything connects tp the MBP with one TB3 cable, which I love.

#163 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4334 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:01 AM

View PostFrost, on 13 September 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

Right, I can't be bothered to do any 'work' on my PCs, and I can't be bothered to do any 'play' on my Macs. There is no longer black n white love/hate for macs/pcs with me anymore. I used to be pro-mac all the way or gtfo.... but, naw, not anymore. Viva la diversity. Its the millennial way.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester