• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Eaglee

Eaglee

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:13 PM

Hi

I really need your help ... I really really want to play some dark souls ... i tryed about 20 times install that game on mac.. (PlayOnMac, WineWrapper atc..) but every time i failed... I need step by spep legit tutorial how to instal things on mac becouse im terrible in this.. please help someone.. thanks

ps. sorry for my english

#2 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1313 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:01 PM

You could try this:

http://portingteam.c...-edition-steam/

Also check the site for other wrappers. You will need to read their various directions. You may also need to familiarize yourself with Wineskin which you can find with Google if you have not already. Wineskin is fully documented on its website. Lastly, if you do a search on AppDB at the WineHQ website for any game of interest you can often find helpful information and tips on getting a title to run or sometimes simply learn that it is one that is not going to work.

Hope that helps.

I assume you must be aware of the bootcamp option which is almost certainly going to be a much better way to run any of these three titles with zero compatibility issues (assuming appropriate Windows version installed) and best performance which is quite important with these as I am sure you must know.

EDIT: After a quick check I note the latter two games both require DirectX 11 so you can forget about running them with anything but native Windows or a console. The first game however only requires DirectX 9.0c which would explain the presence of a wrapper at the link I posted above.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game, mac, darksouls, help, wine, bootcamp