3 replies to this topic

#1 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:24 PM

This problem resolved itself without intervention but I wanted to run it by you bit heads to see what you think about it.

My wife tried to access her online email on her late model MacBook Pro using a bookmark both in Safari and Firefox yet each time failed with a "Server not found" error.  So far I would say "Internet congestion", but it gets strange.  

The iPad and the laptop share the same router.  She could access the mail website via her iPad and her iPhone 6 SE.  She could send herself an email using her iPad and then read it on her iPad.  But still she could not connect to the mail websites on the MacBook Pro.  

I don't understand how that could happen unless the iPad was syncing with the iPhone and had the iPhone retrieve the information and transfer it back to the iPad.  Is that possible?  If not what was going on?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#2 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2141 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:15 PM

It sounds like a DNS issue. Depending on the TTL (and the last time the device had queried the address) if there was a DNS issue the iOS devices might have still had the address cached but it had aged out on the Mac.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

Ohhhhhh... Thanks.

You know, I originally posted "square eyed bit heads" but I looked up "square eyed" and it now refers to people who watch a lot of TV.  Back in my day "Square eyes" meant you could read Hollerith cards without a machine decoding it for you.  Yes I am a dinosaur, "Felis Reptilicus Massacreus" to be exact.

Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:20 AM

I included a nude picture of me here to try to get Dirty Harry to leave me alone about it already.

Posted Image
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat