Grab your friends because we've done something a little different here at Four Lights. This is a Tower Defense but its not your dad's tower defense... well it kind of is but I'll explain that in a moment. The first thing you need to know is that Defenders of time is fast so rule #1 is don't stop spending. Don't ever stop spending. Don't worry if you made a mistake you can always resell your towers and get all of your money back. Yeah every cent. Yes that's 100% resell. Yes its a Tower Defense. No that doesn't make the DoT easy. Hold on; stop asking me questions let me explain. Defenders of Time was developed from the ground up as a multi-player game which means:
- As many as 8 players can play 4v4. More importantly only one of you needs to buy the game. everyone else can pitch in for pizza. (WHAT?!)
- Players all have the same abilities except the commander who focuses on balancing defense and offense.
- Players win and lose as a team. There is no MVP so don't be selfish.
- Jimbob42 needs that tower on the right so HELP HIM.
- The game is fast. Use the 'R' key. Shortcuts are your friends... also they will make you popular... and get you dates.
- I'm a huge fan of weird food at odd times.
- There is a lot to do. See fast above and dynamic below.
- DoT is dynamic. You will be destroyed, annihilated, obliterated and humiliated - if you hold onto those green towers as air zips overhead so don't. We already talked about 100% sell.
- Kittens make up half of the internet, Doge makes up the other half, and rule 34 makes up the other other half.
- We've got built in mic support and we've got selective mute. Where do you adjust this you ask? In game. You don't have time to dig through menus. well I don't at any rate.
- Don't forget to draw! Hold shift and move your mouse. Five years from now... Remember you saw it here first.
- We made sharing money easy. Don't panic. Someone might know what to do.
- Co-op only is a thing. Just make a team in custom games and don't populate the other side.
- We've got six insanely repayable multi-player maps right now. That's five more than football has and five more than most mobas have. More are coming soon because the art team wants to explore all of space and time...
- Don't feel bad about bugging Corey. He's our lead tester and he loves talking to you guys. So do I for that matter.
- Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later
- Dual Core Intel Mac
- 3 GB RAM
- 5 GB HD Space
- 512 MB VRAM
- ATI Radeon HD 4670
- NVIDIA GeForce 320M
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- ATI Radeon HD 4670
Defenders of Time is available now for $19.99 (USD).
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News