New 13" and 15" MacBook Pros have been released with a new physical design and updated screen, keyboard, cooling system, and hardware specifications.
For more information visit Apple's MacBook pro site
- Size: Thinner and lighter (3 lb 13", 4 lb 15")
- Keyboard: Touch bar replaces function keys. Uses new butterfly keyboard design, but Apple mentioned during keynote that it has increased key travel
- CPU: Skylake CPUs
- Graphics: Radeon Pro graphics in 15", Iris 540/550 in 13"
- Expansion/Ports: 4x Thunderbolt 3 ports, headphone jack
- RAM: Up to 16 GB 2133 Mhz DDR4 RAM
- Storage: Up to 2 TB PCIe storage. 3.1 GB/s speeds on storage
- Screen: Same resolution, but increased colour quality
- Price: Around $300-$500 more expensive then the previous generation MacBook Pro's (depending on model selected). 2015 13" rMBP is staying around as a 'budget option' for $1300 USD.
- Thinner and lighter design. The new 13" MacBook Pro is the same weight as the old 13" MacBook Air and is thinner in every dimension (length, width, height)
- Significantly faster graphics, specifically in the 13" MacBook Pro
- Thunderbolt 3. The 40Gbps speed of the new port allows for expansion options such as external graphics cards
- Touchbar. OLED multi-touch area replaces function keys, giving added convenience and functionality to many apps