Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4216 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:11 PM

View PostMrUNIMOG, on 29 December 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

Borderlands has always been Unreal Engine though, hasn't it?
Yup, UE 3 for the first three games.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#222 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2855 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:18 PM

My daughter got me a Claptrap Funko Pop for the holidays.

In other news, I finished the main story and am mopping up some side missions and challenges before I intend to put it away for a while.
Zane was rather fun to play, has some good one-liners and an interesting skill tree.
A nice touch: a few new one-liners are added late in the game game, for variety.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#223 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2855 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 08:01 AM

Every time i play this game it's for the last time, but I keep finding "just one more thing" to finish up. While working on one of those I came across a fully functioning roller coaster that I'd somehow overlooked- fun stuff! I've almost reached the level 50 cap, though there are still ways to improve the character afterwards.

If you play this game DON'T make the mistake I did! The game rewards achievements by "emailing" you weapons. For example, after 100 kills with Dahl weapons, Dahl might send you a new gun as a reward. But the email menu is badly designed, easy to miss, and the weapons therefore can be pretty old by the time you remember to fetch them. Even missions that reward you on the spot can also trigger an additional reward by email.

This is also where golden keys end up-- you redeem Shift codes just like in Borderlands 2, but then you will still see 0 keys in-game, until you check your "email".

More detail here: https://www.vgr.com/...3-mail-rewards/
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#224 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4216 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 03 January 2020 - 08:53 AM

And here I thought the BL designers peaked in their 'cluster frak UI design' skills during BL2.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#225 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:03 AM

I appreciate what they were trying to do by integrating in-game rewards into the social menu. Making the manufacture contact you via "mail" thus the world feels more alive. But I forget about it ALL THE TIME because normally you are in the social menu to deal with party grouping not in-game mechanics. I would rather there be a normal inventory location for these in-game related messages and items.

you are just getting started at level 50. Time to grind anointed loot to build the perfect character and work your way up mayhem levels. I see a lot of complaints about less focus on legendaries but honestly it gives it much more freedom to customize your character IMO. In BL2 you ended up grinding for the same legendaries with little regard for character specific boons.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (iMac18,2): i7 @ 3.6 GHz || 16 GB RAM || Radeon Pro 560 || 2TB Micron + 6TB Toshiba
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#226 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2855 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 05:08 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 03 January 2020 - 11:03 AM, said:

you are just getting started at level 50. Time to grind anointed loot to build the perfect character and work your way up mayhem levels.
That's exactly what I'm trying NOT to do. Please don't encourage me. :-)

I do want to beat one of the Torgue arenas though. And to do that I need better gear.. I should just walk away, but Torgue was all, get that weak sh*t outta here, and it got my blood boiling.
www.mindthecube.com

#227 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2855 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:06 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 03 January 2020 - 11:03 AM, said:

you are just getting started at level 50. Time to grind anointed loot to build the perfect character and work your way up mayhem levels.

View PostMatt Diamond, on 03 January 2020 - 05:08 PM, said:

That's exactly what I'm trying NOT to do. Please don't encourage me. :-)

Sigh. Sure enough, now I'm playing mayhem 3. Thanks a lot.

A new patch is downloading now. Here's the official announcement, but the list of bug fixes is very small compared to previous patches (granted, it was the holidays). https://borderlands....otfixes-jan-16/
Notable: Rare drops are boosted for the next two weeks.
www.mindthecube.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Borderlands, Three, Guns Guns Guns