#21 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

Its the november free game grab on uplay (their ubi30 promotion thing, free game each month).

It will open to being free in "mid november".

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#22 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1361 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:10 PM

Assassin's Creed III will be available for free on uPlay on December 7th. How nice!

Gamespot (Kevin VanOrd) video review: http://www.gamespot....w/1900-6399036/
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#23 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:28 PM

Too bad I also already had that one lol... shame it couldn't have been the Freedom Cry sub-expansion-but-not-expansion-standalone-spinoff of AC3.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#24 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:29 AM

I suppose the version offered for free will be the Standard Edition, not the Deluxe will all DLCs included. Anyways, I already have it (the Deluxe).

Frigidman, Freedom Cry is mainly a DLC for AC4 (not 3). But true, there's also a standalone version.

The Battle Cat seemed to like hunting and crafting in Far Cry 3, and AC3 has the same system (these two Ubisoft games were released close to each other, and it shows).

#25 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:42 AM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 01 December 2016 - 01:29 AM, said:

I suppose the version offered for free will be the Standard Edition, not the Deluxe will all DLCs included. Anyways, I already have it (the Deluxe).

Frigidman, Freedom Cry is mainly a DLC for AC4 (not 3). But true, there's also a standalone version.

The Battle Cat seemed to like hunting and crafting in Far Cry 3, and AC3 has the same system (these two Ubisoft games were released close to each other, and it shows).

Yeah, it was a decent AC game... although the lead character was uninspired for me. I felt like' yeah, stupid kid, never grew up, still stupid'... but he had some nice moves and all the other stuff to do was fun. Also if you are a huge american history buff, you may like it, or curse at it because its not accurate... toss up lol!

If I had to compare FC3 and AC3 (or choose for that matter), I would choose FC3... as it seems replayable, whereas AC3 was like, once I got through it and did all the things I could... I wont ever replay it. But thats me...

-Fm [1oM7]

#26 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1361 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:20 AM

For the ultimate in replay value I prefer to simply own more than one copy of good games, such as Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Fortunately, the good folks at Ubisoft are more than happy to help me out here:

Posted Image

So, if anything should happen to my original copy like wearing it out or losing it I am all set with a backup and thanks to the miracle of modern day cloud saves I can burn through as many copies as it takes while never losing progress. See that? uPlay delivers. Does Steam let you have more than one of the same game in your library? No, they don't. Does Origin or Blizzard or Epic or GOG or anybody allow this? No, none of them do. Only uPlay, only Ubisoft provides this essential feature for people who are serious about gaming, so serious they actually wear out digital copies of games they own and need backups.

#27 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:56 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 03 December 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

For the ultimate in replay value I prefer to simply own more than one copy of good games, such as Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Fortunately, the good folks at Ubisoft are more than happy to help me out here:

Posted Image

So, if anything should happen to my original copy like wearing it out or losing it I am all set with a backup and thanks to the miracle of modern day cloud saves I can burn through as many copies as it takes while never losing progress. See that? uPlay delivers. Does Steam let you have more than one of the same game in your library? No, they don't. Does Origin or Blizzard or Epic or GOG or anybody allow this? No, none of them do. Only uPlay, only Ubisoft provides this essential feature for people who are serious about gaming, so serious they actually wear out digital copies of games they own and need backups.

Mine did this too, but its 'hidden'... so now when I LAUNCH Blood Dragon, it asks "which version do you wish to play?" and the two choices are exactly the same thing. But, if I pick the first choice, the game crashes and uplay dies with an error. But if I choose the second one, it launches just fine. LOL!!!

-Fm [1oM7]

#28 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1361 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:58 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 03 December 2016 - 09:56 AM, said:

Mine did this too, but its 'hidden'... so now when I LAUNCH Blood Dragon, it asks "which version do you wish to play?" and the two choices are exactly the same thing. But, if I pick the first choice, the game crashes and uplay dies with an error. But if I choose the second one, it launches just fine. LOL!!!

Well, duh! That is because you just wore out your original copy of the game so of course it crashes! It's a good thing you got a spare now isn't it?

There you have it folks. The Frigidman is demonstrably hard core and actually bleached the bits of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon with his incredible dedication to the game, literally playing a copy of it right into oblivion.

#29 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:08 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 04 December 2016 - 12:58 AM, said:

Well, duh! That is because you just wore out your original copy of the game so of course it crashes! It's a good thing you got a spare now isn't it?

There you have it folks. The Frigidman is demonstrably hard core and actually bleached the bits of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon with his incredible dedication to the game, literally playing a copy of it right into oblivion.

*frantically looks for the hidden easter egg in Oblivion that is a laser breathing blood dragon...*

-Fm [1oM7]

#30 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3709 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:14 PM

I wouldn't breathe laserbeams if I were you.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#31 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17249 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:51 PM

I always thought "laser breath" referred to halitosis.  Just give it a Tic-Tac and you'll be fine.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#32 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3709 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:55 AM

Somehow this is very relevant.
Posted Image

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#33 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:41 AM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 01 December 2016 - 01:29 AM, said:

Yes but trading is completely broken in AC3 and a big POS. I've never seen a trading system so thoroughly frakked up.
The rest of the game is ok, if a bit stale. I found Desmond's frame story much more interesing. Liberarating forts was the biggest fun in this game, for me.
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

8 - iPhone SE, 16GB
7- iPad Pro 12.9", WiFi 128GB
6- MacMini 7,1: i5@2.6GHZ, 8GB, Intel Iris (5100)
5- iPad Air, 16Gb
4- MacBook Pro 8,1:  i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM
3- iPad 2, 16GB
2- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
1- MacBook 1,1, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#34 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:38 AM

View Postmindnoise, on 05 December 2016 - 06:41 AM, said:

Yes but trading is completely broken in AC3 and a big POS. I've never seen a trading system so thoroughly frakked up.
The rest of the game is ok, if a bit stale. I found Desmond's frame story much more interesing. Liberarating forts was the biggest fun in this game, for me.

Trading? You mean the horrible UI to setup convoys to sell popsnizzle you make on your homestead? ... my gud, I want to kill their UI designer so much over that ... seriously... wrangle their necks to pieces while screaming W T F WHERE YOU THINKIN ASSHOLES ?!

-Fm [1oM7]

#35 mindnoise

mindnoise

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Steam ID:Exploding-Bob

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:23 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 05 December 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

Trading? You mean the horrible UI to setup convoys to sell popsnizzle you make on your homestead? ... my gud, I want to kill their UI designer so much over that ... seriously... wrangle their necks to pieces while screaming W T F WHERE YOU THINKIN ASSHOLES ?!

Yes this exactly :)
hey, don´t worry - it´s only red pixels on your hands...

8 - iPhone SE, 16GB
7- iPad Pro 12.9", WiFi 128GB
6- MacMini 7,1: i5@2.6GHZ, 8GB, Intel Iris (5100)
5- iPad Air, 16Gb
4- MacBook Pro 8,1:  i5@2.3GHz, intel HD3000, 8GB RAM
3- iPad 2, 16GB
2- iPod Touch 4G, 8GB
1- MacBook 1,1, 1,83GHz, intel GMA950, 2GB RAM
-> The (nearly) ultimate intel HD 3000 gaming performance sheet <-

#36 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1361 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:25 PM

For anyone that missed any of the games given away:

From December 15th to December 18th, get an additional chance to claim the games featured in the Ubi30 PC giveaway!
If you missed any games, now is your chance to grab them!

So, go visit the site here: https://club.ubisoft.com/en-us/ubi30

#37 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:05 AM

And if you collect all games you'll collect a badge you can proudly display on your Uplay profile. Or not.

#38 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3709 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:53 AM

Thanks, I picked them up. Since they are all Windows, I'll likely never play them, but whatevah. Maaaaybe if I decide to drop Macs and go Windows, due to Cooks end user raping.

Edit: Uh, I can write rape without sensitive american websites pick it up? Sweet! I'll rape you all in Marathon!

#39 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:05 AM

Apparently ubisoft has now 'unhidden' my duplicate Blood Dragon. So I have two in the ubisoft games window.... one is "Download" the other is "Play" ... but they both have the same achieves, unlocks, and rewards listed.

Good luck getting ubisoft to fix it! LOL its gonna be that way ... FOREVER ...

-Fm [1oM7]

#40 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6017 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:35 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 16 December 2016 - 03:53 AM, said:

Thanks, I picked them up. Since they are all Windows, I'll likely never play them, but whatevah. Maaaaybe if I decide to drop Macs and go Windows, due to Cooks end user raping.

Edit: Uh, I can write rape without sensitive american websites pick it up? Sweet! I'll rape you all in Marathon!

You can rape and pillage on here all you like, just don't take a popsnizzle in the corner and we'll get along.
Cypher (PowerMac G5 Quad) – 2x2.5 GHz PPC 970MP / 16GB ECC RAM / 1TB WDC Velociraptor, 2TB STX Constellation ES.2 / QuadroFX 4500 512MB
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 Titanium) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Crucial M550 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.