DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1313 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:39 AM

Say what you will about Ubisoft and Uplay but so far in my experience it is just another client that hasn't caused me any problems here.

So...

I just found out they have started giving away a game each month at least until the end of this year for Windows. The current one is Rayman Origins but if you want it you should probably head to this page without delay as it was the August game but I was able to grab it for free just now today:

https://club.ubisoft.com/en-US/ubi30

This involves having or setting up a Uplay account if you don't already have one from some game you bought on Steam, etc. and downloading their small client to get it. This is a good idea anyway, to have the current client as it often solves problems with Steam games that include older client versions for some reason in their installations.

Next month's game will be available on September 14th and is the racing game, The Crew.

Despite not having time for more games, if it's for free, it's for me so I'll grab them and who knows maybe even play them sometime.

In related news EA's Origin has been slacking on the freebies with Nox still being their free game. Considering Westwood made it I imagine it is probably a pretty good oldie if you don't have that already.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#2 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:32 AM

I was using Uplay last night to play my Chronicles:China game ... and I went into their 'Store' tab ... and saw that the only two games I'm interested in are "SOLD OUT", and clicking on them gives me a 403 error.

Yeah, Uplay is SO AWESOME.

I can understand "Steam" having sold out ubisoft games because they ran out of serials for uplay. But for uplay ITSELF to be sold out, when Steam is NOT??? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL... typical ubisoft fail.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17216 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:41 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 08 September 2016 - 09:32 AM, said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL

Hey, that's the sound Spongebob and Patrick make when they stick their mouth straight up and run their tongues around and around their lips.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual

Posted 08 September 2016 - 01:38 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 08 September 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

I just found out they have started giving away a game each month at least until the end of this year for Windows. The current one is Rayman Origins but if you want it you should probably head to this page without delay as it was the August game but I was able to grab it for free just now today:

Past games were Prince of Persia The Sands of Time (June) and Splinter Cell (July). All these were older games, until The Crew: interesting that they start giving away a recent game (2014). Hopefully they'll give next a recent Assassin's Creed game, that would be great (Unity, looking at you).

Edit: Not sure it's worth of a new topic since most people here must have received the email from Humble Bundle: Tropico 4 is free for 48 h.

#5 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1957 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:30 PM

They have been shopping the crew around a lot lately. It was free on games with live the other month. I think they are trying to get the taste in people's mouth to hopefully make some DLC sales after it tanked pretty hard.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#6 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2407 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:34 AM

This month the offer is for Rayman Origins.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#7 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:57 AM

Beyond Good and Evil will be available free on October 12th. Happy since this one is on my wishlist! :)

#8 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:46 PM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 05 October 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

Beyond Good and Evil will be available free on October 12th. Happy since this one is on my wishlist! :)

Never hoid of eet. I guess I'll just snag it anyhow, I mean, why not? Its free... and not like I run uplay 24/7 to be bothered by more junk in its library (already have a perma-demo which fails to run added that they seem to be 'unable to remove from my account').

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#9 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1313 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:33 AM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 05 October 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

Good deal. If it's for free, it's for me!
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#10 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:34 PM

I've been playing Beyond Good and Evil for a few hours, and that's a good game! Recommended.

#11 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:08 PM

Next up (November 9th) will be Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Already finished it, highly recommended, it's fun!

#12 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:23 PM

Yeah blood dragon is fun. Definitely one tBC would appreciate. tBC be sure to grab that one if you don't have it already! Its full of shoot shoot pew pew and middle finger goodness! On, and silly 80's action cliches.

-Fm [1oM7]

#13 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17216 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:04 AM

I just downloaded Far Cry 3 last night.  I'll keep my eye out for the Blood Dragon expansion.  I got it because it looked like the same sort of game as Just Cause 2 which just started crashing on me regularly becoming unplayable.  How does one go about reinstalling a Steam game?  I'd like to try that but can't find an option for it.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#14 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1957 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:09 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 07 November 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

I just downloaded Far Cry 3 last night.  I'll keep my eye out for the Blood Dragon expansion.  I got it because it looked like the same sort of game as Just Cause 2 which just started crashing on me regularly becoming unplayable.  How does one go about reinstalling a Steam game?  I'd like to try that but can't find an option for it.

If you right click on the game you can have it revalidate the download in the properties window. Every so often a 1 gets flipped to a 0 and bad popsnizzle happens. Fkn computers and their black magic.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#15 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:50 AM

Actually Blood Dragon is a fully stand-alone install/game. You dont NEED to have bought Far Cry 3 for it... but FC3 is a pretty well rounded and fun game by its own, and worth it. I need to pick up FC4 sometime, but I've got such a mess of games right now, I need to hold off.

-Fm [1oM7]

#16 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:05 PM

Yeah, Far Cry 3 is awesome too, in part because of the psychopath villain Vaas (the one on the game cover). I'll pick up Far Cry 4 too, when the price (season pass included) comes down a bit.

#17 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1957 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:08 PM

I wanted a Blood Dragon 2 more than a Far Cry 4. Or far cry Primal. GIVE ME MOAR 80s.

#18 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17216 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:07 PM

Actually I saw Macdude and Frigidman had Far Cry 3, and that's what got me interested in it, that and the high ratings sealed the deal.  And Macdude, I was about your age during the 80's.  You would have loved it.  70's were awesome too.  Don't remember the 60's, but the 50's were so full of national pride.  God, mom and apple pie, the way life was meant to be played, only next time I'd pay more attention to the pie.  I've lost count of what life I am on, doesn't matter because I always play like I'm on the last save.  I want it to be a surprise anyway.  Now I forgot what I was lying about... OH I'll take a look at Dragon blood, thanks for the tip.

Edit:  Holy crap the apocalypse had an apocalypse and nobody told me!!  I have some catching up to do as Sgt. Rex. Power. Colt.  It's time to show midi music who is boss once and for all!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#19 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:33 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 07 November 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

Actually I saw Macdude and Frigidman had Far Cry 3, and that's what got me interested in it, that and the high ratings sealed the deal.  And Macdude, I was about your age during the 80's.  You would have loved it.  70's were awesome too.  Don't remember the 60's, but the 50's were so full of national pride.  God, mom and apple pie, the way life was meant to be played, only next time I'd pay more attention to the pie.  I've lost count of what life I am on, doesn't matter because I always play like I'm on the last save.  I want it to be a surprise anyway.  Now I forgot what I was lying about... OH I'll take a look at Dragon blood, thanks for the tip.

Edit:  Holy crap the apocalypse had an apocalypse and nobody told me!!  I have some catching up to do as Sgt. Rex. Power. Colt.  It's time to show midi music who is boss once and for all!

Haha! Yes, definitely grab the freebie blood dragon. Its up your alley, even down to the one finger salute.

-Fm [1oM7]

#20 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17216 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:39 AM

Freebie?  It's going for $15 on Steam right now.  Link me to the free one!  Er, please... and I won't flip you off.  Deal?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat