5 replies to this topic

#1 jos

jos

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:30 PM

I was just browsing the Mac App Store and I saw Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire has been released. Interestingly the Mac version was released on the same day as the Windows version which is something we don't see that often when it comes to Mac games.

#2 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:56 PM

That is good news.

Welcome jos by the way. :-)
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#3 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3980 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:24 AM

I still have to finish the first one. Some time when I have plenty of time, I'll restart it. I have no idea what the story is about now.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#4 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1547 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:30 AM

Yes, just like the first game. Sometimes there are good things about Unity. Torment, Shadowrun, Wasteland 2...all Unity cRPGs with Mac/Linux/Windows day 1 releases.

Iím loving it so far. Itís Baldurís Gate meets Sid Meierís Pirates. It is so much prettier than PoE and they fixed the awful load times, thank Woedica.

#5 elowel

elowel

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:54 AM

Considering the original was only released in 2015, and they did an expansion (or two?) afterwards, the presentation of this game is amazingly improved on the previous.

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 09 May 2018 - 12:24 AM, said:

I still have to finish the first one. Some time when I have plenty of time, I'll restart it. I have no idea what the story is about now.

There's a nice recap of major plot points from the previous game at the start of this one. Nothing super detailed, but a good rundown of where you are and how you got there.

#6 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1547 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:55 AM

View Postelowel, on 10 May 2018 - 05:54 AM, said:

There's a nice recap of major plot points from the previous game at the start of this one. Nothing super detailed, but a good rundown of where you are and how you got there.

Itís good, but Iíd still recommend finishing 1 first, including the expansion, as your choices carry over on import (though you can select the choices you would have made.)