44 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:25 AM

ZeniMax Online Studios and Bethesda Softworks have announced the launch of The Elder Scrolls Online, the first MMO adaptation of the long running fantasy role playing series. Set a thousand years before the events of Skyrim, the game drops players into a turbulent time as three Alliances struggle for dominance while darker forces move to destroy the world.

The Elder Scrolls Online is the latest chapter of the award-winning franchise – and will bring the legendary experience online for the first time. Whether you play with your friends or adventure alone, the game’s innovative combat system allows you to focus on action and tactics, not the UI. Use any weapon or armor at any time and customize your abilities to play the way you want as you uncover the mysteries of Tamriel and seek heroic quests on your own terms. Explore the far reaches of Skyrim, the mysterious lands of Morrowind, the sprawling metropolis of Daggerfall and beyond. The choices you make, from the alliance you join to the battles you fight, will shape your destiny and the world of Tamriel.

The Elder Scrolls Online is set roughly 1,000 years before the events in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and the coming of the Dragonborn, and just before the rise of Tiber Septim, the first Emperor of Tamriel. Three Alliances have emerged across the continent, each struggling for supremacy over the land. As these great powers battle one another for control of the Imperial City – and with it all of Tamriel – darker forces are moving to destroy the world.

The Elder Scrolls. Online.

After 20 years of best-selling, award-winning fantasy role-playing games, the Elder Scrolls series goes online. Experience this epic adventure on your own or together with your friends, guild mates, and thousands of alliance members. Explore dangerous caves and dungeons, embark upon adventurous quests across Tamriel, and engage in massive player versus player battles, where the victors reap the spoils of war.

Play the Way You Like

With an enhanced Elder Scrolls combat system, engage in real-time targeting and strategic attacks and blocks. Use any weapon or wear any armor at any time, no matter what type of character you play and develop your own style with deep character customization and abilities.

A Connected Game World

With ESO’s Megaserver technology you no longer choose a server, but instead play in one connected world. The game automatically places you with friends, guild mates, people you’ve encountered before, and other like-minded players. Simply jump in and begin your adventure.

Your Quest to Save Tamriel

A stolen soul. An undead army rising. A quest to recover that which is uniquely yours. Explore the hidden secrets of Tamriel at your own pace using the game’s compass to guide you to areas of interest. Save the world from the evil machinations of the Daedric Prince Molag Bal and his henchman, the first necromancer, the Prince of Worms, Mannimarco.

The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition
  • Play as an Imperial
  • Become an Imperial and play in any Alliance. Gain unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear, and more
  • White Imperial Horse - Summon this Imperial mount and journey through Tamriel
  • Mudcrab Vanity Pet - Explore Tamriel with a mudcrab pet scuttling along your side
  • Rings of Mara - Complete the Ritual of Mara with a friend and receive and experience bonus when you play together
Requirements:
  • Mac OS X 10.7 or later
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 60 GB HD Space
  • Video:[list]
  • AMD Radeon HD 6490M
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000

The Elder Scrolls Online is available now for $59.99 (USD), while the Imperial Edition is available for $79.99 (USD).
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

Great game but i will pass for now, too many games, to little time! I hope they lower month fees in the future too.
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13" 2016 i5 2,9Ghz - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 480 4GB
LG 34UM95 Ultrawide Thunderbolt
Steelseries Rival 300, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism, Logitech K811

#3 Nox

Nox

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Steam Name:Uncle Bender

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... I caved. And I'm glad I did. It's fun, and it looks pretty as the night sky in August. Not sure if I'll keep it up after my free 30, but I might. It sure is nice to have Dark Elves in a game instead of techno-babbling muppets, if you take my meaning.
27" iMac, 3.4 GHz Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB, running OS 10.11.3

#4 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2016 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:57 PM

Is anyone playing this now that it is B2P. I bought it on the black friday sale and I'm a big Skyrim fan but didn't want to be tied to a subscription so I never bought it at launch. The performance on OS X is impressive. Well Impressive compared to how most Mac ports seem to perform these days. Even on my old 4870 ON OS X I get solid 40fps on OS X. And it looks good. Like really good. Maybe I'm old and my eyes are bad but it looks damn good and runs good. Which, you know, OS X. Hasn't been a game like this run good in a long time.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#5 TheBunny

TheBunny

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:43 PM

There is a new 64 bit Mac client in early beta testing on the PTS server ( public play test ).
It moves the game to OpenGL 4.1 and should fix long term out of memory issues.

#6 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2016 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:03 AM

View PostTheBunny, on 22 February 2016 - 11:43 PM, said:

There is a new 64 bit Mac client in early beta testing on the PTS server ( public play test ).
It moves the game to OpenGL 4.1 and should fix long term out of memory issues.

Is this the update that is supposed to bring controller support to OS X?
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#7 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3282 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:33 AM

I own it, but I haven't really played much. Had no one to play it with. Pretty fun game though.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: i5 6600K @ 4.6 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 850 Evo M.2 Sata, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#8 TheBunny

TheBunny

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:38 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 23 February 2016 - 07:03 AM, said:

Is this the update that is supposed to bring controller support to OS X?

No.

#9 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2016 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:15 AM

View PostTheBunny, on 23 February 2016 - 11:38 PM, said:

No.

Is that still in the works? The interface switch is there but the actual controller support isn't. A while back on ESO Live I thought they said that for the Mac controller support was tied to the 64-bit client.

#10 TheBunny

TheBunny

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:15 PM

View Postmacdude22, on 24 February 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

Is that still in the works? The interface switch is there but the actual controller support isn't. A while back on ESO Live I thought they said that for the Mac controller support was tied to the 64-bit client.

I am Going to try and start add hid based controller support on monday.

#11 TheBunny

TheBunny

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:11 PM

PS4 game pad support was checked in last night and off to QA.
Took like a day to put in and a day to debug.

Anyhow its looks and feels great so far, have a Playstation style GUI also.

Looks like OSX has no out of the box driver support for 360 controllers.

#12 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2016 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:06 PM

I use this driver for a lot of games on mac.

https://github.com/3...roller/releases

I don't know what magic developers have to do (if any) to make it work but it works in lots of games.

#13 TheBunny

TheBunny

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:52 PM

I will try one thursday... maybe they end up mapping the same in the end.
I do need a easy way to tell the difference between the 2 when plugged in.

#14 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2016 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:08 PM

View PostTheBunny, on 02 March 2016 - 05:52 PM, said:

I will try one thursday... maybe they end up mapping the same in the end.
I do need a easy way to tell the difference between the 2 when plugged in.

Posted Image

#15 TheBunny

TheBunny

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:04 PM

Ok I added 360 controller support... tested with xbox one controller so far.
It used the driver linked above and is hard coded to the default settings.. Not sure how to not to do that actually.

#16 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2016 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:31 AM

View PostTheBunny, on 03 March 2016 - 10:04 PM, said:

Ok I added 360 controller support... tested with xbox one controller so far.
It used the driver linked above and is hard coded to the default settings.. Not sure how to not to do that actually.

Posted Image

#17 tcrown

tcrown

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:59 AM

Thebunny off topic but curious if you know why Bethesda has no interest in Fallout 4 Mac or Doom ports? You, certainly are doing a bang up job on Mac ESO.
Mac mini | 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 | 500GB | 16GB DDR3 | Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

#18 TheBunny

TheBunny

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:15 PM

View Posttcrown, on 05 March 2016 - 07:59 AM, said:

Thebunny off topic but curious if you know why Bethesda has no interest in Fallout 4 Mac or Doom ports? You, certainly are doing a bang up job on Mac ESO.

I can't comment on that.

#19 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2443 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:56 PM

View PostTheBunny, on 05 March 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

I can't comment on that.

Can you comment on why you can't comment?

If not, WHY can't you comment on why you can't comment? Is it that you are unable to comment on why you can't comment? Or is it that you WON'T comment on why you can't comment?

-- Matt

p.s. Or perhaps it's the reverse: you CAN'T comment on why you WON'T comment! Yeah, I bet that's it.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#20 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17348 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:51 PM

View PostTheBunny, on 05 March 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

I can't comment on that.

::A red laser dot appears on The Bunnies forehead jiggling slightly, then rests steady::

::the Battle Cat spontaneously pounces on the laser dot the instant it settles as if it were prey::

Oh Geez Bunny, sorry man.  It's a compulsion of mine.  Got that from my dad's side of the family.  Matt, knock that off, it was funny the first few times but now it's getting old.  Now give me your laser pointer.  Right now young man.  Now...  one, two, thr... OK thank you.  ::bites it in two::
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat