• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kibbles616

kibbles616

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Steam Name:MidriffKibbles

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

I have looked at MANY videos on youtube.. I cannot get any mods installed except for the timber mod. I have also tried asking on other forums, and their solution was "get a windows"-.-
I need someone to be able to Skype me and show me or make the files for me and just tell me where to put them...
The Tekkit Launcher lags my computer so much its pathetic... I'm not sure why that is as well. I have been told to use it through that as well. These mods would also need to be on a server ran by Hamachi... If anyone can please help let me know ASAP... /:

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8087 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:02 AM

Since you are a bit vague what specifically you tried, it's somewhat difficult to give you tips.

I think one of the problems you encountered that the way mods are installed in Minecraft had changed after version 1.6.2 and there are many outdated guides out there. Many Minecraft mods use specific APIs, mostly Forge. This is pretty much up to date guide how to install Forge and Forge enabled mods. Other constantly updated guides can be found here.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 kibbles616

kibbles616

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Steam Name:MidriffKibbles

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:03 AM

Tutorials do not help me... I need personal help... I learn a different way, but once I'm shown 1 on 1 I can do it by myself from there on out. and I also need it for a server.../:

#4 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8087 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:17 AM

View Postkibbles616, on 07 February 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

and I also need it for a server.../:
The Minecraft wiki page also covers server mods further down. Anyway, I don't think I could provide you with personal help over the internet. Maybe someone else here can.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#5 radiantspark13

radiantspark13

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:42 AM

You might want to consider using a feed the beast or tekkit based modpack instead of assembling your own if your going to be running it as a server.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minecraft, mods, mac, help