3 replies to this topic

#1 macmanZ

macmanZ

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:30 AM

I just got an oronoco wireless card from ebay, it works with my computer using airport software.  Only one problem, the card is physically too big to put into my computer with the case closed.  Does anyone know of an adapter that goes from 68 pin male to 68 pin female.  Optimally with wire in between, :D, so that I could aim the card away from the case while having it plugged into the pcmcia slot for the airport card.

Thanks for any help

#2 iPod_man

iPod_man

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 05:11 AM

can you post a pic of the PCMIA card? i think you have to physically take off the built on antenna so it will fit.

#3 clocknova

clocknova

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1000 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 11:02 AM

Let me know how this turned out.  I'd really like to do that same thing.  I just can't stomach paying $75-$90 for an Airport card when $20 will do the same thing.  The problem is finding a card that will: a) Work with the Airport software, and b) Either fit in the Airport slot or have an antenna that can be removed and have a port underneath that will connect to the internal antenna of the Mac.
There they were, sitting in the van with all those dials, and the cat was dead.
-V. Marchetti, CIA

#4 macmanZ

macmanZ

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:58 AM

Well, I bought an Oronoco Gold wireless card off of ebay, I found the parts and in a jameco catolouge I think, and was going to splice 40 pin ide to make a a two row 34 wire.

Instead I put the card into my ibook, sitting under the keyboard after removing the plastic case.  Works fine, and switched it's airport card into my tower.  Sorry I wasn't able to find an adapter to help you out as well, though the belkin usb adapter works pretty well if you don't want to spend 90.