ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Steam Name:ipickert55
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:59 PM

Wasn't one of their old CEOs the guy who used to run Zynga and before that Microsoft as well? The one who was in charge of Microsoft when they decided to proudly state that you had to be online always to use the xbox one?
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

#22 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8474 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:33 AM

View Postipickert55, on 05 October 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

Wasn't one of their old CEOs the guy who used to run Zynga and before that Microsoft as well? The one who was in charge of Microsoft when they decided to proudly state that you had to be online always to use the xbox one?
The current CEO was formerly at Zynga. He never worked for Microsoft, though.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#23 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Steam Name:ipickert55
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:34 AM

My bad I was thinking of Don Mattrick, he only worked at Zynga never Telltale.
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

#24 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Steam Name:Camper-Hunter
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:57 AM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 02 October 2018 - 01:24 PM, said:

I've just started playing Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.

And I've finished it. Twice, since there are two rather different endings (plus a lot of variations, these I watched on Youtube). I'd say it's one of Telltale's best works, they really nailed the concept.

#25 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 05:23 PM

Telltale Games is being revived

Hopefully some of their games will be distributed again, while waiting for new ones.

#26 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4167 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:31 AM

Good, then I might be able to get the Borderlands one.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#27 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4398 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:22 AM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 28 August 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

Telltale Games is being revived

Hopefully some of their games will be distributed again, while waiting for new ones.

Hopefully they dont go back to that retarded custom-serial-key system they were doing.... which I believe is the #1 factor for their initial demise.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#28 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1677 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:58 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 29 August 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

Hopefully they dont go back to that retarded custom-serial-key system they were doing.... which I believe is the #1 factor for their initial demise.

Huh? They probably sold most of their games though Steam.

They failed because of poor management, stagnant gameplay,  and expensive licenses they failed to utilize.

#29 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:36 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 29 August 2019 - 05:31 AM, said:

Good, then I might be able to get the Borderlands one.

FWIW, you can still find keys for Tales from the Borderlands on grey market sites at reasonable prices (from 8 €).

#30 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4398 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:46 AM

View PostCougar, on 29 August 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

Huh? They probably sold most of their games though Steam.

They failed because of poor management, stagnant gameplay,  and expensive licenses they failed to utilize.

No no, this was when they forced all the non-steam retailers to dish out those "Telltale Keys"... which only worked on the telltale site and downloader. Which they had a screwy way of finding a Steam key (but wasnt garunteed). This move pissed off most customers on MGS/WGS who were expecting steam keys. We saw a massive drop in sales when they went to those Telltale Keys method.

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 29 August 2019 - 08:36 AM, said:

FWIW, you can still find keys for Tales from the Borderlands on grey market sites at reasonable prices (from 8 €).

Or if you dont like supporting gray-market ;-) ... MGS has some keys left (higher cost, doubt a sale will ever happen though):

https://www.macgames...he-Borderlands/

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#31 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1677 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:15 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 29 August 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

No no, this was when they forced all the non-steam retailers to dish out those "Telltale Keys"... which only worked on the telltale site and downloader. Which they had a screwy way of finding a Steam key (but wasnt garunteed). This move pissed off most customers on MGS/WGS who were expecting steam keys. We saw a massive drop in sales when they went to those Telltale Keys method.

...and those buyers probably went to Steam directly. That’s what I did. I doubt that’s what killed the company.

#32 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 4167 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 29 August 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

Or if you dont like supporting gray-market ;-) ... MGS has some keys left (higher cost, doubt a sale will ever happen though):

https://www.macgames...he-Borderlands/
Uh I wonder why I hadn't wishlisted that already. But no, considering how little I enjoyed Jurassic Park and Back to the Future, I am not paying that price for it.. even being Borderlands and getting good reviews and all... but thanks! Wishlisted now. :)

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#33 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8474 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:40 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 29 August 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Uh I wonder why I hadn't wishlisted that already. But no, considering how little I enjoyed Jurassic Park and Back to the Future, I am not paying that price for it.. even being Borderlands and getting good reviews and all... but thanks! Wishlisted now. :)
Tales of the Borderlands is definitely far better than Jurassic Park and BttF. Not much of a game (as usual), but excellent writing.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#34 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1677 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:41 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 29 August 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Borderlands is way better than either of those...probably my second favorite Telltale game. Though  I did like Back to the Future.

The more I am reading about this “revival” the less enthused I am. Not really a revival, more like other completely different people bought the brand, with some vague promises of hiring some of the old devs

#35 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 4167 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:50 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 29 August 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

Tales of the Borderlands is definitely far better than Jurassic Park and BttF. Not much of a game (as usual), but excellent writing.
Also why I am picking it up. Borderlands 2 had some crazy good writing at times (When it didn't go WAY too far down the bad black humor drain), and I was hoping for more of it. Also, Moxxi. :P