macdude22's Content

There have been 135 items by macdude22 (Search limited from 19-October 17)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#449078 Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch News

Posted by macdude22 on 20 May 2018 - 12:11 PM in Off-Topic

View PostMatt Diamond, on 19 May 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

I agree. There is NOTHING like playing a good game of Starcraft or Civilization on a console platform!

Literally, nothing like it!

Civilization Revolution was the best Civ game so 100% agree.

#447864 Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch News

Posted by macdude22 on 12 January 2018 - 10:42 AM in Off-Topic

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 12 January 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

I love my Xbox One but...

https://www.destruct...es-481877.phtml

Wow. You'd think that something would have been learned from all the outrage and even lost revenue (Star Wars Battlefront II?) during the previous year of the loot boxes but NO!

It's gonna be so awesome getting drops later on that speed up purchased downloads, grant exclusive DLC, make your games start faster and more! I am so excited about 2018! This is going to be amazing.

The way I read this is they will be rewards for playing games you're already playing, no? No money required? Not sure where all the hate is coming from.

#449048 What Mac games did you recently finish?

Posted by macdude22 on 11 May 2018 - 02:33 PM in General

Avernum 3, might go back for a second pass soon.

#449050 What Mac games did you recently finish?

Posted by macdude22 on 12 May 2018 - 04:06 PM in General

I might grab it on iPad though so I can sit on the couch and play. My daughter likes to watch "the cats" fight but my leg falls asleep when she sits on my lap in the office chair so long.

#447781 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 06 January 2018 - 04:11 PM in General

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 06 January 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

And you should know the Claptrap character is by far the worst one to play in the trilogy.  His random action skill usually hurts you and your co-op buddies during a fight.

tBC looooooooooooooves when I play clappy. It reminds him of the time he got the clap back in '71.

#446917 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 23 October 2017 - 10:33 AM in General

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 23 October 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

The original I believe.

Ya, i'm not paying the definitive version and by casual search it added 4k textures and didn't fix any of the bugs.

#446292 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 16 August 2017 - 01:21 PM in General

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 16 August 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

I've been playing Saint's Row: the Third co-op with the criminally insane.  I seem to fit right in.  This is a pretty stupid fun too, but on the practical side I own lots of crack and ho houses now and it brings in some cash of which I donate part to the widows and orphans I create.  Got to remember to kill all the widows and orphans next time.

AoM is a spin off of the saints row series but I don't want to spoil any more before you get to it in saints row.

#446940 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 24 October 2017 - 01:50 PM in General

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 24 October 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

Mac Dead Island might fare better, I was playing the PC version.

You would think it might be better until you see it was ported by virtual programming. Then you would drink yourself to sleep.

#448498 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 16 March 2018 - 06:51 AM in General

When I was a kid playing Realmz I always thought it was neat Tim Phillips basically lived right up the road. Then Scott Adams ended up basically across the street and thats how I got signed copies of Adventureland.

Who's this wierdo asking for me to sign floppy disks......act naturally maybe he won't kill me >_>

#446285 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 16 August 2017 - 07:56 AM in General

Agents of Mayhem
Agents of Mayhem
Agents of Mayhem
Agents of Mayhem
Agents of Mayhem

It's stupid fun. You know FUN, like we used to like games to be. Yes it's dumb, immature, and obnoxious. And buckets of stupid fun.

#449304 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 12 June 2018 - 01:49 PM in General

I vaguely recall it looking worse than FA-18 Hornet but it playing a lot better when I was a kid. Played it a lot more than Hornet anyway.

#448986 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 06 May 2018 - 12:29 PM in General

I have been trying to whittle down the few games in my 360 backlog that are not available for Backwards Compatibility. I had been trying to choke down Final Fantasy XIII but wow its not good. I like the battle system well enough but the story and the on rails gameplay were just terrible. I found myself falling asleep every time snow had another diatribe about how he's gunner save everyone. I gave it 15 hours, which was probably 10 hours too much. So checked that trilogy off my list and moved onto Kingdoms of Amalur. Holy crap, now that's fun. It's kind of like WoW and and Elder Scrolls game had an offline baby. Fast fun combat, interesting loot, crafting that doesn't require a PhD. Already more hours into it than FFXIII and loving it. I regret not giving this some attention when it was released.

#449298 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 12 June 2018 - 06:54 AM in General

Chuck Yeager's Air Combat4life

#449307 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 12 June 2018 - 02:58 PM in General

This would have been v1 or maybe 2, I don't remember. It would have been fall/winter 95-96 when I played them the most and the inter web says 3.0 came out in 97.

#448811 What are you currently listening to

Posted by macdude22 on 20 April 2018 - 10:56 AM in Off-Topic

https://hysteria51.com

#448365 Weird mail server problem

Posted by macdude22 on 28 February 2018 - 03:15 PM in Mac OS Related

It sounds like a DNS issue. Depending on the TTL (and the last time the device had queried the address) if there was a DNS issue the iOS devices might have still had the address cached but it had aged out on the Mac.

#448327 Vulkan Officially Released - No Mac Support

Posted by macdude22 on 26 February 2018 - 11:38 AM in IMG News Discussion

Maybe there will be more uptake if developers get easy portability to macOS by using vulkan.

cuz nobody really cares about linux.

Or linux folk don’t care to buy games at any rate.

#448329 Vulkan Officially Released - No Mac Support

Posted by macdude22 on 26 February 2018 - 12:08 PM in IMG News Discussion

View Postjeannot, on 26 February 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

So Dota 2 runs faster with Vulkan code translated to Metal than with openGL code? It'd go even faster with native Metal code.
Seriously, I don't see anyone beside Valve using this translation layer for macOS games, but I'd be interested in hearing Feral's take on this.

I could see it being useful for code weavers if the uptake was better. But according to wikipedia there's only a couple dozen vulkan games anyway. I think the best case scenario is more developers use vulkan now that it can be relatively portable to a platform full of hungry paying customers.

#448324 Vulkan Officially Released - No Mac Support

Posted by macdude22 on 26 February 2018 - 10:40 AM in IMG News Discussion

vulkan to metal translation layer sounds nice but is anyone using vulkan over directX 12?

The usual porting houses feral and aspyr are already adept at natively porting directX to metal and the major engines like Unreal4 already support metal so I’m not sure who this is for unless there is more uptake in vulkan than I realized.

#447235 Virtual Programming's Upcoming Projects

Posted by macdude22 on 15 November 2017 - 02:55 PM in General

They have some in-house wrapper that seems appreciably worse than wine and cider. I have seen VPltd do good work but not for many years. The Kult port worked great at the time. Spec Ops: The Line ran fine. But mostly I get a sour taste when I see VP.

Dead Island I'll kind of give a pass because the windows version is a barely functional mess, wrap it up for macOS. What could go wrong.

#449230 The Last Jedi [SPOILERS GALORE]

Posted by macdude22 on 03 June 2018 - 01:52 PM in Off-Topic

Birdemic is :thumbsup:

#449235 The Last Jedi [SPOILERS GALORE]

Posted by macdude22 on 04 June 2018 - 06:50 AM in Off-Topic

View PostTetsuya, on 03 June 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

Basically my thoughts on the movie as well.  Its.. a movie.  You could have changed the names and made it into any other generic sci-fi movie.  Its not horrible, its not great.  

Star Wars isn't sci-fi.

#448239 The Last Jedi [SPOILERS GALORE]

Posted by macdude22 on 18 February 2018 - 09:46 AM in Off-Topic

Saw some pew pew and swish swish, got a few laughs. A wild Laura Dern appeared. 8/10.

#449184 Steam Link coming to iOS and tvOS

Posted by macdude22 on 29 May 2018 - 02:20 PM in General

I don't know a single adult with kids that cares about streaming games. There's a niche but it's not big. Big enough to justify some investment from Valve and Nvidia maybe, but its small potatoes. There's a select few folks here that are really passionate about streaming tech, and that's great but it's nowhere near mainstream and I don't see it becoming mainstream. Your average joe wants to plop down and play a tapper or Halo or Mario. Shield TVs and Steam Links are absolutely edge cases, I don't see those winds changing anytime soon.

#449148 Steam Link coming to iOS and tvOS

Posted by macdude22 on 25 May 2018 - 06:56 AM in General

Do it. list em. I brought coffee.

Posted Image