macdude22's Content

There have been 135 items by macdude22 (Search limited from 17-August 17)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#449226 Feral's upcoming project?

Posted by macdude22 on 03 June 2018 - 10:25 AM in General

Or ports of the older Final Fantasy Titles, III, VII, XI, etc.... They should run great on almost any mac.

#447547 Feral's upcoming project?

Posted by macdude22 on 13 December 2017 - 07:12 PM in General

I have madcatz c.t.r.l.i that works fine. A little chintzy but great for Final Fantasy and Sanic.

#446285 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 16 August 2017 - 07:56 AM in General

Agents of Mayhem
Agents of Mayhem
Agents of Mayhem
Agents of Mayhem
Agents of Mayhem

It's stupid fun. You know FUN, like we used to like games to be. Yes it's dumb, immature, and obnoxious. And buckets of stupid fun.

#447781 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 06 January 2018 - 04:11 PM in General

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 06 January 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

And you should know the Claptrap character is by far the worst one to play in the trilogy.  His random action skill usually hurts you and your co-op buddies during a fight.

tBC looooooooooooooves when I play clappy. It reminds him of the time he got the clap back in '71.

#448986 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 06 May 2018 - 12:29 PM in General

I have been trying to whittle down the few games in my 360 backlog that are not available for Backwards Compatibility. I had been trying to choke down Final Fantasy XIII but wow its not good. I like the battle system well enough but the story and the on rails gameplay were just terrible. I found myself falling asleep every time snow had another diatribe about how he's gunner save everyone. I gave it 15 hours, which was probably 10 hours too much. So checked that trilogy off my list and moved onto Kingdoms of Amalur. Holy crap, now that's fun. It's kind of like WoW and and Elder Scrolls game had an offline baby. Fast fun combat, interesting loot, crafting that doesn't require a PhD. Already more hours into it than FFXIII and loving it. I regret not giving this some attention when it was released.

#449298 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 12 June 2018 - 06:54 AM in General

Chuck Yeager's Air Combat4life

#449307 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 12 June 2018 - 02:58 PM in General

This would have been v1 or maybe 2, I don't remember. It would have been fall/winter 95-96 when I played them the most and the inter web says 3.0 came out in 97.

#449304 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 12 June 2018 - 01:49 PM in General

I vaguely recall it looking worse than FA-18 Hornet but it playing a lot better when I was a kid. Played it a lot more than Hornet anyway.

#448498 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 16 March 2018 - 06:51 AM in General

When I was a kid playing Realmz I always thought it was neat Tim Phillips basically lived right up the road. Then Scott Adams ended up basically across the street and thats how I got signed copies of Adventureland.

Who's this wierdo asking for me to sign floppy disks......act naturally maybe he won't kill me >_>

#446940 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 24 October 2017 - 01:50 PM in General

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 24 October 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

Mac Dead Island might fare better, I was playing the PC version.

You would think it might be better until you see it was ported by virtual programming. Then you would drink yourself to sleep.

#446917 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 23 October 2017 - 10:33 AM in General

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 23 October 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

The original I believe.

Ya, i'm not paying the definitive version and by casual search it added 4k textures and didn't fix any of the bugs.

#446292 What games are people playing these days!?

Posted by macdude22 on 16 August 2017 - 01:21 PM in General

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 16 August 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

I've been playing Saint's Row: the Third co-op with the criminally insane.  I seem to fit right in.  This is a pretty stupid fun too, but on the practical side I own lots of crack and ho houses now and it brings in some cash of which I donate part to the widows and orphans I create.  Got to remember to kill all the widows and orphans next time.

AoM is a spin off of the saints row series but I don't want to spoil any more before you get to it in saints row.

#446361 Diablo III

Posted by macdude22 on 22 August 2017 - 09:43 AM in Mac Adventure, RPG & MMOs

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 22 August 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

Thread necromancy!

A nice excerpt from an upcomming book, on how Blizzard dealt with Diablo 3's lackluster release and how they fixed it. I enjoyed reading it.

Speaking of which; They state that it is actually more fun playing Diablo 3 on a console, then with a mouse and keyboard. *Gasp* I couldn't imagine that. Is it true?

I've always enjoyed ARPGs on console. D3, Torchlight, Sacred 2. It is super smooth to kite around with twin sticks.

#449473 Answer questions for the Feral newsletter!

Posted by macdude22 on 23 July 2018 - 10:06 AM in General

View PostMatt Diamond, on 23 July 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

So: the Mac gaming community I know best is made up of fellow old-timers who recognized that there was something special about Mac gaming, spent their precious time and money on it, and shared the ups and downs with me.

I'd like to meet this community, can you direct me to their location.

#447283 Answer questions for the Feral newsletter!

Posted by macdude22 on 20 November 2017 - 08:57 AM in General

I've been a Mac/Console man since the beginning of time. I did have a brief foray into the Windows world but every minute spent dealing crashing games and out of date drivers is a minute i'm not gaming so I went back to Mac/Console. I generally prefer most games with a controller anyway, outside of strategy games.

#447292 Answer questions for the Feral newsletter!

Posted by macdude22 on 20 November 2017 - 06:43 PM in General

Also I gotta give one up for MS, the Better Together update for Minecraft is �� I can play with my kids on my iPad while they play on the Xbox (and soon switch!)

#447997 Answer questions for the Feral newsletter!

Posted by macdude22 on 23 January 2018 - 07:44 AM in General

Games we want you to port?

ELEX. I've long had a soft spot for the quirky, yet engrossing games of Piranha Bytes. I originally played the Risen series on 360 and then went back and played some of the Gothic games via WINE. It sounds kind of like a hot mess but I can't help but pine for the medieval steampunk nonsense of ELEX on my Mac.

#447864 Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch News

Posted by macdude22 on 12 January 2018 - 10:42 AM in Off-Topic

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 12 January 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

I love my Xbox One but...

https://www.destruct...es-481877.phtml

Wow. You'd think that something would have been learned from all the outrage and even lost revenue (Star Wars Battlefront II?) during the previous year of the loot boxes but NO!

It's gonna be so awesome getting drops later on that speed up purchased downloads, grant exclusive DLC, make your games start faster and more! I am so excited about 2018! This is going to be amazing.

The way I read this is they will be rewards for playing games you're already playing, no? No money required? Not sure where all the hate is coming from.

#449078 Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch News

Posted by macdude22 on 20 May 2018 - 12:11 PM in Off-Topic

View PostMatt Diamond, on 19 May 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

I agree. There is NOTHING like playing a good game of Starcraft or Civilization on a console platform!

Literally, nothing like it!

Civilization Revolution was the best Civ game so 100% agree.

#446482 Borderlands 2 strategy, tips, rants

Posted by macdude22 on 05 September 2017 - 10:02 AM in Mac Action & Shooters

Colonial Marines 2, cool.

#448925 Elite: Dangerous

Posted by macdude22 on 27 April 2018 - 11:52 AM in Mac Simulators

Ya it sucks I gave those honkey's money for a game they stopped functionally supporting 3 days later. Was really disappointed with the half hearted Macintosh support from the get go but I stupidly gave them money thinking they would have a real go at it. Runs great on Xbox at least but I have been very disappointed with Frontier's handling of this over the last couple of years.

#448960 Elite: Dangerous

Posted by macdude22 on 02 May 2018 - 09:58 PM in Mac Simulators

View PostUmarOMC1, on 02 May 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

I'm sure they were looking for any reason to stop supporting macOS without wanting to word it as incompetence.

I'd hardly call what they churned out starting to support macOS. They cranked out a POC and never supported it. It should have been a free beta at best.

Spoiler: Overwatch sucks, blizzard did us Mac folk a favor by not tainting our platform with that turd.

#448771 Apple CPUs to Replace Intel in Macs?

Posted by macdude22 on 17 April 2018 - 10:14 AM in Mac Hardware

View PostSpike, on 17 April 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

a large percentage want bootcamp.

I doubt that is true. True of certain demographics of Macintosh users, sure. As a whole, not really.

#448828 Apple CPUs to Replace Intel in Macs?

Posted by macdude22 on 22 April 2018 - 07:34 PM in Mac Hardware

Anyone who thinks Apple doesn't have macOS running on ARM right now isn't paying attention.

https://opensource.a...570.1.46/osfmk/

A full fledged A-series Mac, hard to say if it ever sees the light of day but Apple's had an affinity for RISC since the beginning of time. Including being one of the original investors in ARM.

Folks here are letting their long histories with Apple and personal experience impact their view of the market. The average lululemon hunbot at Starbucks on a Mac is not doing highend editing and would be just as happy if their clamshell machine was running on Apple designed processors. Heck they probably wouldn't notice if the iPad versions of these apps were dropped in verbatim.

Until Apple does $thing it's all speculation but in my experience most of the arguments against an ARM based Mac laid out in this thread are not huge concerns for Apple. Would they affect me, absolutely. The majority of Apple customers, ehhhhhh.

#448785 Apple CPUs to Replace Intel in Macs?

Posted by macdude22 on 18 April 2018 - 03:27 PM in Mac Hardware

View PostSneaky Snake, on 18 April 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

iOS will finally be in a place where its target market won't just be able to use it as a computer but will prefer using it as a computer.

Guess what. This is your average consumer. Apple's bread and butter. The ARM Mac/iOSputer will come in the next 5 years because it will be a better, more convenient, device for the majority of Apple's customers. The organization I work for has over 10,000 iOS devices and under 2000 Macs. We use iOS devices for everything. Communication. Patient Access. General day to day office work. Sure we have researchers that still need powerful desktop workstations. The majority do not.

We power users from the 90s are not Apple's bread and butter anymore. They don't need to make us 9600s and style writers. Even me, the 90s power user, just uses his iPad 80% of my personal time.