Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:12 AM

View PostAuron, on January 23rd 2006, 05:29 PM, said:

That's two games. Missing out on two games, good as they are, doesn't really qualify as a major crisis. How do I think that does for Battlefront 2's chances? I think its still a very good possibility.

Take the games that use Gamespy support, but not on the Mac and then add the H word issue and you might have a crisis. I continue to say that Mac gaming in the last couple of years has been the best its ever been but for many Mac gamers the missed titles represents a major source of frustration.

-Hunt'n

#142 Auron

Auron

Billowing Smokestack of BS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3365 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:56 AM

View PostHuntn, on January 24th 2006, 09:12 AM, said:

Take the games that use Gamespy support, but not on the Mac and then add the H word issue and you might have a crisis. I continue to say that Mac gaming in the last couple of years has been the best its ever been but for many Mac gamers the missed titles represents a major source of frustration.

-Hunt'n

Agreed, but I'd say for just as large an amount, the missed games aren't missed at all. I'm not saying Mac gaming is in tip top shape, but I'm saying is its not at the point were installing windows on your intel Mac should be a joy.

#143 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:20 AM

View PostAuron, on January 24th 2006, 08:56 AM, said:

Agreed, but I'd say for just as large an amount, the missed games aren't missed at all. I'm not saying Mac gaming is in tip top shape, but I'm saying is its not at the point were installing windows on your intel Mac should be a joy.

Publications like MacAddict add to the frenzy as in the Feb06 p17, where a blurb titles Intel101 discusses VT- Virtualization Technology and says that Intel is designing hardware based VT for implementation in its upcoming processor lines which (quote) you could independently boot and runs, say, Mac OSX, Windows XP, and Linux. Instead of running on top of the MacOS as Virtual PC does, the article implies that hardware implementation of VT would be an integrated process with improved performance. They do say that the ability to dual boot will be decided more by Apple marketing than by Intel engineering.

-Hunt'n