#61 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8474 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:24 PM

Totally forgot: Underworld Ascendant has its Mac version by now. Not that anyone cares...

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#62 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2824 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 30 August 2019 - 07:34 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 29 August 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

Totally forgot: Underworld Ascendant has its Mac version by now. Not that anyone cares...
If there's a sequel they should name it Underworld Descendent.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#63 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2824 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 04:41 PM

Descent: Underground - went out with a whimper. Started off well, with alpha builds and regular video updates. But they seemed a bit too giddy with scope creep and Star Citizen-like promises. Eventually a new publisher stepped in and tried to rein back the scope, but rumors say they demanded console versions and didn't contribute promised resources. Regardless, we've heard nothing from the developers for months and I'll be shocked if we ever do.

Overload: that team has also largely disbanded, but that was after successfully delivering the single player game, and a pretty good multiplayer as well. It's disappointing that it didn't sell better, but the game was delivered and I played the heck out of it for a while.

My Time at Portia: successful PC and console releases, followed by patches. The Mac version was held up supposedly for performance problems, but they aren't really responding to questions about it or other missing kickstarter rewards. Add in the Catalina transition and I expect they've pulled the plug on the Mac version. For some reason I'm madder about this one than D:U., possibly because I has accurately judged D:U to be risky.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#64 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 07:57 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 03 October 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

My Time at Portia: successful PC and console releases, followed by patches. The Mac version was held up supposedly for performance problems, but they aren't really responding to questions about it or other missing kickstarter rewards. Add in the Catalina transition and I expect they've pulled the plug on the Mac version. For some reason I'm madder about this one than D:U., possibly because I has accurately judged D:U to be risky.

Too bad if true. I was looking forward to that.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#65 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2824 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 06:34 AM

View Postnick68k, on 03 October 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

Too bad if true. I was looking forward to that.

I may be wrong. They seem swamped-- the console versions lag PC and have needed multiple patches. Things may settle down. But I wouldn't put money on the Mac version at this point.. Whereas I did put money on it earlier :-)
www.mindthecube.com