Swift like ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 03:57 PM

...__... ...__...      
(  )(  )

/

VB VB?  Uh, ok, whatever makes you happy.

#42 G4Jedi

G4Jedi

American Idiot

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1621 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 04:14 PM

I actually found Battlefront on the Xbox amusing. Granted only 2 players against or with bots, no Xbox Live available when I played it. It's alright I suppose, and wouldn't mind it being ported to the Mac if it ever does. Just to note, I f**king hated the Battle of Hoth being the Rebels, it's almost impossible to grapple with the dumb little gliders against AT-ATs and everything the Empire's got, it's almost better to go it on foot and try to take one down with your hand weapon. You get absolutely no other mechanized vehicles. UT2004 is still the best in my opinion though.

I liked JKII, but after I upgraded my machine I absolutely could not play it with the lightsaber for more than 2 minutes before it made me sick and dizzy, it runs suberb and butter smooth, I'm just not used to it I guess.

#43 X-Wing_Alliance

X-Wing_Alliance

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:32 AM

Battlefront is like clone wars - the lock on thing makes it much easier... especially being a rebel sniper...

#44 xaphongod

xaphongod

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:00 AM

<p align=left>
Eh, sorry about that, I ate some silica gel from a binocular pack, and my boss was like "SHUT THE f**k UP YOU (censored) PAKI! AND TURN THAT DAMN THING DOWN!!!! I paid 80 for that Roland Cube-15.
</p>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<p align=left>
My secretary is really hot..... good thing I'm a nerd so I'm not married! Hey, look at me, I made more that one sentence.........aaaaa I can't keep going.... ..  ...............
</p>

Before I make some sarcastic comment, I would like to say: KOTOR rules, get that.

And as for you... well, I suggest sucking on a live wire next time you have n urge to make a post like that... just a suggestion.

#45 electricdawn

electricdawn

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:39 AM

Do you know about this:
http://darkforces.jediknight.net/

The only question is, how will this work on mac ?
I mean, I dont even know how to make the extra bonus level work in Jedi Academy!

W

Very easy, the demo works perfectly on my Mac. You actually have to dump the files in the Jedi Knight folder in the Applications Support folder in the Libray folder in your home folder.

~/Library/Applications Support/JKII(?) can't remember exactly.

Hope that helps.

Greetings, Andreas.

#46 X-Wing_Alliance

X-Wing_Alliance

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:07 AM

Very easy, the demo works perfectly on my Mac. You actually have to dump the files in the Jedi Knight folder in the Applications Support folder in the Libray folder in your home folder.

~/Library/Applications Support/JKII(?) can't remember exactly.

Hope that helps.

Greetings, Andreas.

cool - i hate mods with .bat executable files.... grrrrr

#47 Stretch

Stretch

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:07 AM

It is a shame that Battlefront isn't currently available for Mac, but I recently tried an extremely well done mod for UT 2004 called UT 2004 Troopers.

Back when I was writing for the games industry I covered the beta version for Modsquad, but its come quite a long way, featuring the beauty of the UT 2004 engine with authentic rebel vs. imperial action. Recently, tie-fighters, x-wings and even speeder bikes (which i actually prefer to the ones found in Battlefront) where added. It has a very tight-well integrated feel that seems better put together than Battlefront.

Sadly, not many servers are active right now. I also believe that there's a compatability issue with the latest UT 2004 mac patch and most recent version of UT 2004. It'll most likely be addressed soon though - definitely a must see for star-wars/mac users.

http://www.ut2003troopers.com/

#48 shazza

shazza

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 01:29 AM

Have to vote for Knights of the Old Republic.

I have spent hours playing this game, and am really enjoying it.  It plays great on a G5 Dual 1.8 (with 2.5GB RAM, Radeo 9800 Pro Mac SE, and 23" ACD).  BUT - it also plays well on a 1.33 GHz 12" PowerBook.  The graphics aren't as stunning, and the combat scenes are a bit stop and go - but it doesn't detract from the game.

FWIW, Given the decent performance on the PB, I think it would play quite well on the new iMac G5...