Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3646 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:21 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 07 January 2017 - 01:29 AM, said:

A new freebie is available via the Origin client...

Mass Effect 2

This seems to come with all the DLC too I noticed when installing it.
Thanks. The ME series is one of my all time favorite 'want to play' things. Now I just need the first one, and an OS to run the second one. :P I was kinda hoping they would release a re-master for a modern console, and then I would likely just pick up that.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#22 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7941 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:03 PM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 07 January 2017 - 03:10 AM, said:

That's what I dislike on Origin: the DLCs are never on sale and you can only buy them from Origin directly... (unless someone knows how to get them cheaper, in which case I'd be glad for the tip!)
At least for newer games (e.g. the recent Battlefield games, Battlefront, or Titanfall 1), Amazon occasionally has deals on the Origin codes for the games' season passes. You usually can also buy Origin codes for individual DLCs from Amazon, but I don't think I ever seen these on sale.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#23 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:56 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 08 January 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

Well, on a bright note if you wish list Dungeon Keeper on GOG you can get it for a song in a future sale I'm sure. It's cheap to begin with although it should be at this point.

Heh, turns out I already have it on GOG, I had forgotten, so no big loss to not also have it on Origin! Probably a freebie I got some time ago on GOG (otherwise it's $6, not that cheap for a 1997 game).

Correct me if I am wrong but I think they do ultimately release at least in some cases, complete GoTY editions of various titles but maybe they don't do this universally. As far as I know, Dragon Age Inquisition can be bought complete with all DLC now.

You're right, I didn't know but there's indeed DA Inquisition GOTY. And there's the older DA Origins Ultimate (basically a GOTY), I have that one. But nothing for DA II, nor for the Mass Effect games, alas...