Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2350 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 February 2020 - 12:29 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 31 January 2020 - 02:23 AM, said:

Farming Simulator 19 on Epic store, for all your SimFarm memories to spring up again (I used to just buy orange fields, which always earned a butt load of money, and then sandbox play it). Win only.

Strawberry fields are the best you son of a bitch. But yea this game is pretty ace.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (iMac18,2): i7 @ 3.6 GHz || 16 GB RAM || Radeon Pro 560 || 2TB Micron + 6TB Toshiba
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#182 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8556 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 04 February 2020 - 01:50 PM

The Lords of Midnight and the sequel Doomdark's Revenge are free on GOG for Mac and Windows.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#183 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4312 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 07 February 2020 - 03:44 AM

Board gaming galore - The two excellent board games Ticket to Rideand Carcassone (Both Win only) free on Epic store. Pandemic should also have been available, but that has mysteriously disappeared from the store...
"They're everywhere!" -BOB

#184 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1782 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:48 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 07 February 2020 - 03:44 AM, said:

Board gaming galore - The two excellent board games Ticket to Rideand Carcassone (Both Win only) free on Epic store. Pandemic should also have been available, but that has mysteriously disappeared from the store...

A good time to mention that the Mac/iOS version of Carcassonne by Coding Monkeys is going away at the end of the month, so if you're interested grab it now. Online will be supported as long as they can.

It's too bad, it's the best board game implementation on iOS by far.

#185 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 4312 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:16 AM

Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Win only) and Aztez free on Epic store. No idea what the latter is about, since I can't see neither video or images on epics crap store. :P

#186 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2945 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:05 AM

Aztez is a unique hybrid of beat 'em up and turn-based strategy, set in the world of the Aztec Empire. Highly technical, real-time, beat-em-up combat events resolve ongoing conflicts in your expanding empire.

Super Mario Brawl but the fighters are drawn like Aztec hieroglyphics. And a wargame's map.. Neither of these are genres I usually play, so I should be extremely bad at this game. But I'm itching to try it for some reason.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#187 RGoulder

RGoulder

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:25 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 14 February 2020 - 02:16 AM, said:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Win only) and Aztez free on Epic store. No idea what the latter is about, since I can't see neither video or images on epics crap store. :P

Ahhh, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, a game I narrowly avoided backing way, way, back when they announced in their kickstarter that they would be supporting both a Linux and a Mac version. And kept saying after a playable alpha had been released for the pc that access for to it on other platforms would be coming later. Then came to the conclusion that cryengine had no real support for either platform and sort of cancelled both the Linux and Mac version altogether. :no: Yeah I'm not bitter about that. Nope, not at all... :crybaby:

They did at least offer full refunds for those affected. But yeah...

But at the low, low price of free, maybe I'll give it a whirl.

#188 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1782 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 11:32 AM

View PostRGoulder, on 14 February 2020 - 10:25 AM, said:

Ahhh, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, a game I narrowly avoided backing way, way, back when they announced in their kickstarter that they would be supporting both a Linux and a Mac version. And kept saying after a playable alpha had been released for the pc that access for to it on other platforms would be coming later. Then came to the conclusion that cryengine had no real support for either platform and sort of cancelled both the Linux and Mac version altogether. :no: Yeah I'm not bitter about that. Nope, not at all... :crybaby:

They did at least offer full refunds for those affected. But yeah...

But at the low, low price of free, maybe I'll give it a whirl.

Woah, I had no idea this was planning to come to the Mac. Too bad.

I just dumped 130 hours into this game (playing on Hardcore with no fast travel) so if you have any questions, let me know. Obviously I enjoyed it a lot, but it comes with its fair share of frustrations. I couldn't enjoy it at all without a save-anywhere mod. The game strives for the "realism" side of things, so combat can be frustrating, especially at the beginning. You're essentially helpless, even against mr random bandit, until you train a lot to level up, which means a lot of wacking at your trainer with a wooden sword.

The DLC is skippable except for "A Woman's Lot," which was one of the best parts of the game for me.

#189 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 4312 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:13 AM

Another week, another round of Epic free stuff. They sure are posting money into this game for the long run. But, likely only about 1% of what money Fortnite is printing for them..

Available later today:
Faeria, which looks pretty nice IMHO.
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - Quite a big one! Did they have manage to hammer out all those billion bugs the game had at launch?

...I think I now have all the major Assassin's Creed games, except the first one and Odyssey, all for free due to give outs over the years, which is nice! ...Except I don't run Windows, so I can't play them.. :( But it is an excellent excuse to try out Geforce Now!

#190 Tibur

Tibur

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:48 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 04 February 2020 - 12:29 AM, said:

Strawberry fields are the best you son of a bitch. But yea this game is pretty ace.
"Strawberry fields forever" was sitting right there. I am disappoint.

#191 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2945 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:34 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 20 February 2020 - 02:13 AM, said:

Faeria, which looks pretty nice IMHO.
Mac system requirements are listed, but when I clicked to buy it: "This game not supported on your platform"
I sent a note to support, just in case its a simple mistake they can fix. (Maybe the Mac version is coming soon?)
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#192 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Steam Name:Camper-Hunter
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:56 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 20 February 2020 - 02:13 AM, said:

...I think I now have all the major Assassin's Creed games, except the first one and Odyssey, all for free due to give outs over the years, which is nice!

You even got Origins for free?

I guess you lack the DLCs of all these games though, they usually only give away the standard edition.

#193 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1782 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:04 AM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 21 February 2020 - 07:56 AM, said:

I guess you lack the DLCs of all these games though, they usually only give away the standard edition.

I don’t think Origins was ever free, but it was in a humble monthly.

I got Odyssey free from Google’s Stadia beta test.

#194 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 4312 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 12:57 PM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 21 February 2020 - 07:56 AM, said:

Whops, also missing Origins! And yes, missing all the DLC.. :)

#195 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2945 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:43 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 20 February 2020 - 09:34 PM, said:

Mac system requirements [for Faeria] are listed, but when I clicked to buy it: "This game not supported on your platform"
I sent a note to support, just in case its a simple mistake they can fix.
FYI support got back to me, wanted some Mac diagnostics but in the meantime the issue had gotten fixed on their server. So Epic Launcher and the store now agree that Faeria is Mac compatible. I installed it and played a quick round.

Base game is still free until Feb 27 (tomorrow).
www.mindthecube.com

#196 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 4312 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:15 PM

Another week, another Epics: Inner Space is free.

#197 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 4312 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:49 PM

Offworld Trading Company & GoNNER free on Epic. Win only.

#198 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1648 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:38 PM

Epic Game Store: Anodyne 2, A Short Hike and Mutazione. All macOS compatible.
macOS 10.15.x/3.5GHZ 8-Core Xeon W-3223 2019 MacPro/48GB RAM/PowerColor RedDevil 5700XT

macOS 10.15.x/3.7GHz i7-8700K Hackintosh/64GB RAM/Gigabyte RADEON VII
(my 'world of hurt' that my kids built in a day & is easier to maintain than Windows)

macOS 10.14.x/3.33GHz Xeon W3580 cMacPro (5,1 flash)/64GB RAM/PowerColor RedDevil RX580

#199 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 4312 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 03:09 AM

The Stanley Parable and Watch Dogs free on Epic. Win only.

#200 Tibur

Tibur

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 04:13 PM

Tomb Raider free on Steam. I can't remember how to make the link just the title, but here's the link.

https://store.steamp...60/Tomb_Raider/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mac, games, free