218 replies to this topic

#201 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2769 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:28 PM

Got Axton up to level 41-ish, did many of the DLCs with him including Fight for Sanctuary.

FfS was quite entertaining despite the meh bad guy. Mostly the right level of difficulty. The side missions I did were entertaining. Got some wicked weapons out of it. Well worth the time.

Not completely happy with one aspect of the story though:
Spoiler

www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#202 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8428 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:44 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 10 July 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

Not completely happy with one aspect of the story though:
Spoiler
Spoiler

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#203 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2769 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:08 AM

(Maybe add a note that your spoiler contains possible BL3 spoilers as well as BL2? I didn't mind, but some might.)

So that explains where they were going a bit better. Good insights, but then my complaint boils down to
Spoiler
Anyway still enjoyable, just not their best writing. Hopefully it's because they had their best writers working on BL3. :-)
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#204 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8428 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:00 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 11 July 2019 - 05:08 AM, said:

(Maybe add a note that your spoiler contains possible BL3 spoilers as well as BL2? I didn't mind, but some might.)
Nothing I wrote about BL3 is really a secret. It's either in the trailers, mentioned in official promo material, or has been shown in official previews. In the gameplay reveal stream, Gearbox for instance showed large parts of the beginning the of the game and the later hub area, so we know who will turn up in the game. The rest is just putting two and two together.

So that explains where they were going a bit better. Good insights, but then my complaint boils down to
Spoiler
Anyway still enjoyable, just not their best writing. Hopefully it's because they had their best writers working on BL3. :-)
Yeah, there were a couple of weak parts. The final mission from Vaughn for instance also was rather meh.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#205 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2769 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:14 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 11 July 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

Nothing I wrote about BL3 is really a secret. It's either in the trailers, mentioned in official promo material, or has been shown in official previews.
Agreed, not secret. But those story reveals were presented to people who specifically want lots of detail. A casual viewer of a BL3 trailer might not want to know everything that the fan community has managed to assemble so far from all available sources.

Like I said, it didn't bother me much, but if I'd known the amount of detail in there I would have skipped it. I suggest labeling it "mild BL3 spoilers based on what we've learned from previews" or something.

I admit it's a grey area. Feel free to ignore the suggestion if you still disagree.

Moving on..
www.mindthecube.com

#206 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:24 AM

Aspyr updated the Mac App Store version of Borderlands 2 to version 1.8.5 also with the option to use Ultra HD Textures.

It now also offers the 'Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary' DLC for $14.99/16,99€.

#207 Homy

Homy

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:45 AM

Hi guys! I just started playing Borderlands 2 and discovered that the map M looks awful. It's very blurry with low res, specially when zoomed in. I'm in Southern Shelf in the beginning. I have an iMac 2011 with Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB and the game itself looks good with high settings. I have the same settings in BL1 and the map there looks sharp even when zoomed in. I haven't tried the Ultra HD textures and shouldn't have to. I changed the video settings and verified the game's cache in Steam with no difference. I have the latest version of BL2, 1.8.5. I googled a lot but can't find anything about the map display quality. My next step is to contact Aspyr. Btw, how do I attach a screenshot here from my HDD? The image button requires a url and I get different error messages when I paste the screenshot??

#208 Homy

Homy

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:29 PM

View PostHomy, on 15 August 2019 - 02:45 AM, said:

Hi guys! I just started playing Borderlands 2 and discovered that the map M looks awful. It's very blurry with low res, specially when zoomed in. I'm in Southern Shelf in the beginning. I have an iMac 2011 with Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB and the game itself looks good with high settings. I have the same settings in BL1 and the map there looks sharp even when zoomed in. I haven't tried the Ultra HD textures and shouldn't have to. I changed the video settings and verified the game's cache in Steam with no difference. I have the latest version of BL2, 1.8.5. I googled a lot but can't find anything about the map display quality. My next step is to contact Aspyr. Btw, how do I attach a screenshot here from my HDD? The image button requires a url and I get different error messages when I paste the screenshot??

Aspyr has now replied that is how the map looks when zoomed in. I haven't seen anything like this in the pc version (or BL1 Mac) and am surprised that they haven't done anything about it in the Mac version. It looks terrible as mentioned.

Aspyr Joe (Aspyr Support)

Aug 19, 1:33 PM CDT

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to Aspyr Support.

Apologies for any confusion, this is the way the map is intended to look. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We will go ahead and close out this ticket. If you run into anymore issues or have any additional questions, please open up a new ticket with us at support.aspyr.com

Have a great day!

Aspyr Support

#209 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8428 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:32 PM

View PostHomy, on 19 August 2019 - 01:29 PM, said:

Aspyr has now replied that is how the map looks when zoomed in. I haven't seen anything like this in the pc version (or BL1 Mac) and am surprised that they haven't done anything about it in the Mac version. It looks terrible as mentioned.

Do you have a screenshot?
Ah, sorry, I forgot you asked about that:

Btw, how do I attach a screenshot here from my HDD? The image button requires a url and I get different error messages when I paste the screenshot??
Upload your screenshot to an imagehoster like imgur, then use the link you get there to post the picture here.

#210 Homy

Homy

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:34 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 19 August 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

Do you have a screenshot?
Ah, sorry, I forgot you asked about that:

Upload your screenshot to an imagehoster like imgur, then use the link you get there to post the picture here.

Here it is.

#211 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Steam Name:Camper-Hunter
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:28 AM

I checked in the PC version, ultra textures installed, and it's indeed blurry at higher zoom levels.

#212 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4108 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:49 AM

Looks completely normal to me.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#213 Homy

Homy

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:16 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 20 August 2019 - 01:49 AM, said:

Looks completely normal to me.

Then you should take a look at how it looks in BL1. The map there looks crisp, even zoomed in. Here is a screenshot from my BL1 on the same iMac.

#214 ozzy

ozzy

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Steam Name:ozzy

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:35 AM

I've never played on PC, and it's probably been 8 years or so since I played BL1, but that screenshot of BL2 you posted looks normal to me and like what I always see in the map in BL2

#215 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 4108 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:56 PM

View PostHomy, on 20 August 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

Then you should take a look at how it looks in BL1. The map there looks crisp, even zoomed in. Here is a screenshot from my BL1 on the same iMac.
I was thinking of replaying BL1 soon, in preparation of BL3, so I will try to keep this post in mind for when I do it!

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#216 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8428 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:20 PM

View PostHomy, on 20 August 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

The blurriness of the BL2 map is indeed normal, also on other platforms. They changed the look somewhat between the games.

#217 Homy

Homy

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:10 PM

View Postozzy, on 20 August 2019 - 11:35 AM, said:

I've never played on PC, and it's probably been 8 years or so since I played BL1, but that screenshot of BL2 you posted looks normal to me and like what I always see in the map in BL2

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 20 August 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

I was thinking of replaying BL1 soon, in preparation of BL3, so I will try to keep this post in mind for when I do it!

View PostJanichsan, on 20 August 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

The blurriness of the BL2 map is indeed normal, also on other platforms. They changed the look somewhat between the games.

Then I guess it has always looked like that but since I've never played BL2 before and went directly from BL1 to BL2 I noticed the huge difference immediately. It's very disturbing for the eyes if you want to look up details like the locations of the chests one can find in tutorials. As a photographer I hate when objects are out of focus. :)

#218 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 4108 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:34 AM

View PostHomy, on 20 August 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

Then I guess it has always looked like that but since I've never played BL2 before and went directly from BL1 to BL2 I noticed the huge difference immediately. It's very disturbing for the eyes if you want to look up details like the locations of the chests one can find in tutorials. As a photographer I hate when objects are out of focus. :)
Well, given the average age in here, people might not have noticed if the map was more blurry or not... It was just, normal blurry!

#219 Homy

Homy

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:47 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 21 August 2019 - 06:34 AM, said:

Well, given the average age in here, people might not have noticed if the map was more blurry or not... It was just, normal blurry!

Hahaha, I'm an old gamer myself. Well if you look at the images above on your cellphone they actually look normal, I noticed. On a big monitor it's a different story. :)