ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Steam Name:Triton
  • Steam ID:triton98

Posted 05 October 2018 - 03:04 PM

On the store pages of games you can now choose from the different versions of the game without having to go hunting for them. As someone with severe anxiety about having the bestest and most complete version of a game this is a godsend, I can't tell how many countless times I've bought a version and then regretted not looking a little harder for the version I would've liked more. I would obviously prefer that companies just stop releasing 4 different versions of their game but this is still alright.
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

My GOG name is ipickert55, feel free to add me!

#2 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3978 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 06 October 2018 - 12:50 AM

Agreed! It is SO annoying having to go through the descriptions, and fine the small prints that details what the different editions are!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#3 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Steam Name:Triton
  • Steam ID:triton98

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:03 AM

There are some games that I literally won't touch because there are too many versions and I'm just not sure what to buy (Spellforce Series is the first one that comes to mind but there are a few others), and it sucks because GOG used to be pretty solid about having one definitive version but I suppose that only applied to old games. Thankfully this is a step in a good direction.
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

My GOG name is ipickert55, feel free to add me!

#4 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3978 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:01 AM

MGS is also quite bad in that respect. Would it really be so hard to write "Get everything in the regular edition (Link), but also the following: blahblah".
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#5 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:13 AM

*cough*Borderlands*cough*
You must gather your party before venturing forth.