Encodya - A new "Pay what you want" adventure game.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tacohead

Tacohead

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 07:56 AM

Stumbled into this via a YouTube demo today.

From the site:

"The sweetness and creativity of Studio Ghibli in a Blade Runner alike setting, with the humor and game style of Monkey Island…
Those are the ingredients that inspired ENCODYA, an indie point’n’click adventure game under development, set in a dystopian cyberpunk world"

You can download a demo right now. Poked around a bit and it's pretty nice if you like this sort of game.

https://chaosmonger.itch.io/encodya

You can send a few bucks to the developers to help fund further development if you wish.

--PN
27" iMac I7 (late 2013), 3.2 mhz, 16 gigs of RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB, Mac OS 10.13.2
iPad Air 2 64GB WiFi/iPhone 6+ 64GB

#2 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2833 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:47 AM

Just watched the gameplay video. Looks interesting! Didn't get a Ghibli vibe from it frankly, but they've done some nice work on the scenes and characters.  (Also I'm not a fan of the pixel hunting on dark screens, but its not clear how much the puzzles will actually rely on that.)

The D.O.T.T. floppy disk made me smile.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#3 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 05 July 2019 - 11:50 AM

It's a beautiful game. Love the comedy cyberpunk vibe. I donated 5 $ on itch.io to the good cause, hope they can finish it. :-)
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe