What games are people playing these days!?

• Please log in to reply
1886 replies to this topic

#1881 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2769 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:02 PM

I played Asylum and City on Mac, both very good. When I got a free (after rebate) XBox 360 I played Arkham Origins too. Origins is a lot like City, but it had been a few years so I was happy to play it.

It's a pity Arkham Kinght had so many problems (leading to the Mac port being cancelled). I was looking forward to it.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#1882 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4323 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:19 PM

I played all those batmans, and honestly I cannot tell you which one was better or what did what or was about, because they all seemed exactly the same to me.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#1883 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4108 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:40 AM

Finished up yesterday, 5/5 score from me. My only but was that you didnt exactly go head to head in fighting with the main boss.

My SO came in and told me she was going to bed at 11pm, and I replied I would be there shortly, as the game had just finished. ...She came back again at 12:30am to ask when I was comming to bed. I had only meant to pick up a FEW collectibles after finishing! “A few” turned into ~75, and now I only lack the final 2, and then I will call the game finished. No interest in the challenges so far. Are they good though?

Edit: My only real issue with the game is that I played through everything with Detective Mode on, so I lost out on a lot of the nice atmosphere, which I think is a real pity. But with the color palette used, it would be way too easy to miss all the things I needed to interact with otherwise. Did they do something different for the following games?
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#1884 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4323 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:03 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 15 August 2019 - 02:40 AM, said:

Finished up yesterday, 5/5 score from me. My only but was that you didnt exactly go head to head in fighting with the main boss.

My SO came in and told me she was going to bed at 11pm, and I replied I would be there shortly, as the game had just finished. ...She came back again at 12:30am to ask when I was comming to bed. I had only meant to pick up a FEW collectibles after finishing! “A few” turned into ~75, and now I only lack the final 2, and then I will call the game finished. No interest in the challenges so far. Are they good though?

Edit: My only real issue with the game is that I played through everything with Detective Mode on, so I lost out on a lot of the nice atmosphere, which I think is a real pity. But with the color palette used, it would be way too easy to miss all the things I needed to interact with otherwise. Did they do something different for the following games?

Right, games that have a mode that makes things easier to find things, tend to then suffer from 'tunnel vision'. Much like games that put a minimap in the corner showing 'everything' on it... one begins to just play the game staring at the minimap and never really seeing the beauty that could otherwise be right in front of you.

As for the challenges... I found them sadistic and annoying. Some were so downright painful because of how 'controls' worked (or were wishywashy) on some things. Like, trying to fly a batarang through a obstacle course, when the mouse control response was popsnizzle at best.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#1885 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4108 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:53 AM

Thanks, I will skip them then. Have plenty other games to play. :)
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#1886 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4323 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:48 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 16 August 2019 - 01:53 AM, said:

Thanks, I will skip them then. Have plenty other games to play. :)

They are good when you have a hankering for a "Beat em up" game though, so keep them in mind. I found a couple years between made them less annoying ;) They were basically my 'fix' for wanting more games like Sleeping Dogs.

-Fm [1oM7]

#1887 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1541 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:55 PM

Trying to hit my 32-bit bucket list. Just finished Doom 3 again, working on BioShock Infinite
macOS 10.14.x/3.7GHz i7-8700K Hackintosh/64GB RAM/Gigabyte RADEON VII