Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3844 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:43 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 12 January 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

You know, I've never played WoW.  I keep hearing stories like you guys are telling, basically that you tend to regret spending so much time on it even though you were very engaged at the time you did.  Over the years, even from the beginning, people have fired warning shots across my bow and I've taken heed.  I have too much of a problem with addictive playing not to.
You missed out on something, and I do recommend you try it when they relaunch vanilla. I never reached the end game, but took my time exploring and having fun, and I still remember it as one of the best gaming experiences I've had. Mind you, this is based on vanilla and the first two expansions. I tried again with one of the recent expansions, after they made it kiddy-friendly, where you gain a level every time you look at an enemy and more or less the only stat you have is your gender, and that wasn't very interesting. So I am definitely looking forward to WOW Classic.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#42 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17480 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:49 AM

Right now I'm playing Fallout 4 every spare minute of my time, including minutes I don't have to spare, so my game addiction is being well fed at the moment.  But I will take your advice if I ever start Wow and play the vanilla version you are recommending.  Thanks for the tip.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat