#1 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3304 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:18 AM

Is it possible to move the news and reviews forums further up (possible even above the general forum)? I feel like they both offer some of the most on-topic and relevant content to mac gaming, but their depth on the forum page really lowers their potential views.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#2 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:32 AM

Are you totally crazy?!?!  I would have to move every single character of every single post in that entire set of forums over the course of a dozen years!!  Do you realize the pyramid building scope and complexity of such a gigantic project as that?  IT'S PURE INSANITY I TELL YOU MAN!!!

EDIT:  Oh wait, never mind.  Just fixed a really really really really strong cup of joe and jabbering like a chipmunk knocked it out in an all nighter with my devoted moderator team doing a lot of heavy lifting.  Man you owe us big time.  Big time.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#3 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:45 AM

I cleaned up the holding bin. I'd say delete it, but the pimpbot is still lurking in the shadows still... so hold onto it until I delete it.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

I was about 5 minutes from sending you a PM about just that.  I thought the Pimpbot was gone already, is there any chance the writers could still use that or was that the thing keeping you from doing a relatively simple update?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#5 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

You can't hold a good PimpBot down.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#6 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

The pimpbot won't work, or, I should say, won't be of any use to anyone who is not posting News to the (now defunct) IMG News section. Since all news should be directly created forum topics, the pimpbot will simply sit idle. However it 'looks at' that holding bin forum for what it does. But since it wont be doing anything anymore (or it shouldnt be), the question of keeping that empty holding bin forum around is questionable.

Now, Writers can USE the holding bin itself. It should not conflict with anything, or break anything. I had just kept it off limits because in the event the bot went crazy, I would needed to know what was bot made vs human.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:27 PM

We already have a writers queue, the IMG Writers Forum.  So let me know when you pull the plug on the Pimpbot, I'll delete the Holding Bin.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat