#241 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4335 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:53 AM

I love it when theres bugs and issue complaints on a game, and after you work through their post, they mention they have an AMD card... and then ALL is clear why they are having so much issues trying to run a game halfway decent.

I laugh.
Hug my nvidia card.
I laugh more.

Its a real shame people get suckered into buying AMD, but I guess there needs to be 'some' sort of competition of sales to drive nvidia to continue to be the best of everything.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#242 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2264 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:33 AM

Spoiler: Nvidia still sucks.
IMG Discord Server | | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (iMac18,2): i7 @ 3.6 GHz || 16 GB RAM || Radeon Pro 560 || 2TB Micron + 6TB Toshiba
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#243 jeannot

jeannot

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 11:48 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 09 April 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

I love it when theres bugs and issue complaints on a game, and after you work through their post, they mention they have an AMD card... and then ALL is clear why they are having so much issues trying to run a game halfway decent.

I laugh.
Hug my nvidia card.
I laugh more.

Its a real shame people get suckered into buying AMD, but I guess there needs to be 'some' sort of competition of sales to drive nvidia to continue to be the best of everything.
I'm not sure where you've been for the past couple of years, but whenever a recent Mac game is said to be unsupported on certain GPUs, they're not from AMD. And it's funny you post that in a thread discussing a game that's not supported on nVidia GPUs (many Metal games aren't).

#244 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1543 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 01:53 AM

Just an update of the BlOps3 online—playing during the day you'll definitely be getting some solid gaming in…middle of the night (late night, East Coast time for reference), it's a ghost town. It's fun, still very fluid, I'm convinced there's a cheater or two but some of these guys have been on for the last few years and I'm not the best.
macOS 10.14.x/3.7GHz i7-8700K Hackintosh/64GB RAM/Gigabyte RADEON VII
(my 'world of hurt' that my kids built in a day & is easier to maintain than Windows)

#245 jeannot

jeannot

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:19 AM

About Civ VI Metal support:
https://itunes.apple...123795278?mt=12

What’s New
Version History
Apr 4, 2019 Version 1.2.1
- Metal support for 10.14.3 and later
- Game improvements and balance changes
- Various bug fixes

https://support.aspy...tion-VI-Mac-FAQ (updated April 11 2019)

Q: Does Civ VI Mac support Metal?
A: Civilization VI Mac does not currently support Metal.
:huh:

#246 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8440 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:48 AM

View Postjeannot, on 20 April 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

About Civ VI Metal support:
https://itunes.apple...123795278?mt=12

https://support.aspy...tion-VI-Mac-FAQ (updated April 11 2019)

:huh:
There's also a 64-bit update for Civ V, which is neither mentioned on their webpage, nor available on Steam.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#247 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:04 AM

The Aspyr Blog is kind of dead too...
The Civilization V & VI updates are mentioned on the Mac App Store pages though...

Would be great if Aspyr would disclose which games will get updated for 64-bit.

#248 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8440 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:37 PM

Well, one thing's for sure: Aspyr's upcoming projects do not include the sequel to Layers of Fear, even though they published both the original game and the follow up Observer from Bloober Team.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#249 Boland

Boland

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:06 PM

They're currently hiring for macOS/iOS engineers.

https://www.aspyr.com/careers

Outside of publishing indie games, it seems they may be done with Linux AAA porting.

#250 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:27 AM

Aspyr updated their website and their logo.

#251 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4335 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:01 AM

View PostMr Pink, on 05 August 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

God thats horrible.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#252 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8440 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:06 AM

View PostMr Pink, on 05 August 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

:bleedingeyes:

Some interesting observations: among the "biggest brands" with which they have success are still the logos for Bioshock Infinite, Doom (3), and Rollercoaster Tycoon (all no longer on sale), and among the platforms they support are the Epic Games Store and Google Stadia.

#253 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4131 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:29 AM

Interesting. Games are no longer their main thing.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#254 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2785 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:29 AM

Why isn't the consumer-facing Games page the landing page? Seems like they need business partners more than they need gamers.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#255 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1640 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:11 PM

What an ugly website. So much wasted space.

View PostJanichsan, on 05 August 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

:bleedingeyes:

Some interesting observations: among the "biggest brands" with which they have success are still the logos for Bioshock Infinite, Doom (3), and Rollercoaster Tycoon (all no longer on sale), and among the platforms they support are the Epic Games Store and Google Stadia.

I took that banner to mean, "look at all the big names we've worked with, we're legit so please work with us!" so it doesn't matter if they're currently on sale or not.

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 05 August 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

They are hiring a combat designer, though, which is interesting. AFAIK they've never developed games themselves. It's all been ports or publishing.

Anyway, the lack of activity from Aspyr has made me feel like they've been on the precipice of going out of business, but if they invested in a pointless rebrand and are hiring, they must be OK.

#256 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8440 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:25 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 05 August 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

As the first thing you see is a game on an iPhone, I guess you meant Mac games?

View PostCougar, on 05 August 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

Anyway, the lack of activity from Aspyr has made me feel like they've been on the precipice of going out of business, but if they invested in a pointless rebrand and are hiring, they must be OK.
They have been fairly active in the last time, but most of the things they have been working on weren't notable Mac ports. Instead, they published a number of indie games on all kind of platforms (Layers of Fear, InnerSpace, Observer, Torn, Next Up Hero, etc.).

Developing an own game is something new, though.

#257 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4131 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:37 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 05 August 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

As the first thing you see is a game on an iPhone, I guess you meant Mac games?
Yes, but the focus isn't the game, it is the platform. If you click to the side, you'll see a Playstation, and then an iPad.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#258 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Steam Name:Camper-Hunter
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:14 AM

View PostCougar, on 05 August 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

Or it's their last ditch attempt of survival.

#259 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Steam Name:Camper-Hunter
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:27 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 05 August 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

and among the platforms they support are the Epic Games Store and Google Stadia.

Well, they basically listed all platforms out there. Listing Epic Games is a joke though, how hard can it be to get a game on the EGS? How different would it be from Steam (except there's fewer things you can implement, like no achievements) or Windows in general? Do they hope that'll help with getting one of these exclusives Epic is so fond of, and the related large chunk of money?

Also I'd be weary of a small company claiming expertise on all these very different platforms. Me thinks this translates to: if we happen to get a new project on this platform we barely know, we'll scramble to hire a contractor for the job.

Anyways, I hope I'm being overly cynical and that the company's running fine! :)

#260 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8440 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:37 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 06 August 2019 - 12:37 AM, said:

Yes, but the focus isn't the game, it is the platform. If you click to the side, you'll see a Playstation, and then an iPad.
The PS4 (and the Xbox One and the Switch) is somewhere in the background of a monitor prominently showing InnerSpace and the iPad(s) are displaying huge screenshots of KotOR. So I would say the truth is somewhere between what you and I said and it shows games on different platforms.

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 06 August 2019 - 01:27 AM, said:

Listing Epic Games is a joke though, how hard can it be to get a game on the EGS?
Harder than getting a game on Steam, as the Epic actually carefully selects the game they sell on the EGS (to rub it into Valve's face and force customers to use their platform to get the exclusive titles). :P

Anyway, I found that interesting because it made me wonder whether there will be any (third-party) Mac ports on the EGS in the future. So far, there weren't any, probably because the EGS does not have any revenue sharing scheme for different platform distributors like Steam has.

Also I'd be weary of a small company claiming expertise on all these very different platforms.
It's not just claimed expertise, it's proven one: they have successfully published games on all of these platforms (save the EGS - which is just Windows/Mac, as you pointed out -, and the still yet to be launched Stadia - which is just Linux).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aspyr