7 replies to this topic

#1 Firestarter

Firestarter

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:04 AM

I wanted to bring a series of games to everyone's attention, so we could request them from Aspyr/Freeverse/Virtual Programming. Trackmania-series is something that looks incredibly fun. There are now two commercial games, which have two free expansions. You can watch gameplay footage of  Trackmania: Sunrise.

It's basically an arcade racing game, where the point is to create your own wacky tracks with a pretty cool editor. You can then race these tracks offline or online and share or download them from the game's web site.

So start bombarding your favorite publisher to get all of them ported :)

#2 Guest_Cash68_*

Guest_Cash68_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:44 PM

Actually, that game looks retarded and I hope they never port it.  Crap physics, generic car models, and tracks that either look like the hawaiian track form need for speed 2, or ridge racer.   Boring textures, low detail, and ... just yech.  No damage, ... worst of all.

A fire trucking SUV.  In a racing game.

#3 musicdisciple

musicdisciple

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:15 PM

View PostCash68, on February 9th 2006, 03:44 AM, said:

Actually, that game looks retarded and I hope they never port it.  

You haven't played it, have you? It's really excellent, especially the parts where you have to design the track yourself. I've never seen another game do that the way TM Sunrise does. Very original, very fun. It's definitely not just another driving game.
Bad command or file name. Go stand in the corner.

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:13 PM

It looks like a lot of fun.  I found myself watching 4 different trailers for it and I don't really care much for driving games although that is the only arcade game my wife will play.  If the physics of it were realistic then no car or driver would survive any of the jumps it has you doing.  Better that it has you bouncing and rolling than smashing and burning, especially for the fun of it and the flow.  You can't stop every time you hit a rail to bend the fender back off the tires.  Also, 6 cars together on a giant skateboard ramp sailing 100 feet in the air, you'd better pray the physics aren't realistic or your face would slam through the monitor when it landed!

Sure it's not a true simulation racing game, but I don't think it was what they had in mind while they were building it.  I thought the movie recording and editing aspect of it was right on.  That's one of the things that made Marathon so fun.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#5 Firestarter

Firestarter

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:29 PM

Oi?! What's with this thread being transferred to Off Topic? I thought everyone would've understood that I was asking this to be ported to the Mac and gather more interest towards it by creating it at the driving games section.

#6 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:41 PM

It's not a banishment, nor a punishment.  Just a reorganization.   The bulk of the forum is for the discussion of Mac games and the hardware and software that runs them.  Off Topic is where the other stuff goes.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#7 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:55 PM

*Evil Voice*  Welcome... to the Off Topic.... :devil:

#8 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17567 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:29 AM

Here is a sound file I created for the Marathon scenario D-Day using my own golden voice.  It seems to apply here!  

Welcome  :devil:
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat