2 replies to this topic

#1 johntravers

johntravers

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 11:52 AM

we have a desktop dual 867 which we both prefer to use and a g3 laptop that in practise the wife gets bumped onto to do work while i kill aliens.

My email is in Mail on the 867, hers is in entourage on the 867. I'd like to bump her email onto the laptop but she says she wants to be able to access from the desktop when i'm not here.

Short version of this post. Can i set up using aliases or something else so that her emails are stored in entourage on the 867 but that when she opens entourage on the laptop it shows those emails?

thanks in advance

#2 Mayhem

Mayhem

Disturbed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2104 posts
  • Steam Name:mayhem_swe

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:14 PM

I tried something similar a long, long time ago and could never get it to work. This was back in the days of Mac OS 9 and Office 2001 (possibly even as far back as Outlook Express 5) though and you haven't mentioned neither which OS nor version of Entourage you're running, something one should always do when asking for help about anything of the kind...

If the mail host supplies access via IMAP I would just use that and live with the inconvenience of separate address books and settings.
Down with the Sickness

#3 johntravers

johntravers

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:42 PM

sorry - office x on 10.3