Deadhold Myth Bungie

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ZeRu

ZeRu

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:44 AM

Older among you surely remember the time before Bungie was purchased by Microsoft and was making games for Macs. Two of those games were Myth 1 & 2 and there is currently a Myth-esque game in the making called Deadhold. It will be avaiable for both Macs and PCs (just like Myth was) and devs are looking for more testers and other people who would support their game or spread the info about it. Devs are often available  on game's Discord channels where you can give them suggestions and ideas, or participate in discussions. You can find the game's website at: http://www.deadhold.com/

#2 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3709 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:58 AM

Why not just mod Myth? It doesnt immediately look like there is that many extra features compared to Myth II.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#3 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1296 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 10 January 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

Why not just mod Myth? It doesnt immediately look like there is that many extra features compared to Myth II.

Well, I assume they want to fund their development at some point...

#4 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2419 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:06 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 10 January 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

Good question. In fact I believe at least one of the most prominent Deadhold devs used to be active in the Myth 2 modding community. If IMG was still active I'd reach out to the Deadhold team and ask them this. It would have made a nice article.

But I can hazard some guesses:
The Myth 2 engine and tools are old now. It used sprites instead of 3d characters, the textures were relatively low-res etc.
With a modern code base they'll be able to port the game to more platforms if they want; even mobile.

Well, I assume they want to fund their development at some point...
True.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#5 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1361 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

That reminds me. About four years or so ago now I bought a copy of Myth II for Mac/Windows I think it was, definitely for Mac at least, so I would have the data files to use with a Myth II source port that it turned out worked really well. Typical me, I got it all set up and then messed around a bit getting myself killed and went on to some other source ports I wanted to try as well and in the end moved a number of nice working oldies to my USB drive and forgot about them. I do recall Myth II being butt ugly in full screen but it probably looks much better if run in a window with that source port I am forgetting the name of now. There was a number of mods on the site for it also that looked cool and someone had even recreated the first Myth game to run in the engine as I recall.

Here it is: http://projectmagma.net/downloads/

although I have a feeling some of you are already well aware of this project.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#6 zoinks

zoinks

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

Just discovered this game: cannot wait.  A new improved version of one of my favorite games ever?  Shut up and take my money already!

Seriously watching the play it looks like the magic system is a huge improvement.  Though wouldn't want to miss out on amazing units like the Warlocks and Fetch.

Hoping they get around to mod tools so we can make our own maps, units etc.  I'd pay extra for that!

The whole Myth vibe has been sadly lacking from this dreary world...  bring it back, buff it up and improve the formula.

Can.  Not.  Wait.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deadhold, Myth, Bungie