ut2004 on oa 10.3.3

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WAR_GNAT

WAR_GNAT

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 03:31 AM

for some reason when i install this game and try to play it, it will not work....i try to run the program and all i get is the splash screen...i have changed the resolution on my moni. and it still didnt work...any ideas on why the game wont run?

#2 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 April 2004 - 04:30 AM

do you have an isight or some kind of USB microphone connected to your computer? Try detaching that in that case and try again. If that does not work, please list your full system specs.
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#3 abethomas

abethomas

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 02:34 PM

i have a G5 1.8 single processor running 10.3.3 and i experience the same problem. game launches, splash screen comes up then after a few seconds it dissapears.

i have a usb KVM switch, and a USB audio interface. both of which i unpluged after i read the troubleshooting tips on the games offical site, with no luck.

i get the same results no matter what i do.

somebody please help...

#4 halprin

halprin

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 04:53 PM

That is quite interersting...  In UT 2k3, my video card would sometimes lock up and couldn't change resolutions which happens after the splash screen.  But generally just restarting fixes that.  But that also only happened w/ UT 2k3.  Haven't seen it happen in UT 2k4 yet

#5 Tycho Celchu

Tycho Celchu

Godlike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2470 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 07:00 PM

I had that happen in the finder in general. I would try to change resolutions, and no more would appear than the one I was already using. And games that needed other resolutions would crash on startup.
"To be great is to be misunderstood" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#6 WAR_GNAT

WAR_GNAT

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 03:48 PM

ok i found out why it didnt work...i had to goto the website...and down at the bottom there was a download that i had to get...there was some kinda bug that makes it not work right...the website is in the man.