Divinity Original Sin 2 Out Now For Mac!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 RGoulder

RGoulder

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:33 AM

Just checked my steam wishlist today and saw that an apple symbol appeared for Divinity Original Sin 2! :w00t:

#2 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8323 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:37 AM

It's even already on the MAS.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#3 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4008 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:15 PM

Uh, very nice! The first one is one of the best games I've ever played. Such a pleasent surprise!
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#4 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:25 PM

Ya beat me to the news! Beans for you! I wish they (the beans) could pay monthly overhead…but rest well, knowing you have put a smile on the face of those whom have simply perused the title of your post!
macOS 10.14.x/3.7GHz i7-8700K Hackintosh/32GB RAM/PowerColor Vega 56 RED Dragon

#5 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 360 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 04:57 PM

Argh, and I just picked up Sunless Skies today too.

I still haven't played the first D:OS yet. Should I do that, or just jump in at the sequel?
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#6 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 4008 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 01:39 AM

View Postnick68k, on 31 January 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

Argh, and I just picked up Sunless Skies today too.

I still haven't played the first D:OS yet. Should I do that, or just jump in at the sequel?
¨
You will be missing out on a freaking amazing game if you don't.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#7 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2657 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:03 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 01 February 2019 - 01:39 AM, said:

¨
You will be missing out on a freaking amazing game if you don't.
Funny, on MAS the new one is $10 cheaper than the original, which is $40 ("plus in-app purchases"?!?). Also, the enhanced edition is also there and costs the same as the regular edition. Or you can pay $30 more for the Enhanced Collectors Edition (not available on MAS though.) I'm not sure which one to never get around to playing.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.11.x/2008 MacPro 3,1 Xeon 2 x 2.8GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB

#8 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 4008 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 02:53 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 01 February 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

Funny, on MAS the new one is $10 cheaper than the original, which is $40 ("plus in-app purchases"?!?). Also, the enhanced edition is also there and costs the same as the regular edition. Or you can pay $30 more for the Enhanced Collectors Edition (not available on MAS though.) I'm not sure which one to never get around to playing.
The Enhancen Collectors Edition includes the two prequel games also. I quite enjoyed Divine Divinity when I played it a year ago. A rare old school RPG gem. So take this one if you like classics, and have plenty of time on your hand.

But you'll definitely want the Enhanced Edition. It has some changes compared to the original, and some balance stuff, more story, and DLC included. And split coop multiplayer, if you are into that sort of fetish.

#9 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8323 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 02 February 2019 - 08:39 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 01 February 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

Also, the enhanced edition is also there and costs the same as the regular edition.
You actually get the same in both cases: the Enhanced Edition was a free update for the regular version. It's massively confusing that both are still listed separately on the MAS. I guess they couldn't change the already existing entry?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#10 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1558 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:55 AM

I will play this...after PoE II DLCs, Torment, Bard’s Tale I-IV,Wasteland 3, and Divinity: OS 1.

Good problem to have...

#11 elowel

elowel

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:52 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 02 February 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

You actually get the same in both cases: the Enhanced Edition was a free update for the regular version. It's massively confusing that both are still listed separately on the MAS. I guess they couldn't change the already existing entry?

I suspect that they're listed separately to allow people who purchased the game early on (the non "Definitive Edition") to run both side by side - as I believe the number of changes meant save files were not backwards/forwards compatible - while people purchasing the game later on can just get the DE and enjoy a single patched version. Why they didn't unlist the non-DE seems weird, though.

Anyway, onto DOS2: Great game, runs well on Mac, however I'm confused about them advertising HDR. I assume macOS can output HDR to a compatible display, but the MAS listing implies this can be done on the iMac display.