#1 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:41 AM

DiRT: Showdown $19.99 as of this writing
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#2 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

8,99€ On italian store right now (50% discount)... very temped.
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13" 2016 i5 2,9Ghz - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 480 4GB
LG 34UM95 Ultrawide Thunderbolt
Steelseries Rival 300, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism, Logitech K811

#3 henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Steam Name:henryfakesmile
  • Steam ID:henrycc265

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:10 AM

the game is fun as hell... anyone would like to play together feel free to PM me and lets play together on game center!!!

#4 henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:28 AM

GOD DAMN IT!! all iMac players are unable to buy the game because of the mac app store screwing up things ( however i could buy it on macbook pro retina & mac pro so it only occur on the iMac )
and here is the official respond from the developer ... god this game is just so much fun crashing & racing around!

• Hi,

We have set exactly one requirement on the game: that the graphics card has to support OpenGL 4.1.

We followed the description in Apple's technical document here: https://developer.ap...748/_index.html

and set the sole requirement:

<dict>
    <key>gl-renderer</key>
    <string>( version >= 4.1 )</string>
    </dict>

If this results in App Store labeling your card as unsuitable for the game, then it's an issue on App Store's side, as s own capabilities tables show your card as capable of supporting OpenGL 4.1: https://developer.ap...l/capabilities/

We will contact AppStore about the matter, but if you could contact them as well, if might make them react more promptly.

#5 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

SiniScope Productions Inc

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:39 PM

Well, i have to admit that I'm a little disappointed in the game. I am very happy to be able to get the game on my Mac. But Feral does such a great job with the Codemasters racing games and the difference in the performance is bad. Great performance and even FFB with wheels . I can run F1 2013, Dirt 2, Grid 2 and others on ultra settings on my Mac Pro, but this game I have to use much lower settings? Very strange. There's no FFB either. I guess I should not compare what Feral does porting to what Virtual Programming does, but it's pretty clear that Feral is awesome. I do like the fact that VP ported the game and I can play it on my Mac for just $10. I just wish it was better.
My Badge Of Honor - Single Father of Three
Dedicated to My Mother, Patricia Lee Frabotta 1947-2009
Official Auto Sport Driving Website

#6 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2041 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:54 PM

View PostJaguarGod, on 30 November 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

There's no FFB either. I guess I should not compare what Feral does porting to what Virtual Programming does, but it's pretty clear that Feral is awesome. I do like the fact that VP ported the game and I can play it on my Mac for just $10. I just wish it was better.

I have not had a pleasant experience with VPLD in the past few years. It seems like anything that has been ported with their eON technology is badman. Witcher 2 can be run on high in windows on my mac pro but on OS X even on the lowest settings is unplayable.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#7 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

SiniScope Productions Inc

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:11 PM

I received a reply from VP about the FFB......

"No. In current version of the Mac port of the game FFB support is not present. We expect to include it in the future update, at the same time when we update the HID interface used to contact joysticks and gamepads in general to new version of Apple's API."
My Badge Of Honor - Single Father of Three
Dedicated to My Mother, Patricia Lee Frabotta 1947-2009
Official Auto Sport Driving Website

#8 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:52 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 30 November 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

I have not had a pleasant experience with VPLD in the past few years. It seems like anything that has been ported with their eON technology is badman. Witcher 2 can be run on high in windows on my mac pro but on OS X even on the lowest settings is unplayable.
That's what makes their ports crap and make me not want to buy anything they port?
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#9 henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:34 AM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 02 December 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

That's what makes their ports crap and make me not want to buy anything they port?

View PostUmarOMC1, on 02 December 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

View PostJaguarGod, on 30 November 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

Well, i have to admit that I'm a little disappointed in the game. I am very happy to be able to get the game on my Mac. But Feral does such a great job with the Codemasters racing games and the difference in the performance is bad. Great performance and even FFB with wheels . I can run F1 2013, Dirt 2, Grid 2 and others on ultra settings on my Mac Pro, but this game I have to use much lower settings? Very strange. There's no FFB either. I guess I should not compare what Feral does porting to what Virtual Programming does, but it's pretty clear that Feral is awesome. I do like the fact that VP ported the game and I can play it on my Mac for just $10. I just wish it was better.

because its being ported by  
Virtual Programming Ltd , their games tend to have low performance because all of em arent native osx port

#10 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:00 PM

The App Store update to fix Dirt Showdown so that it will save progress still has not landed as of this morning. They told me they had submitted a fix already on October 13th to the App Store. This seems a rather long time for them to approve something. Oh, well.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#11 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

You mean well after a YEAR from this game being released VP finally got around to an update that may or may not work still?

Heh.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#12 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 05:51 PM

Well, I don't honestly know at what point the saving became an issue or if it was from the start. It runs fine. It just won't save your progress so unless they fix it I wouldn't bother myself. I trashed what I had and am waiting for an updated version. I keep bugging them about this as I posted in the "VP Strikes Again" thread here. Ten days for the App Store to approve a game patch seems a bit much and made me wonder if some issue had cropped up so I put in a ticket asking them about that.

#13 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:30 PM

The game is down to 1,99 € on the Mac App Store again. Pulled the plug, got screwed again by VP. On first launch, it immediately crashed to the desktop after a few seconds. Now the game keeps freezing a 2015 Retina iMac soon after the menu screen. It's only been two bucks, but even that's too much for a game which won't even start. I cannot believe how fraked up everything VP got in the last few years. :wall:
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#14 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:56 PM

Yep. If it's by VP - it ain't for me!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dirt, showdown, virtual, programming, racing, driving