What games are people playing these days!?

• Please log in to reply
1566 replies to this topic

#1561 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17332 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:04 PM

I started playing Homefront the other day.  It appears to be a set in the Red Dawn universe.  You play as the resistance.  It's not a bad shooter, and I've been quite enjoying it.  Ammo is scarce so you use whatever weapons you can take from the enemies cold dead hands.  It's pretty balls to the wall action and the acting is believable enough.  Fun stuff.  If you like FPS then this is for you.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1562 RacingFan84

RacingFan84

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:26 AM

Hearthstone on Mac and a backlog of playstation games.

I'm also trying to pickup a few old racing games like Total Immersion Racing and Distance.

#1563 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1450 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:46 AM

Still plugging away at PST:EE and enjoying it very much. It is fun playing a Mage class for a change. Sure enough, they really do come into their own later in the game.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#1564 Atticus

Atticus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:12 AM

About 20 hours into ME: Andromeda. Despite all the hate, outrage, and death threats surrounding this one, really enjoying. Good palate cleanser after playing too many titles in a high fantasy setting.

Love ya', Geralt but...LASERS pew pew pew.

And speaking of CDPR and lasers--pls pls pls finish Cyberpunk 2077 before I die or my kids go to college and I'm bankrupted...whichever comes first. Thx.
"I'm standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me."

#1565 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3083 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

View PostAtticus, on 20 August 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

And speaking of CDPR and lasers--pls pls pls finish Cyberpunk 2077 before I die or my kids go to college and I'm bankrupted...whichever comes first. Thx.

Very excited to see what this game looks like...

I'm pretty addicted to Player Unknown's Battlegrounds at the moment. I'm awful at it too which makes it all the worse.

Also getting into a decent amount of CS:GO with friends. Here's a highlight if you'd like to see my unco clutch skills.

My attention span at the moment is atrocious. I'm studying Japanese so amongst trying to play through Quantum Break and the Witcher 3 Blood and Wine, i'm also trying to play through Shenmue 1 again, only this time the Japanese version... probably bitten off more than I can chew.

I played through Wolfenstien: The New Order recently and loved it. Highly recommended shooter if you don't have an AMD card (awful port, heres hoping the follow up is as polished as DOOM 4).

Also played through DOOM for before I upgraded graphics cards (had a AMD HD 6990) and couldn't put it down, even on low settings 720p!

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#1566 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3756 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:52 PM

Recently started up Broken Sword 2 on the iPad, as I really dig adventure games.

So far it is a tad less good than the first one, as the story feels a little bit less coherent. Still good though. Good humor, gorgeous animations, difficult riddles to solve..
My two complaints is that despite being the 'remastered edition', it still looks like a game from the 90's with you having to identify things in the background based on 4-10 pixels. At least they could have update the discussion icons from being 16x16 pixels to something even remotely modern.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#1567 nick68k

nick68k

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:08 PM

I'm playing a bit of Armored Freedom after picking it up from the MGS for $3.99. You get what you pay for, but it's pretty fun, and nicely presented.

The gameplay is extremely simple (roll dice, move minis, use terrain to your advantage and deploy attack or defence cards in battle and the highest number wins - that's it), but it's entertaining enough for short spells.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.