#21 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:18 AM

View PostThe Liberator, on 18 October 2010 - 08:22 AM, said:

...and the fact that it is right handed only.
Ahem. They actually have a Deathadder for lefties as well. ;)

I'm used to using my entire palm to operate a mouse, so I doubt that'll have much impact on me. That said, I should go ahead and order the damn thing already.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#22 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:22 AM

View PostThe Liberator, on 18 October 2010 - 08:22 AM, said:

Yeah, when I first tried AMG's Deathadder out, it was a pretty bloody weird experience (I was also play AC at the time). I'm over the completely odd initial feel of the mouse, and I now consider myself a "palm" person. I like my whole hand resting on the mouse. I think it goes with my style. I can defenitely say that the Deathadder's design will not be for everyone, as it is more discriminatory than most mice in the market, because of how large it is, and the fact that it is right handed only.

Liberator.
Yeah, if they took all the technology, the button and wheel feel, and put it into a casing that was "Claw" hand friendly, and possibly right/left independent, I bet they would sell even more.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#23 pantherv

pantherv

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Steam Name:panthervca

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:40 AM

I Have the razer imperator as of right now,but i have kinda had it with its light feel and cheap buttons. I ordered a g700 from logitech, i will let you know how that goes when it arrives.
MP 2.66 QC/8GB/1TB WD Velicoraptor/10.8/GT120/Lacie 234 24in/1TB Gtech/Razer Black Widow Mac Edition Keyboard/Logitech G500 Mouse/Razer eXactMat.Audioengine A5 & A8 Speakers & Sub.
iPhone 4s/32GB/Speck Case
iPad Mini Retina 64

#24 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

View PostFrigidman, on 18 October 2010 - 10:22 AM, said:

Yeah, if they took all the technology, the button and wheel feel, and put it into a casing that was "Claw" hand friendly, and possibly right/left independent, I bet they would sell even more.
I looked at the Razer site, and I could not find anything which had the Deathadder in a different ergonomic design.* There was the http://store.razerzo....35208800]Razer Abyssus[/url], although I do not think it would be up to to normal standard of mice that Razer has, like the Deathadder, Mamba and other higher grade mice.

Liberator.

*Supposedly the Deathadder can be used for people with the claw grip, but I completely disagree, as the mouse is HUGE! and most hands would seriously struggle to use the claw grip on it. I also chose to show the link to the Abyssus as it was the only mouse that was catergorised as a fingertip mouse, and most (if not all of the other mice mice would be too large for most people to use the claw (and definitely the fingertip) grip on them.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#25 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:47 AM

View PostThe Liberator, on 18 October 2010 - 09:40 PM, said:

I looked at the Razer site, and I could not find anything which had the Deathadder in a different ergonomic design.* There was the http://store.razerzo....35208800]Razer Abyssus[/url], although I do not think it would be up to to normal standard of mice that Razer has, like the Deathadder, Mamba and other higher grade mice.

Liberator.

*Supposedly the Deathadder can be used for people with the claw grip, but I completely disagree, as the mouse is HUGE! and most hands would seriously struggle to use the claw grip on it. I also chose to show the link to the Abyssus as it was the only mouse that was catergorised as a fingertip mouse, and most (if not all of the other mice mice would be too large for most people to use the claw (and definitely the fingertip) grip on them.

Surely If you've got time to quarrel about mice you've got time to update your fb with a picture or two  :P

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#26 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:25 AM

I'm a claw grip user. I use a deathadder. It works just fine... with only the slight aformentioned 'touch' of the inner heel of my thumb. Most times I don't notice it, sometimes I do... but all in all, I use the mouse in claw form. I'm actually unable to palm a mouse... I feel like I have zero control :( I guess this is cause my wrists barely move... I do all 'lifting' with my fingers, not my wrist. Hmmm.

And how is it you keep butchering the heck out of URLS!

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#27 DrJohnFever

DrJohnFever

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:16 PM

What is the advantage to claw grip?

#28 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

View PostDrJohnFever, on 19 October 2010 - 03:16 PM, said:

Advantage?

There are no advantages or disadvantages between claw and palm style mouse control. It is basically what you grew to use, and how your hand uses the mouse. I'm a claw mouser. Nothing more by it, so as such, I have to find mice that feel right with a claw style usage.

-Fm [1oM7]

#29 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:34 PM

View PostDrJohnFever, on 19 October 2010 - 03:16 PM, said:

I'm a claw grip user too.  By that I mean I control the mouse with my fingertips.  I find that I have more precise control, rather like drawing with a pencil as opposed to having a pencil hammered through my hand and drawing like that.  But it is ALL a matter of what you have grown used to.  There is probably no real advantage.  When I first picked up a mouse, it was with my fingertips and my style has never changed.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#30 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3304 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:23 PM

View PostFrigidman, on 19 October 2010 - 04:15 PM, said:

Advantage?

There are no advantages or disadvantages between claw and palm style mouse control. It is basically what you grew to use, and how your hand uses the mouse. I'm a claw mouser. Nothing more by it, so as such, I have to find mice that feel right with a claw style usage.

Yea, it's just a style, personally I'm a palm style guy
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#31 DrJohnFever

DrJohnFever

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:57 AM

OK, well I guess I don't really need to worry whether the mouse is claw-compliant or not if its just a normal way of holding your mouse.

#32 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:41 AM

Good.  The more people I can talk out of the vastly superior claw style the easier it will be for me to dominate you online.

Atta boy!  Just use the mouse however it first suit you.  Just use your instincts.  By chance, did you try your elbows?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#33 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

• IMG Writers
  • 3304 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:06 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 20 October 2010 - 08:41 AM, said:

Good.  The more people I can talk out of the vastly superior claw style the easier it will be for me to dominate you online.

Atta boy!  Just use the mouse however it first suit you.  Just use your instincts.  By chance, did you try your elbows?

I tried certain other appendages before using the palm, they lacked the precision, grip, and firmness of the palm
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro

#34 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:28 AM

Hehehe. Almost reminds me of the "Mouse vs Keyboard" tangents... yet luckily, this one is truly a "whatever works for you" result.

But I have to agree with tBC, I feel I have much more precise control over the mouse with just my fingertips, then mashing at it with a stump at the end of my arm ;)

-Fm [1oM7]

#35 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:48 AM

I guess, I'm somewhere in between. I don't like to rest the whole palm of my hand on the mouse, but I despise these teeny-weeny little mice that are so popular nowadays which are so small that you can only grip them with your fingers. When I was looking for a new mouse a while ago, I had problems finding one that has a decent size, but isn't as huge as the Razers. I settled for a Logitech LX8.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#36 DrJohnFever

DrJohnFever

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:07 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 20 October 2010 - 08:41 AM, said:

I tried elbows... Unfortunately, it made games far too easy.

#37 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

Pssh! Feet is where it's at. ;)
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#38 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

I just glare at my mouse balefully until it does what I want out of sheer terror.

--Eric

#39 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

• IMG Writers
  • 3304 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:48 PM

View PostEric5h5, on 20 October 2010 - 04:30 PM, said:

I just glare at my mouse balefully until it does what I want out of sheer terror.

--Eric

That's terrible! all of my mice are in my home because of their own free will, they love me. It may have something to do with how I grasp, caress, and hold them, but who knows.

Of Man and Mice I guess, the 89.5563th great play of Shakespeare

#40 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

View PostAussieMacGamer, on 19 October 2010 - 07:47 AM, said:

Surely If you've got time to quarrel about mice you've got time to update your fb with a picture or two  :P
Ha ha ha, that is true. I would post something on FB if I could actually get on!

View PostFrigidman, on 19 October 2010 - 09:25 AM, said:

...And how is it you keep butchering the heck out of URLS!
Damn! I have tended to do that a bit recently.

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State