8 replies to this topic

#1 jos

jos

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:35 AM

Two months ago Feral announced to bring Life is Strange: Before the Storm, the prequel to Life is Strange, to the Mac this spring. It will be released as a Deluxe Edition containing all three episodes plus a bonus episode called Farewell.

http://www.feralinte...om/en/news/853/

#2 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:14 PM

'Life Is Strange: Before the Storm' is out on the Feral Store and Steam.
No news on a release date for the Mac App Store.

#3 jos

jos

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:20 PM

View PostMr Pink, on 13 September 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

'Life Is Strange: Before the Storm' is out on the Feral Store and Steam.
No news on a release date for the Mac App Store.

It's available on the Mac App Store.

#4 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:03 AM

Indeed...
Before the Storm actually asks for the latest nVidia web drivers on my MBP (late 2013).

We recommend using the latest Nvidia web drivers to play Life is Strange: Before the Storm.
The latest Nvidia web drivers can be downloaded from this page on Nvidia's website.

#5 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 346 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:56 PM

It's pretty fun as a teenage girl simulator. And I mean that in an entirely non-creepy way.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#6 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Steam Name:ipickert55
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:43 PM

View Postnick68k, on 15 September 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

It's pretty fun as a teenage girl simulator. And I mean that in an entirely non-creepy way.

Good save.

The series looks interesting to me. Is it just a straight up adventure game?
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

#7 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1547 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:19 PM

View Postipickert55, on 16 September 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

Good save.

The series looks interesting to me. Is it just a straight up adventure game?

They're like better looking Telltale games: interactive stories with dialogue choices. The first game is a bit more game-y in that you have a limited power to travel back in time (especially with dialogue options) and there are some (simple)  puzzles based around that.

LiS is the better game but I think BtS gets a bad rap because it was made by a different developer. I still enjoyed it quite a bit and makes something that happens in LiS all the more devastating (BtS is a prequel).

#8 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:14 PM

I started out knowing absolutely nothing about the game, or the series in general, but I have to say I really enjoyed 'Before the Storm'.

I'd probably describe it something along the lines of an interactive drama/walking-talking simulator with mild adventure elements, but that doesn't really do it justice, and the story really rips along. The characterisation and narrative really draws you in, and the VA work is first class. It hits you right in the feels, y'know?

Downsides - you'll probably finish the game in a couple of evenings. Yes, you can replay it to explore different conversational arcs and outcomes, and you're encouraged to do so, but you may lack the motivation to do so knowing how things pan out in general. Also, the save system is very limited in that you can only jump back to your most recent autosave (or replay again, from scratch).
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#9 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 04:12 PM

I did play through 'Before the Storm' with the stock nVidia drivers in macOS 10.13.6, and everything was buttery smooth on my MBP late 2013.
Beats me why Feral is asking for the web drivers.

Really enjoyed playing both of these 'Life Is Strange' titles lately and I'm glad Feral is also bringing us the sequel.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: life is strange, before the storm, adventure, feral