• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 nick68k

nick68k

Enigmatic

• IMG Writers
  • 551 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:38 PM

As an old geezer with a reasonable amount of disposable income* I'd be happy to chip in for a long-term solution for this board, should that situation ever arise. But I understand the hesitancy on display.

*no, you can't have a car.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#22 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17705 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:38 PM

Same here Nick, but... yeah.  Maybe wait till after the gaze of Sauron has been fixed upon us.  Then we can coordinate our efforts on the Discord IMG channel that MacDude22 set up for us after the fact.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#23 Cougar

Cougar

Fighting Feline

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1864 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:31 PM

I don't get it, why not just *gasp* ask Tuncer? I have it under good authority that he is, contrary to what some might believe, not actually Sauron. Why would he care anyway, if it's us doing the maintaining and fitting the bill?

#24 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4427 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:43 PM

View PostCougar, on 15 January 2021 - 01:31 PM, said:

I don't get it, why not just *gasp* ask Tuncer? I have it under good authority that he is, contrary to what some might believe, not actually Sauron. Why would he care anyway, if it's us doing the maintaining and fitting the bill?

*shrug*

Maybe when I find a lull I could bring it up.

Getting a free cert for https, would require a lot of work because of the needed server updates, code changes, change of in-use software.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#25 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

50 carat

• Forum Moderators
  • 3126 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 09:29 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 15 January 2021 - 01:43 PM, said:

*shrug*

Maybe when I find a lull I could bring it up.

Getting a free cert for https, would require a lot of work because of the needed server updates, code changes, change of in-use software.
It's a lot of work. The Big T might very well ask why we can't just move to Dischord or start a new forum somewhere. And I'm hard-pressed to come up with an answer.
In our defense we can point to a very small number of posts from MGS customers, but it's thin.

(I don't know Tuncer personally. Maybe he likes having the IMG URL still be alive after all this time? Or maybe this is him paying us back for all the work we did for IMG in the past. I don't know so rocking the boat feels risky to me.)

www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#26 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4503 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 16 January 2021 - 03:30 PM

View PostCougar, on 15 January 2021 - 01:31 PM, said:

I have it under good authority that he is, contrary to what some might believe, not actually Sauron.
Need proof.
"They're everywhere!" -BOB