What games are people playing these days!?

• Please log in to reply
1777 replies to this topic

#1761 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8188 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:27 PM

View PostCougar, on 03 April 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

I think I liked everything about it except the gameplay. Getting enough resources to get to the next story beat just felt like a chore. They should make a "story mode" with unlimited resources.
That's in fact one of the few things I dislike: you effectively are constantly running short on resources and have to waste time to search for stuff. That's apparently one of the things without which you can't have a survival game. At least that gets easier when you have the scanner room with the corresponding HUD chip.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#1762 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:16 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 03 April 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

Recently in Fallout 4:

...my explosive bullet blew his noggin into a shower of bone and brain.

I just love the beauty of flowery, colorful exposition. Itís the next best thing to being there.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#1763 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:25 AM

Speaking of the next best thing to being there. Now for something youíll really like!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!...fEBp-1YQHQu0LWw

I wish the Xbox would just let you upload to You Tube but no! This is just a short example of the mindless fun afforded by Halo CE remastered on the Xbox One.

#1764 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Steam Name:ipickert55
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:18 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 04 April 2018 - 12:25 AM, said:

Speaking of the next best thing to being there. Now for something you'll really like!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!...fEBp-1YQHQu0LWw

I wish the Xbox would just let you upload to You Tube but no! This is just a short example of the mindless fun afforded by Halo CE remastered on the Xbox One.

Boom tube is love, boom tube is life.
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#1765 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2562 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:49 PM

Well I stuck with and finished HL2, and as some of you predicted it grew on me. I enjoyed it after all. Hooray! Once I got past the early city levels and the boat levels (which gave me motion sickness) and got the gravity gun things got more fun.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.11.x/2008 MacPro 3,1 Xeon 2 x 2.8GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB

#1766 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17556 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:19 AM

I loved my gravity gun, there's nothing quite like a good cup of morning coffee and a radiator smashed into your face.

Recently in Fallout 4:

My companion MacCready fell through a map hole.  Imagine the angst MacCready is feeling as he plummets endlessly in gray nothingness.  He'll probably be fine until his mobile device looses the signal or the battery conks out.  Then it will be regrets and recriminations.  His vapid life will play before him like mocking shadows of remorse as he thinks of how he treated his wife and sick child, who he abandoned for his thrill seeking adventures and get rich quick schemes.  He could have been a doctor and saved lives.  He could have been an educator uplifting those about him out of poverty and a life of post apocalyptic deprivation.  Instead it was more about capping his fellow idiots for caps.  Yes, there will be much to ponder behind the veil of eternity.

Much indeed MacCready.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1767 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6131 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:52 AM

I've been playing a bunch of Far Cry 5 lately, although I'll be jumping back into Ghost Recon: Wildlands now that they've added the Sam Fisher (Splinter Cell) special mission crossover, and even hired Michael Ironside to voice him again! Can't wait for that.

Far Cry 5 has been my favorite entry in the series thus far. Its flaws are large, and many, but what it does right, it really does right, and is a popsnizzleload of fun. The only thing that irritates me is how am I supposed to roleplay myself when none of my guns are in the game, damnit? Far Cry 5 needs more guns. I was all stoked that my Beretta M9 and Sig MPX were going to be in the game but they seem to have cut both at the last minute. Maybe they'll come back in updates/DLC.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN Xp 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 2001) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Micron M600 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#1768 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17556 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:05 AM

Recently in Fallout 4:

And the coveted Fallout 4 2018 Darwin Award goes to... Steel Toe and Big Jaw.

I just got jumped by two deathclaws at once.  Too bad for them that they found me in front of the Red Rocket under 4 turrets and 2 attack dogs where my  8 heavily armed companions all hole out.  They were gone almost before they were there.  You could hardly see them from all the tracers vectoring into them.

The first deathclaw, Steel Toe, must have said, "Hey let's swing by the Red Rocket and see who we can scare out of their pants derp.  

The second deathclaw, Big Jaw, probably said something like, "I don't know, doesn't a vault dweller live there now derp?

I'm guessing that Steel Toe came back with something like, "Have you ever seen a human?  They are so scrawny that they would fry down to a little gob of grease, hardly a meal for one of us.  What could go wrong?  It'l be fun derp."
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1769 ipickert55

ipickert55

Honorary Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Steam Name:ipickert55
  • Steam ID:ipickert55

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:47 PM

A literal crap ton of Overwatch, Rocket League, and Hearthstone. All the digital crack I'll ever need. Also trying to go through the Total War series starting with Rome and will do mods, sadly realizing that Rome is actually not as great as I remember.
Maybe it really is all cocks in the end.

Poseidon - Retina MacBook Pro Mid 2014, macOS High Seirra 10.13.x, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

#1770 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8188 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:42 AM

View Postipickert55, on 14 April 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

Also trying to go through the Total War series starting with Rome and will do mods, sadly realizing that Rome is actually not as great as I remember.
I know what you mean. Feral's recent re-release of that game for iOS showed that many still wax poetic about it, but that's pure nostalgia.

I made the mistake to play Rome: TW after having played later entries in the series, and was quite disappointed. It just hasn't aged well and is objectively not a very good game anymore. I can see that it was novel and impressive back in its day, but later Total War games have just massively improved on formula, especially Medieval 2 and Shogun 2, and are simply better games.

It's a bit like what we said about Half-Life 2 a while back.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#1771 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:06 AM

Finished Halo CE and enjoyed the ride very much on Xbox, the way it was meant to be played! Well, except for the last bit that I found to be exceedingly irritating. Afterward I had a little laugh at myself as I considered whether Dark Souls is maybe not a good idea for the likes of me. I must be a masochist because I want to find out anyway. Very different games to be sure but the issue is my fuse when provoked repeatedly.

In other news, I finished Layers of Fear. I thought it started off a little slow, became interesting in the middle and completely fell apart with a final section that felt like it had been rushed in development along with the story conclusion. I donít regret playing it but I think it needed more time in the oven.

Currently I am playing Until Dawn on the PS4. The early going character development was a little painful but I guess necessary. After the slow start though things have really picked up now. I canít get into any of the why to avoid spoilers but if you play this, hang in during the long opening parts. Things get a lot more interesting. The game has beautiful visuals, great atmosphere and sound along with some rather nice character models, very nice indeed. The voice talent is good too. At first I found most of the characters to be truly obnoxious but theyíve grown on me over time. As for the story, well we shall see. Iíll report back when I finish it soon.

Oh, I did just the training stuff for the first Titanfall game last night but then I was too beat to go get beat on. I think Iíll dive in tonight and see if anyone is playing, I have EA Access on the Xbox so I can play around with stuff like this without buying it and itís cheap.

#1772 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6131 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:28 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 14 April 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Recently in Fallout 4:

And the coveted Fallout 4 2018 Darwin Award goes to... Steel Toe and Big Jaw.

I just got jumped by two deathclaws at once.  Too bad for them that they found me in front of the Red Rocket under 4 turrets and 2 attack dogs where my  8 heavily armed companions all hole out.  They were gone almost before they were there.  You could hardly see them from all the tracers vectoring into them.

The first deathclaw, Steel Toe, must have said, "Hey let's swing by the Red Rocket and see who we can scare out of their pants derp.  

The second deathclaw, Big Jaw, probably said something like, "I don't know, doesn't a vault dweller live there now derp?

I'm guessing that Steel Toe came back with something like, "Have you ever seen a human?  They are so scrawny that they would fry down to a little gob of grease, hardly a meal for one of us.  What could go wrong?  It'l be fun derp."

Meanwhile, on the edge of camp, finding Steel Toeís testicle jammed in Big Jawís exploded eye socket...

Posted Image
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN Xp 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB
Antimony (PowerBook G4 2001) – 1.0 GHz PPC 7455 / 1GB RAM / 512GB Micron M600 / Radeon 9000 64MB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#1773 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:28 AM

View PostFrost, on 15 April 2018 - 11:28 PM, said:

Meanwhile, on the edge of camp, finding Steel Toe's testicle jammed in Big Jaw's exploded eye socket...

I just watched that today because RIP R. Lee Ermey. :crying:

#1774 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:42 PM

Thatís very sad news. I love that guy.

#1775 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:24 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 16 April 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

That's very sad news. I love that guy.

Coincidentally the next movie I watched was Seven, which he was also in (I didn't know). Don't think I've seen him in anything else besides the Toy Stories and Apocalypse Now

#1776 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17556 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:04 AM

He would have made a great Mr. Woodcock the hard assed gym coach.  Besides physical acting he did a lot of voice acting for games and TV.  All that was icing on the cake, he had me at full metal jacket.  I swear I had that ass hole as a drill instructor, funny as hell, brutal as a head on collision.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#1777 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:44 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on 17 April 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

He would have made a great Mr. Woodcock the hard assed gym coach.  Besides physical acting he did a lot of voice acting for games and TV.  All that was icing on the cake, he had me at full metal jacket.  I swear I had that ass hole as a drill instructor, funny as hell, brutal as a head on collision.

Iím glad he did such a good job on you. Well, usually I am. lol

#1778 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17556 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:05 AM

Hey 2 nights ago Steel Toe and Big Jaw came back to the same spot at the Red Rocket!  I've never seen two deathclaws together before and now twice in the same spot at the Red Rocket.  This time Steel Toe was a legendary!  He managed to take out two of the turrets before he succumbed to his wounds.  I guess after Steel Toe respawned from the first tragic visit he figured that he should play elsewhere until he felt that he was buffed enough for the raid.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat