• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:14 PM

Everyone* thought that the Diablo franchise was dead cos Diablo 3 turned out to be a giant stinker**,but no! - there's unannounced Diablo stuff under development at Blizzard.

Your guess is as good as mine at this stage - Switch conversion? Druid DLC? Diablo IV? - but there it is.

*not everyone

** I liked it
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#2 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3944 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:36 AM

Multiple projects sounds interesting. I am guessing:
• Switch version.
• Another Diablo 3 expansion pack.
• Diablo 4, which will be a huge detour from the current setup, with more RPG-ness, and open world stuff, and true 3D.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#3 nick68k

nick68k

Heroic

• IMG Writers
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:09 AM

I'd be cool with another D3 expansion. I know the game gets a lot of hate, but I enjoy the design and playstyle. (Probably because I only dip into the game fairly infrequently, but play the hell out of it for a few weeks when I do).

Also (obviously!), an expansion should see the light of day several years before D4 makes an appearance.
You must gather your party before venturing forth.

#4 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3944 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:39 AM

Since D3 is still so popular, I could see them release an expansion that leads up to D4, a year or two before the release of the latter.

For me, I really want to like D3 because I think the look of it is freaking amazing (except Act 4: The Copy-Paste of 5 Protoss assets). But the gameplay falls flat for me because the game wants you to rush everything; I hate the new skill system, and think the story after act 1 is not presented very well and somewhat boring.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#5 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1528 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:10 PM

While I preferred the darker art style of Diablo 2, the only thing I really hated was the story and dialogue, and the guy responsible for that is gone. So I look forward to what comes next.

#6 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8253 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:55 PM

You can check off that Switch version.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"