Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostWumpus, on 15 February 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

I have a number of games that have both Mac & PC versions you play through Steam,

Any other than Supreme Commander 2 and VP games?

#22 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostHansi, on 13 February 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

No. That's an extra feature. Single player is the prime content.

I played the demo on PS3 and like it. Might be worth getting it for Mac if it's reasonably priced.

Can you play all the single player campaign in co-op with friends?
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13” Touch Bar 2017 i7 3.5Ghz - 16GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Mantiz Venus eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
LG 34” 34UC88 Ultrawide Display
Steelseries Rival 700, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism

#23 Hansi

Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Nope it's parallel to the main story: http://en.wikipedia....ss_II#Vendettas

#24 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8275 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

Where does it say has to be.
For instance here and here.

I have a number of games that have both Mac & PC versions you play through Steam, but its not Steamplay.
That number is probably "one". Supreme Commander 2 is (to the best of my knowledge) the only game where the Mac version is sold separately, and even that has a kind of semi-Steamplay (when you activate the Mac version on Steam, you get the Windows version in addition).

Keep in mind that the whole kerfuffle why Feral does not put their games on Steam and Aspyr only some of them is because Valve does not allow the Mac versions to be separate entities on Steam.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#25 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1474 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

PRE-ORDER on FEBRUARY 29 ONLY for 20% Off ($39.99).
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#26 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

For those who are still wondering, The Darkness II will be a Ciderized title. I asked for confirmation when it was announced and just received a response.

#27 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts
  • Steam Name:the_great_wumpus

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

Isn't everything on GameTree Cider?
Macgamecast.com - Mac news, reviews and more!
IMG Reviews, Previews & Features
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)
Subscribe to the Podcast (iTunes)

27" iMac, Core i5 Quad 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB, 1TB Hard Drive

#28 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8275 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

View PostWumpus, on 08 March 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

Isn't everything on GameTree Cider?
Unless they have special versions of for instance Civ IV, Assassin's Creed II, Borderlands or Batman, I don't think so.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#29 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 08 March 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

Unless they have special versions of for instance Civ IV, Assassin's Creed II, Borderlands or Batman, I don't think so.
How quickly a certain person forgets about those games. :bleedingeyes:

Also AC Brotherhood.... but I guess you coveredt hat with AC2... :P
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#30 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:37 PM

Correction: isn't anything that first appears *only* on gametreemac Cider? All the other names mentioned were released elsewhere, then added to that store. As far as I know anyway :P I knew Darkness 2 was Cider because of that. A native port seemed unlikely given how it first appeared.
MGC Podcast Host. (Want to hear something discussed or join the fun? Let me know.)

#31 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8275 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:04 AM

View PostWumpus, on 08 March 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

Correction: isn't anything that first appears *only* on gametreemac Cider? All the other names mentioned were released elsewhere, then added to that store. As far as I know anyway :P I knew Darkness 2 was Cider because of that. A native port seemed unlikely given how it first appeared.
If I recall correctly, ACII and Splinter Cell Conviction both were first available on Gametree (at least for pre-order), despite not being ciderised titles, but in general, Gametree is Transgaming's own playground.

#32 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

ACII certainly was on Gametree first and was not a cider title.
--Tetsuo

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#33 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

2K Games and TransGaming today officially announced their partnership to bring Darkness II to Mac users. The announcement freed up the information stream apparently, because I also received more response to my earlier questions about the game:

The Steam version of The Darkness II will be fully featured and will support SteamPlay and SteamWorks. It will also allow play between Mac and PC versions in multiplayer.

No surprise, but always nice to have confirmation.

#34 Wobblefoot

Wobblefoot

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Steam Name:HulkPunchedThor

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

The 5 hour SP campaign length is keeping this from being a day one purchase for me. I played the demo, and it certainly grabbed me, but man... only 5 hours?

#35 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostKilvain, on 13 March 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

2K Games and TransGaming today officially announced their partnership to bring Darkness II to Mac users. The announcement freed up the information stream apparently, because I also received more response to my earlier questions about the game:

No surprise, but always nice to have confirmation.
Yeah, that is great. That stuff is always welcome, as (I don't know about everyone else but I think) there are not enough games with those features.

…No grudge to the porting teams, like Aspyr for CoH though.

Lib.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#36 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

The official announcement doesn't really make any sense to me. The game's been available to pre-order for a few weeks already. Its kind of obvious they are partnering on it. Guess things have to be "official" and all that. One would think they'd time the announcement with when you could pre-order, not weeks later :P

#37 ltcommander.data

ltcommander.data

Positronic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

Slightly off off-topic, but I found it interesting that they stressed the expansion of their Take-Two partnership to include 2K Games. I wonder if that means Take-Two is following EA in going Cider only for future Mac ports (other than ones already in development, namely Bioshock 2)? Traditionally 2K Game's Mac titles have been done natively by Aspyr, Feral, and MacSoft.

#38 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8275 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

View Postltcommander.data, on 14 March 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Slightly off off-topic, but I found it interesting that they stressed the expansion of their Take-Two partnership to include 2K Games. I wonder if that means Take-Two is following EA in going Cider only for future Mac ports (other than ones already in development, namely Bioshock 2)? Traditionally 2K Game's Mac titles have been done natively by Aspyr, Feral, and MacSoft.
I hope not. Borderlands 2 as Cider "port"? The horror, the horror... :bleedingeyes:

#39 Wumpus

Wumpus

MacGameCast Host

• IMG Writers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

View Postltcommander.data, on 14 March 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Very interesting thoughts and I had started to wonder the same thing myself. Maybe I can wrangle some news out of Feral if they know, or even Transgaming. I'm sure they'd agree to an interview, but they are always so horribly corporate in their responses. Anyway, time will tell for sure. I'd like to see native ports of Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2 myself.

#40 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Maybe they just mentioned them because they are a part of the equation being the publisher and all and they are just being officially ... just a thought.

As for borderlands 2 there'll probably be a wrapped port long before there's a native port either way at least unofficially. That's what happened with the first game.
--Tetsuo

the Battle Cat said: