Jump to content


THE Nintendo DS Thread


  • Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#41 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

    Uberspewer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts
  • Location:Not here; not there; not anywhere!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

Back to other games... :P

I've been thoroughly enjoying my DS Lite since acquiring it last May, owning about two dozen games now.

Favorites:
Advance Wars Dual Strike & Days of Ruin
Front Mission
Elite Beat Agents
Contra 4
Tetris
New Super Mario Bros.
Mario Kart
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Worms: Open Warfare 2
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
Metroid Prime Pinball

Game purchases I have been considering:
Age of Empires
Panzer Tactics
Planet Puzzle League
Hotel Dusk

There are only a few '08 games that I'm looking forward to right now:
Civilization Revolution
Puzzle Quest: Galactrix
Runaway: Dream of the Turtle
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#42 justicejayant x

justicejayant x

    Newbie

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:10 AM

My favorites are Elite Beat Agents, Tetris and Mario Kart.

#43 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

    Master Blaster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:03 AM

Hmmm.... I've seen Elite Beat Agents at KMart for like $12 on clearance. Maybe I'll have to pick that one up...

#44 dojoboy

dojoboy

    DJJ is the greatest!

  • IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3461 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Location:Tanasi (USA)
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:07 PM

Anno 1701

Chapter 2; Mission 4

Having some trouble getting all my folks up to Merchants. I've got an area still at the Citizen level and can't seem to find the missing element. It seems I've got them what is needed: spices, bathhouse, etc. Any ideas?

Also, my economy has just experienced a spiral, for some reason unknown to me atm - running a deficit of 300g.

Love this game!

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Kicking my @$$!

Stuck on C-14.  I've not picked it up since I got Anno 1701, but that'll change on my ride to St. Louis next week.
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#45 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

    Master Blaster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:56 PM

View Postdojoboy, on March 15th 2008, 04:07 PM, said:

Anno 1701

Chapter 2; Mission 4

Having some trouble getting all my folks up to Merchants. I've got an area still at the Citizen level and can't seem to find the missing element. It seems I've got them what is needed: spices, bathhouse, etc. Any ideas?

Also, my economy has just experienced a spiral, for some reason unknown to me atm - running a deficit of 300g.

Love this game!

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Kicking my @$$!

Stuck on C-14.  I've not picked it up since I got Anno 1701, but that'll change on my ride to St. Louis next week.

I just finished "Orc & Elves" which is a pretty fun little retro dungeon crawl. I'm going to wait on Anno & AW:DoR until I finish "Prof. Layton & the Curious Village." It's quite a fun game. At times it makes me feel quite clever, and at other times it makes me feel like a fool  :wacko:

#46 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

    Master Blaster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:04 AM

O.K. I have a dilemma here. I have to order a book from Amazon.com, but my order doesn't qualify for free shipping. If I order a DS game, it will put me over the top for free shipping, but I can only afford one at this time. Should I order Age of Empires: Age of Kings or Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords?

#47 Janichsan

Janichsan

    Jugger Bugger

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8275 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan
  • Location:over there

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:48 AM

View PostXxtraLarGe, on April 7th 2008, 06:04 PM, said:

O.K. I have a dilemma here. I have to order a book from Amazon.com, but my order doesn't qualify for free shipping. If I order a DS game, it will put me over the top for free shipping, but I can only afford one at this time. Should I order Age of Empires: Age of Kings or Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords?
Hm, difficult. Both are pretty good. But my personal suggestion would be Age of Empires I find it's bit less repetitive.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"


#48 dojoboy

dojoboy

    DJJ is the greatest!

  • IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3461 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Location:Tanasi (USA)
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:28 AM

View PostJanichsan, on April 7th 2008, 12:48 PM, said:

Hm, difficult. Both are pretty good. But my personal suggestion would be Age of Empires I find it's bit less repetitive.

I don't have Puzzle Quest, but I do enjoy Age of Kings.
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#49 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

    Master Blaster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:16 PM

I just finished Professor Layton and the Curious Village. It was a very fun & entertaining title. I'd strongly recommend it to anybody with a DS. It might be a little too challenging for young children but good for anybody aged teen to adult. It has a nice story & artwork, a variety of different puzzles, and it took me less than 12 hours to beat the game.

#50 dojoboy

dojoboy

    DJJ is the greatest!

  • IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3461 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Location:Tanasi (USA)
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

Just picked up a used copy of Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords.  Let's see what all the excitement is about.  :)
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#51 dojoboy

dojoboy

    DJJ is the greatest!

  • IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3461 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Location:Tanasi (USA)
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:08 AM

View Postdojoboy, on April 15th 2008, 06:08 PM, said:

Just picked up a used copy of Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords.  Let's see what all the excitement is about.  :)

Anyone have some spell:opponent insight?
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#52 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

    Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:29 AM

I saw the funniest thing the other day. This guy was walking up my street around 5:00pm and he looked like the builder type, a real bloke. In one hand he had an open bottle of Coopers Red, and in the other a nintendo DS :lol: . I wonder how beer, builders and Nintendo fits together?

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1


#53 dojoboy

dojoboy

    DJJ is the greatest!

  • IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3461 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Location:Tanasi (USA)
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:32 AM

View PostAussieMacGamer, on April 18th 2008, 10:29 AM, said:

I saw the funniest thing the other day. This guy was walking up my street around 5:00pm and he looked like the builder type, a real bloke. In one hand he had an open bottle of Coopers Red, and in the other a nintendo DS :lol: . I wonder how beer, builders and Nintendo fits together?

I'd recommend Anno 1701 AD for him.  He's likely the bloke clamoring for a tavern.
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#54 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

    Master Blaster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:53 AM

Dojo, I'm on the final mission (#26) on Advance Wars, did you ever finish it?

#55 dojoboy

dojoboy

    DJJ is the greatest!

  • IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3461 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Location:Tanasi (USA)
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:11 PM

View PostXxtraLarGe, on April 22nd 2008, 01:53 PM, said:

Dojo, I'm on the final mission (#26) on Advance Wars, did you ever finish it?

No, I got stuck on #14, then got distracted with Anno 1701.  I'm working the campaign and a sandbox game on it, but it's also been sitting idle because I grabbed a used copy of Puzzle Quest.  I'm carrying it with me every where I go.  I'm still intrigued by it, building my knight to pacify the countryside.

Look back at #14 and give me some guidance.  ;)  I honestly tried that scenario once before RL cooled me down.  I've got to go out of town this weekend - good time to put AW back in.
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#56 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

    Master Blaster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:46 PM

View Postdojoboy, on April 22nd 2008, 02:11 PM, said:

No, I got stuck on #14, then got distracted with Anno 1701.  I'm working the campaign and a sandbox game on it, but it's also been sitting idle because I grabbed a used copy of Puzzle Quest.  I'm carrying it with me every where I go.  I'm still intrigued by it, building my knight to pacify the countryside.

Look back at #14 and give me some guidance.  ;)  I honestly tried that scenario once before RL cooled me down.  I've got to go out of town this weekend - good time to put AW back in.

If that's the one with the giant cannon in the middle of the map, you can hit it with bombers & rockets.

#57 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

    Master Blaster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:39 PM

Hah, finally beat Advance Wars! Now I'll move on to Anno 1701, which should help get me primed up for Civ Rev, which I'll probably play non-stop on my flights to and from Las Vegas in June  :happy:

#58 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

    All hail Bastet

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:14 PM

I'm stuck on #10 in Advance Wars. Suggestions?

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi


"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau


#59 dojoboy

dojoboy

    DJJ is the greatest!

  • IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3461 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Location:Tanasi (USA)
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 23 April 2008 - 07:06 PM

View PostDaveyJJ, on April 23rd 2008, 08:14 PM, said:

I'm stuck on #10 in Advance Wars. Suggestions?

Just took a quick peek at that map.  

(1) take out his air force
(2) I had a battle copter and fighter remaining I think.  I parked the fighter near his production center and weakened new builds.
(3) I remember battle copters being a big part of my efforts to punch through the cliff region.
(3) alternated offensives north and south of the mountains.
(4) relied on my rig  to quickly move up anti tank infantry
(5) a lot of tanks, art, and recon
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#60 teflon

teflon

    Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts
  • Location:London, UK

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:45 AM

eah im stuck on the final mission too. but bearing in mind that I only really play when travelling these days and havent done too much travelling its not too bad.

I think its because some of the missions in the campaign require you to get a kind of perfect start against the AI to put them immediately on the back foot. Thats what I needed for the penultimate mission, it was just one tiny thing that I did a bit different (cant remember what though) that won that one for me.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor