DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1411 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

Cats are always aloof. It's just their nature. I still love you anyway, despite my bad behavior.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#202 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1411 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:12 PM

In other news, I am really excited about Microsoft bringing backward compatibility to a limited number of original XBox games this fall. Of the initial curated list of releases they have planned, I will be picking up digital editions as they release of: Morrowind, Jade Empire & KOTOR!

I never did finish Morrowind nor play either of its expansions. I was kind of tired of it after more than a hundred hours of exploration, various fun mods, carefully pulling the Vivec Treasury guards one by one and killing them so I could loot all the glass armor and other goodies there and more. It will be great fun to go back there and see the main quest through as well as the expansions. I really loved the game. Likewise, I enjoyed Jade Empire very much along with KOTOR. In each case I took the nice guy path but have wanted to revisit them to see how the mean guys live. I'm not sure what if anything else from that era would float my boat but those are really good ones for me.

The large selection of last generation games that run on the XBox One is a big plus to me also. I'm planning to settle in and play Oblivion GoTY starting tonight. I have been meaning to play it for ages and I am glad now that I never got to it because I so love being lazy while saving worlds from the comfort of my couch.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#203 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3272 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:02 PM

Backwards compatibility on Xbox One is a really fantastic feature. I donít expect many people actually use it, but it is really great knowing that your game collection moves forward with you. Backwards compatibility has always been one of PC gamings best features in my opinion. Nice to see it moving onto consoles as well.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: i5 6600K @ 4.6 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || RX 480 8GB (mining) || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 850 Evo M.2 Sata, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Accessories: 28" 4K FreeSync Monitor || PS4 Pro || QNAP TS-228 NAS (2x 6 TB Seagte IronWolf) || iPhone 6S 64GB