17 replies to this topic

#1 nv_kelly

nv_kelly

NVIDIA Corp.

• Developer
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

Hi All,

Starting today, anyone in Europe is now able to join the GeForce NOW for Mac beta.

The expansion of the beta includes the current list of supported titles; over 125 games and growing. Initially the app is only available in English, but some games do support in-game language options.

We plan to release localized language versions of the app at a later date. Spread the word to your friends in Europe and start gaming together!

For more information please visit: https://www.nvidia.c...rce-now/mac-pc/

#2 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3802 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:02 AM

Very interesting. Will it only display/launch games on the supported list, or can you fire up anything from Steam/Blizzard and cross your fingers?

I may very well finally have the chance to play Skyrim and Witcher 3 then.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#3 macdude22

macdude22

Like, totally awesome.

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2038 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:24 AM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 02 November 2017 - 07:02 AM, said:

Very interesting. Will it only display/launch games on the supported list, or can you fire up anything from Steam/Blizzard and cross your fingers?

You can open and install anything in steam but they are "deleted" when you quit Geforce Now. If the game does not support steam cloud the saves will be lost (i.e. only supported games remain installed with saves retained in the Geforce Cloud).

I have played Saints Row 3 (an unsupported game) fine via this method.
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#4 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3802 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:41 PM

Good to know! In that case I may very well fire up Metro 2033 this weekend, and see how it runs.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#5 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6089 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:29 PM

In other news, the mouse changes they made are spectacular. I just played some Destiny 2 on my Mac and it is 100% playable and even fun. Just a bit of lag so I wouldn't go trying to be super competitive in PvP, but the PvE experience over GeForce Now is actually great.

Only thing really weird is my mouse sensitivity and controller sensitivity settings from the PC carried over, but not my keybindings, so I had to set those again. But, that is probably something on Bungie's/Blizzard's end.

Again, gotta give props to NVIDIA for getting the input lag down so drastically. I'm not sure where their central US server is so it might be close to me, but either way, GeForce Now's input lag level KILLS PlayStation Now's (I was in the PS Now private beta as well and considered it barely playable and it had improved 0% by the time it launched). If I was going to do one of the two streaming services, I'd do GeForce Now over PlayStation Now in a heartbeat at this point. My lag is no worse than when I'm playing on my PC in Houston while I'm on my Shield in Dallas, which is to say it is very, very good.

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 02 November 2017 - 07:02 AM, said:

I may very well finally have the chance to play Skyrim and Witcher 3 then.

So far every game I've installed on Steam that didn't require a third party client (i.e. Uplay) has more or less worked.

Speaking of which, nv_kelly, I'd love if Uplay support got baked in soon. I'm still addicted to Ghost Recon: Wildlands and want to play that on GF Now.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#6 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:45 AM

As the announcer in Q3A was always telling me, "Impressive!"

Stop it! Yes he was talking about me!!!
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#7 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3802 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:05 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 05 November 2017 - 01:45 AM, said:

As the announcer in Q3A was always telling me, "Impressive!"

Stop it! Yes he was talking about me!!!
He was still talking about you when I entered the game, and he announced "Head shot!!!". :P

#8 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:56 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on 05 November 2017 - 05:05 AM, said:

He was still talking about you when I entered the game, and he announced "Head shot!!!". :P

I think you have that mixed up due the head trauma you suffered repeatedly on the wrong end of my rail gun. :rotfl:

#9 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • 3802 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:49 AM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 05 November 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

I think you have that mixed up due the head trauma you suffered repeatedly on the wrong end of my rail gun. :rotfl:
No no, you just had the gun turned the wrong way. I think Steve described your Q3 gun skills the best:
Posted Image

:P

#10 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17419 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:27 AM

Burn.  That's a burn son.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#11 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:41 AM

I don't get no respect I tell ya! No respect at all!

#12 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8085 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:59 PM

I finally found the time to try out the Geforce Now beta and I'm thoroughly impressed: I played some Destiny 2 yesterday and it worked absolutely perfectly, with barely a hitch. The visuals were a bit more blurry than when I would play it locally, but the game streamed at pretty much solidly 60 fps. Compared to (local) RemotePlay from my PS4, it's like the difference between a DVD movie and a Blu-Ray. The only complaint I'd have is that the streamed system seems to use an US keyboard layout (without an obvious way to change it), which is somewhat irritating when for instance having to enter e-mail addresses and passwords.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#13 nv_kelly

nv_kelly

NVIDIA Corp.

• Developer
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 07 November 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

I finally found the time to try out the Geforce Now beta and I'm thoroughly impressed: I played some Destiny 2 yesterday and it worked absolutely perfectly, with barely a hitch. The visuals were a bit more blurry than when I would play it locally, but the game streamed at pretty much solidly 60 fps. Compared to (local) RemotePlay from my PS4, it's like the difference between a DVD movie and a Blu-Ray. The only complaint I'd have is that the streamed system seems to use an US keyboard layout (without an obvious way to change it), which is somewhat irritating when for instance having to enter e-mail addresses and passwords.

I'll share your feedback with the team. Where are you located and what keyboard are you using? We are working on a fix to properly support international keyboards for Europe.

#14 nv_kelly

nv_kelly

NVIDIA Corp.

• Developer
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

Also wanted to share Beta 5 update that went live last week - The latest update to the GeForce NOW for Mac beta adds advanced streaming settings, support for World of Warcraft Add-Ons and 17 more games:
https://forums.gefor...-16-new-games-/

#15 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8085 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:59 PM

View Postnv_kelly, on 07 November 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

I'll share your feedback with the team. Where are you located and what keyboard are you using? We are working on a fix to properly support international keyboards for Europe.
Germany, using a German keyboard layout.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#16 jeannot

jeannot

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:08 PM

I can't even log into steam. They 0-9 keys don't work, and my password contains digits. That's a ridiculous bug right there. :glare:

EDIT. Ok I could solve that one by setting the keyboard layout to English.
But then there an even more stupid issue with Doom. Upon loading a level, the game asks to press Right-crtl or NUM-0, which are not on my keyboard! (And these keys are not bound to any action in the game). The funny part is, there is no way to cancel anything at this stage. I have to shut down the virtual PC. :wallbash:

#17 jeannot

jeannot

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

So far my experience has been plagued by issues. Keyboard layout issues prevented login to Steam, then playing Doom (I still can't play the damn game because my keyboard lacks right-crtl and NUM0 keys). So I wanted to play Hitman and somehow this fat game (42GB) needs to be downloaded to the virtual machine. The steam machine quitted twice while I was downloading, which require re-downloading from the start (I gave up).
I'm getting errors starting a session, then steam sets some random account name and asks for my password even though I told it to remember it, which requires re-setting the keyboard to English...

But when it works, it works well.

I haven't found a way to launch a gaming session in windowed mode. It would help a lot on my 27" iMac.

#18 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:55 AM

Don't you guys know that personal computers were invented in English? Of course an English keyboard is required! Get with the program.

/runs away as fast as he can!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GeForce NOW for Mac, GFN for Mac