#21 devSin

devSin

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 04:11 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on 31 January 2020 - 12:31 PM, said:

Wow. The old Blizzard would have delayed or cancelled this. Or, would worked on a new RTS title instead of remaking an old one on the cheap.
Yeah, this is entirely motivated by profit (as is everything Blizzard does these days). It's clear that they had plans for the remaster, and then all those plans were scaled way back to cut costs. This thing is just being dumped out to recoup any money they already spent on it.

In the same vein, I don't expect Blizzard to do Mac versions of most of their games anymore. There's not enough money in it.

View PostCougar, on 31 January 2020 - 01:51 PM, said:

Well, it's not an either/or thing. The art for this was outsourced (same company that did the SC1 remaster) and they have a separate team that works on the programming for these remasters. I hope the SC2 team is actually working on WC4 or SC3.
I don't think there are any RTS games in active development.

#22 strangemax

strangemax

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 02:49 PM

I returned my copy for a full refund. For the updated models it might be worth $15, not $40+

#23 galad

galad

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 03:07 AM

I requested a refund too. What a failed project.

#24 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6212 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 02 May 2020 - 06:49 PM

I had so been looking forward to this after loving the StarCraft remaster.

Oh man...

Posted Image
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 3.6 GHz i7 9900K / 32GB RAM / 2x2TB Intel 7600p (RAID0), 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / TITAN V 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 4TB Samsung 860 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#25 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4352 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 03 May 2020 - 12:31 AM

Have they done anything to fix the issues so far?
"They're everywhere!" -BOB

#26 galad

galad

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:37 AM

They fixed a couple of minor bugs, changed a bunch of textures that no one will notice, and that's it. Menu on macOS are still laggy and uses 100% of a cpu core, performance is horrible, the new 3d models style is awful, the whole reforged visuals are awful.

#27 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:46 AM

View Postgalad, on 03 May 2020 - 04:37 AM, said:

They fixed a couple of minor bugs, changed a bunch of textures that no one will notice, and that's it. Menu on macOS are still laggy and uses 100% of a cpu core, performance is horrible, the new 3d models style is awful, the whole reforged visuals are awful.

That is a shame - I did like the idea of playing through the solo campaigns again but have held of purchasing this after the scathing reviews.

You would have thought that with all the negative press they would put the effort into fixing the bugs.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, RX580 8GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.14

#28 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4352 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 03 May 2020 - 10:16 AM

View Postmattw, on 03 May 2020 - 08:46 AM, said:

That is a shame - I did like the idea of playing through the solo campaigns again but have held of purchasing this after the scathing reviews.

You would have thought that with all the negative press they would put the effort into fixing the bugs.
Personally I would happily pay 5$ for it when it comes down in price, as long as there aren't any game breaking bugs and it runs acceptable. W3 is that good.

But I think modern day Blizzard is all about moneys, and nothing else unfortunately. But how many of the original are left anyway?
"They're everywhere!" -BOB

#29 Cougar

Cougar

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1803 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:23 AM

Well, it does look like they are (slowly) addressing some criticism, making graphics more readable.

I won't buy it though until it's less than $10 and they've added Ladder back.