• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:55 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 29 December 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

But still!

I spend all the time I have trying to get BACK to allied, so I can push towards the navy rep... but then I have to log and go do other things, and when I come back, ALL progress I made is gone because I couldn't play the game.

Its getting tiresome to even bother with it.
I honestly hate when games do that. That and grinding. Why I generally don't play MMOs, Destiny being the one big exception until recently when Bungie increased the grind from small and negligible to through the roof. And hey, look at that, I stopped playing shortly after they did that too. Looks like I'm not the only with that opinion since from what I hear the game's been shedding players at a pretty huge clip lately as well.

Kind of also bothered me with State of Decay. There's a system where the clock keeps running as you're offline, and your survivors keep using resources. It was interesting at first, but after a while when I felt like playing something else for a bit, I had to rush and complete the story because my survivors would blow through all their resources while I was logged off and we'd be frakked when I got back on. It's also what's prevented me from playing again even though I loved that game, because I don't want to commit to a whole playthrough.

Then again, they've made quite a few changes and improvements since I last played, so that may not be the case anymore... I should check on that game.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#142 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:54 PM

They futzed with State of Decay? oh joy... so when I start that up to 'finish' what I left hanging... its all gonna be different and almost likely start all over. JOY! ... it wasnt Early Access as I recall, so W T F.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#143 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6075 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:01 PM

No changes that'll likely cause a problem for you (other than that resources thing, which may not be as bad as it was back when I played). For one, you can tote resources around in vehicles now, which is a HUGE convenience. Seems like an obvious feature, but when I played you couldn't do that.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#144 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:27 PM

I guess I've gotten too used to ED's slower movements, as I was trying out SC's flight training, and i was blacking out everywhere. Of course it doesnt help you fly like a bat out of hell by just pushing a strafe key. Guess I need a real HOTAS setup for that.

But even then, I think something was jacked.

1) My aiming reticle would end up in odd places all over the hud, sometimes causing my guns to fire way off center. Very annoying to sort out, and I wasn't even using the mouse.

2) Touching the mouse causes my head to move and get stuck in that direction if I let go of the mouse. I find this annoying, as I want some sort of head-snap-back to happen. I tried setting up the mouse-right-hold to head look, and letting go of it should snap-back. But that didnt work. It ignored that, and pointed my head down into my crotch zoomed in instead when I held right-mouse.

3) Throttle was unpredictable at best. Sometimes i couldnt move for shizzle. I was mashing every sideways upways backways forward and throttle keys I had and would like ... go 5 (whatever 5 means, it clearly wasn't 50 or more).

4) Stop popping up these stupid dialogs on black screens jerking me out of what I was doing! I know this was the tutorial flight-training, but holy crap that was done terribly. And then it would repeat those if you didn't do them quick enough or were trying to figure out why mashing a key wasnt working.

5) The controls key-rebind UI is buggy as popsnizzle. Half the time it wouldnt respond to my scroll wheel to go up and down, and then trying to flip back and forth through keyboard, mouse, joystick settings for ONE action, was a bloody nightmare. On top of that it would not warn you in the slightest that "oh hey, yeah that key actually is doing something else that is gonna cause a serious mess if you keep it bound that way". Coupled with how terrible the UI is, trying to find key conflicts across all those multiple panels and flip opens was... well... I gave up.

At this point, I was like, ok, I'll let this game to rest for a year yet before I revisit.

ED has its blandness, but it is working for now without a lot of unpredictable behaviors. And I know SC is still 'alpha grade', so its why I'm not entirely writing off SC.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#145 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1515 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:35 PM

View PostFrigidman™, on 01 February 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

I guess I've gotten too used to ED's slower movements...

I suddenly had a flashback to Bob Dole doing a commercial about this. I'm sorry but I really did and I couldn't help laughing.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Elite: Dangerous, Frontier, Elite, The King is Back