Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ – Announcement trailer

deus ex mankind divided mankind divided feral interactive feral 2029 Adam Jensen macos linux

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:56 PM

https://twitter.com/...026526172467201
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13" 2016 i5 2,9Ghz - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 480 4GB
LG 34UM95 Ultrawide Thunderbolt
Steelseries Rival 300, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism, Logitech K811

#42 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3299 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:43 AM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 10 April 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

Could you quote a little? FB is blocked on my network.

Posted Image
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#43 9secondko

9secondko

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:38 AM

That's fine, but since F1 was released, it did nothing to dispel concern over DE:MD.

And considering that Feral posts here, they can respond to posts where a user is excited about a game - where they then stoke that excitement - but when someone wants to know what's going on with the exorbitant giant delay, they get crickets. Having the gaming community speak for them doesn't help much.

The FB post is 4 months old.

I am concerned that the longer the delay, the less a business case Feral has for Deus Ex.

I'm holding out. I want to support the company porting my favorite games to Mac - but it's kind of strange that there is not much info available nor any kind of community focused correspondence.

#44 jeannot

jeannot

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:49 AM

Maybe they're waiting on Apple to solve a few remaining bugs. And as everything related to Apple, they can't communicate.

#45 elowel

elowel

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:09 AM

As they've already released F1 2016 and Total War: Warhammer, it seems unlikely that there are still further issues with Metal preventing only Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (but not the other two) from being released.
It's very possible that Feral simply didn't want to release three major titles at the same time, so are staggering release.

#46 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:11 AM

View Post9secondko, on 26 April 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

That's fine, but since F1 was released, it did nothing to dispel concern over DE:MD.
And considering that Feral posts here, they can respond to posts where a user is excited about a game - where they then stoke that excitement - but when someone wants to know what's going on with the exorbitant giant delay, they get crickets. Having the gaming community speak for them doesn't help much.
I am concerned that the longer the delay, the less a business case Feral has for Deus Ex.
I'm holding out. I want to support the company porting my favorite games to Mac - but it's kind of strange that there is not much info available nor any kind of community focused correspondence.

Sometimes you do have to be patient, regarding games for the Mac.
Feral will come out with the best port they can deliver, when they are ready.

#47 jeannot

jeannot

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:07 AM

View Postelowel, on 26 April 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

As they've already released F1 2016 and Total War: Warhammer, it seems unlikely that there are still further issues with Metal preventing only Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (but not the other two) from being released.
That's a very unsafe assumption. Each game has its particularities.

#48 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts
  • Steam Name:FuzzyPuffin

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:17 PM

View Post9secondko, on 26 April 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

I can't find it anymore, but Feral had a more recent tweet in which they said DX needed a bit more time than Total War. It's coming.

#49 elowel

elowel

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

View Postjeannot, on 26 April 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

That's a very unsafe assumption. Each game has its particularities.

It's about as unsafe as assuming that game not out = Metal broken.

Again, as I said before, it's also very possible that they simply didn't want to release three titles at the same time, so focused their efforts on F1 and Total War while putting the finishing touches on Deus Ex.

#50 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:53 PM

Meanwhile you can enjoy metal results

https://egpu.io/foru...-high-settings/

"Metal + RX 480 couldn’t reach over 60 FPS at any point due to the lack of VSYNC OFF setting. In Windows, it was OFF. Meaning that Metal’s average 55 FPS on macOS is indeed superb result compared to DX11 (average 50,1/52,6 average FPS on Windows – RX 480/GTX 980)"
ikir's personal page

#51 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

• IMG Writers
  • 3299 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake

Posted 27 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

So F1 2016 running on metal in OS X is outperforming the DX11 version in Windows ?

If true, that is fantastic news.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#52 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17420 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:32 PM

It's like the turtle winning the race against the rabbit.  Suck on it DX11!  ::Mac guy fist pump::
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#53 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

It's currently $15 on Steam. :luck:

Alright, just bought it. Feral do damn good ports and I'm not going to install this in Bootcamp. I hope I can run it tho.
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#54 Camper-Hunter

Camper-Hunter

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Steam Name:Rorqual
  • Steam ID:Rorqual

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:18 AM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 13 May 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

It's currently $15 on Steam. :luck:
Too bad the DLCs aren't on sale: $24 for two quite short DLCs is a big rip off.

#55 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:41 AM

View PostCamper-Hunter, on 14 May 2017 - 12:18 AM, said:

Too bad the DLCs aren't on sale: $24 for two quite short DLCs is a big rip off.

I picked them up for about $6 each a few weeks ago during Square Enix's store sale. They'll probably hit that price again soon. Buy them separately instead of the Season Pass, as the extra items you get are pointless and just make the game easier.

#56 9secondko

9secondko

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:46 PM

So... a year later...

Has anyone heard an update about Mankind Divided?

I mean this is just wrong.

The company porting the games posts here to get us all excited about the announcement of a game we were told would be available a Auear Ago! And then silence? That's very disrespectful to the gamers that support them.

Feral sees these posts.

There really should be an update if they care at all.

I've held off for s freaking year of buying the game on console.

Can we just have any indication as to wether the game is even coming?

#57 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:07 PM

Don't fret. A year later is nothing unusual for Mac ports...
Anyway, SteamDB history entries shows, Feral is still working on Mankind Divided for macOS.
Even though the early provisional system requirements have vanished from Feral's site.
Who knows, maybe macOS 10.13 with Metal 2 is needed to get Feral where they wanna be with the port.

#58 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

Special Snowflake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

View Post9secondko, on 21 August 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

So... a year later...

Has anyone heard an update about Mankind Divided?

I mean this is just wrong.

The company porting the games posts here to get us all excited about the announcement of a game we were told would be available a Auear Ago! And then silence? That's very disrespectful to the gamers that support them.

Feral sees these posts.

There really should be an update if they care at all.

I've held off for s freaking year of buying the game on console.

Can we just have any indication as to wether the game is even coming?

In fairness, your decision to wait for an entire year when you could have played it on console anytime is your own choice. You have only yourself to blame there if the console option was worth mentioning as you did.

Feral is a far better company than you are imagining now but the transition to a completely new API by Apple that impacts Feral is beyond their control. It's going to be a great thing over time but issues over how long it is taking, etc. really ought to be addressed at the source which would be Apple, not Feral. As for no news for a long time, what do you want them to tell you if there is no news to report? Have you called them? Have you written to them? If you want to know so badly why not? Their support people are really nice and would answer you to the best of their ability if you gave them a chance. A public forum they are nice enough to visit with news as they can is really not the place to demand answers, you know? Well, it isn't if you expect to get any I would say.

Give them a chance with this stuff and I believe you will be pleasantly surprised when they are able to deliver the goods that I am very sure they want to as badly as you want them. They aren't miracle workers. Software development is incredibly complex and when you are at the mercy of other forces, like a huge API change by the company making the operating system which progresses at that company's discretion and capability, you just do the best you can and they are.

For cases of horrible customer service I would refer you to Steam, EA, Ubisoft, etc. to name just a few. Those clowns richly deserve the ire of gamers. Feral does not.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#59 ikir

ikir

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:35 PM

Probably they are waiting for Metal 2 in High Sierra.
ikir's personal page

#60 Cougar

Cougar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

View Postikir, on 22 August 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

Probably they are waiting for Metal 2 in High Sierra.

They could just say that. In the Feral thread, after Feral's enigmatic response, my hypothesis was that Square Enix is working on a $40-60 Complete Edition akin to the Director's Cut of Human Revolution, which Feral waited for.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deus ex, mankind divided, mankind, divided, feral interactive, feral, 2029, Adam Jensen, macos, linux