Jump to content


Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ – Announcement trailer

deus ex mankind divided mankind divided feral interactive feral 2029 Adam Jensen macos linux

  • Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 jeannot

jeannot

    Notorious

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:58 AM

View PostSneaky Snake, on 03 November 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

You can understand why feral is moving into Linux gaming.

There are about 15 mac users in the world who can run this game.
We on linux it only runs on the latest nVidia cards.
And there are about 15 linux users in the world who pay to play games. :P

#22 Janichsan

Janichsan

    Jugger Bugger

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8087 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan
  • Location:over there

Posted 04 November 2016 - 01:54 AM

View Postjeannot, on 04 November 2016 - 12:58 AM, said:

We on linux it only runs on the latest nVidia cards.
…but only if you use the official, closed-source Nvidia drivers.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"


#23 mattw

mattw

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:01 AM

Yeah I'd like to understand what bugs in the AMD drivers stop my 7950 being supported in both this and Mad Max, especially as one game is using OpenGL and the other Metal?

Frustrating to have more GPU power than everything Apple offer for sale today except maybe the top iMac GPU yet stil be unable to run them.

Also looks like me building a SteamOS or Linux box for gaming if Apple don't introduce anything I want to buy is likely just as limiting.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, RX580 8GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.13.1

#24 Janichsan

Janichsan

    Jugger Bugger

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8087 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan
  • Location:over there

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:06 AM

View PostFrigidman™, on 03 November 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

Sadly, the way the general public think, if their card wasnt listed, then it must be OK!
Having just seen a review on the MAS with the complaint that Civ VI doesn't run on an Nvidia 9400M, I can confirm this way of thinking exists…

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"


#25 macdude22

macdude22

    Like, totally awesome.

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2041 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Location:Iowa
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:17 AM

Nvidia 9400M, now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. That predates even the 320M right?
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#26 Janichsan

Janichsan

    Jugger Bugger

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8087 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan
  • Location:over there

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:33 AM

View Postmacdude22, on 04 November 2016 - 08:17 AM, said:

Nvidia 9400M, now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. That predates even the 320M right?
Yup. It's an about 8 years old chipset.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"


#27 Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake

    Official Mascot of the 1988 Winter Olympics

  • IMG Writers
  • 3299 posts
  • Steam Name:SneakySnake
  • Steam ID:sneaky_snake
  • Location:Waterloo, Canada

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:43 AM

View Postjeannot, on 04 November 2016 - 12:58 AM, said:

We on linux it only runs on the latest nVidia cards.
And there are about 15 linux users in the world who pay to play games. :P

Apparently (according to r/linuxgaming) it works fine one AMD cards, but just isn't officially supported.
2015 13" rMBP: i5 5257U @ 2.7 GHz || Intel Iris 6100 || 8 GB LPDDR3 1866 || 256 GB SSD || macOS Sierra
Gaming Build: R5 1600 @ 3.9 GHz || Asus GTX 1070 8 GB || 16 GB DDR4 3000 || 960 Evo NVMe, 1 TB FireCuda || Win10 Pro
Other: Dell OptiPlex 3040 as VMware host || QNAP TS-228 NAS || iPhone 6S 64GB

#28 DirtyHarry50

DirtyHarry50

    Special Snowflake

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • Steam Name:DirtyHarry
  • Steam ID:dirtyharry2
  • Location:North Carolina, USA

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:12 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 04 November 2016 - 08:33 AM, said:

Yup. It's an about 8 years old chipset.

So what? It's perfectly good and new games should work just fine with it! You know, people are busy and they don't have time to be reading a bunch of stuff about system requirements before buying games. Why do you think Amazon implemented one-click ordering? More than one click and many customers will just decide oh, never mind this. It's too much trouble!

You know, if something is supposed to work on a Mac then it should just work on a Mac - any Mac. Like, for example if I want to play Alien Isolation on a Mac and I just happen to still be using my SE/30 I expect the game to work right. It's not my fault Apple hasn't gotten around to an SE/30 refresh because they are too busy making watches few people want.
“The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” — Bertrand Russell

#29 marksatt

marksatt

    Fan

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:18 PM

View Postmattw, on 04 November 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

Yeah I'd like to understand what bugs in the AMD drivers stop my 7950 being supported in both this and Mad Max, especially as one game is using OpenGL and the other Metal?

Frustrating to have more GPU power than everything Apple offer for sale today except maybe the top iMac GPU yet stil be unable to run them.

Also looks like me building a SteamOS or Linux box for gaming if Apple don't introduce anything I want to buy is likely just as limiting.

Yep, that's a bit odd. Technically the AMD 7950 Mac Edition is no longer officially supported by anyone so it may just be a better-safe-than-sorry statement rather than a hard limitation. I've got one at work, so when DX:MD Mac ships I'm happy to give it a go and let you know.

#30 macdude22

macdude22

    Like, totally awesome.

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2041 posts
  • Steam Name:Rakden
  • Location:Iowa
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 05 November 2016 - 08:02 PM

View PostDirtyHarry50, on 04 November 2016 - 10:12 PM, said:

You know, if something is supposed to work on a Mac then it should just work on a Mac - any Mac. Like, for example if I want to play Alien Isolation on a Mac and I just happen to still be using my SE/30 I expect the game to work right. It's not my fault Apple hasn't gotten around to an SE/30 refresh because they are too busy making watches few people want.

I have a really fun trek game on my SE/30
IMG Discord Server | http://raptr.com/rakden | http://www.trueachie....com/Rakden.htm
Enterprise (MacPro 3,1): 8 Xeon Cores @ 2.8 GHz || 14 GB RAM || Radeon 4870 || 480GB Crucial M500 + 2TB WD Black (Fusion Drive) || 144hz Asus Mon
Defiant (MacBookPro 9,1): Core i7 @ 2.3ghz || 8GB RAM || nVidia GT 650M 512MB || 512GB Toshiba SSD

#31 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts
  • Location:NYC

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:53 PM

Steam Midweek Madness offers DE:MD for 67% off—and the maddening part is its not being available for macOS

Will Feral get paid if I buy now and only install it after release on macOS?
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB

#32 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

    Master Blaster

  • IMG Writers
  • 2462 posts
  • Location:Holland, PA; US
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:57 PM

The rules have been discussed here in detail before, but I think it's something like: if you run the Mac version within X days of the purchase, and play it more than the PC version, Feral gets the credit. Otherwise it goes to the PC publisher.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#33 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

    Admin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3806 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch
  • Location:Denmark

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:13 AM

I now blame Feral for killing my iMacs graphic card. It died when it realized that games don't even support it anymore.
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#34 jith_feral

jith_feral

    Feral Interactive

  • Developer
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:02 PM

View PostUmarOMC1, on 20 December 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

Steam Midweek Madness offers DE:MD for 67% off—and the maddening part is its not being available for macOS

Will Feral get paid if I buy now and only install it after release on macOS?

Hello! Thanks for your loyalty. I won't get into the details of our accounting, but if you'd like to show your support, buy the game from the Feral Store or Mac App Store once it's released. If you can’t hold back your lust for augmentations ownership until then, please use your Mac machine to buy the game when we officially announce a release date, and then install it and play it on Mac when it's out.

#35 ikir

ikir

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir
  • Location:In front of my Mac

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:56 AM

View Postjith_feral, on 21 December 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:



Hello! Thanks for your loyalty. I won't get into the details of our accounting, but if you'd like to show your support, buy the game from the Feral Store or Mac App Store once it's released. If you can’t hold back your lust for augmentations ownership until then, please use your Mac machine to buy the game when we officially announce a release date, and then install it and play it on Mac when it's out.

Deus EX MD will be mine the minute it appears on MacApp Store, it will be also my main new eGPU test!
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13" 2016 i5 2,9Ghz - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 480 4GB
LG 34UM95 Ultrawide Thunderbolt
Steelseries Rival 300, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism, Logitech K811

#36 9secondko

9secondko

    Newbie

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:39 AM

View Postjith_feral, on 21 December 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:



Hello! Thanks for your loyalty. I won't get into the details of our accounting, but if you'd like to show your support, buy the game from the Feral Store or Mac App Store once it's released. If you can’t hold back your lust for augmentations ownership until then, please use your Mac machine to buy the game when we officially announce a release date, and then install it and play it on Mac when it's out.

So when is this available?

It's taken so long, I'm concerned the market may not be there for it since antsy gamers will have bit the bullet and purchased a OC or console version. Not fair to compare Mac demand when the Mac version doesn't come out in s relevant time frame. I'm a die hard Mac guy and I've been waiting for this game since it was announced a long time ago. Is it still coming? Cancelled?

Any info is appreciated.

#37 9secondko

9secondko

    Newbie

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:38 PM

So... the silence sounds like bad news then.

I know we get notifications about post replies. And since its been 8 days, and not a care to respond...

The difficulty in waiting for a native Mac version — especially when it was announced for 2016 and then nothing, not even a polite "please be patient, its on its way..." or "sorry, the game is cancelled"— is that now the game is available on console and PC at bargain bin prices, while the port myself and others have been waiting for is just a broken promise at this point. And if I put myself in Feral's position, I'd know the business case dwindles away every day. Not cool at all.



#38 ikir

ikir

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Steam Name:ikir
  • Location:In front of my Mac

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:33 AM

View Post9secondko, on 09 April 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

So... the silence sounds like bad news then.

I know we get notifications about post replies. And since its been 8 days, and not a care to respond...

The difficulty in waiting for a native Mac version — especially when it was announced for 2016 and then nothing, not even a polite "please be patient, its on its way..." or "sorry, the game is cancelled"— is that now the game is available on console and PC at bargain bin prices, while the port myself and others have been waiting for is just a broken promise at this point. And if I put myself in Feral's position, I'd know the business case dwindles away every day. Not cool at all.

They said that Metal was an issue, thy needed more time. Probably it is coming soon since 10.12.4 finalized some Metal features, and indeed Feral released F1 2016 running on Metal
ikir's personal page
MacBook Pro 13" 2016 i5 2,9Ghz - 8GB RAM - 512GB SSD
Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Radeon Nitro+ RX 480 4GB
LG 34UM95 Ultrawide Thunderbolt
Steelseries Rival 300, Steelseries Siberia v3Prism, Logitech K811

#39 Janichsan

Janichsan

    Jugger Bugger

  • Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8087 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan
  • Location:over there

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:05 AM

View Post9secondko, on 09 April 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

The difficulty in waiting for a native Mac version — especially when it was announced for 2016 and then nothing, not even a polite "please be patient, its on its way..."
Here's your "please be patient" statement.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"


#40 UmarOMC1

UmarOMC1

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1434 posts
  • Location:NYC

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:26 PM

View PostJanichsan, on 10 April 2017 - 06:05 AM, said:

Here's your "please be patient" statement.
Could you quote a little? FB is blocked on my network.
macOS 10.13.x/Windows 7 Pro/2009 MacPro 4,1 Xeon W3580 3.33GHz/16GB RAM/EVGA GTX1070 8GB





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deus ex, mankind divided, mankind, divided, feral interactive, feral, 2029, Adam Jensen, macos, linux